Most likely JGB team to win state

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

hockeyyyyyyeah

Most likely JGB team to win state

Post by hockeyyyyyyeah » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:59 am

Who do you guys think has the best chance to win state this year? Both Edina teams and both Wayzata teams look to have the best chance in my opinion. All 4 very strong teams. Let me know what ya think

hockeymannorth

Re: Most likely JGB team to win state

Post by hockeymannorth » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:59 pm

hockeyyyyyyeah wrote:Who do you guys think has the best chance to win state this year? Both Edina teams and both Wayzata teams look to have the best chance in my opinion. All 4 very strong teams. Let me know what ya think
no chance STMA gold A is playing B Edina 1 STMA 9

C-dad

Post by C-dad » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:43 am

hockeymannorth wrote:
hockeyyyyyyeah wrote:Who do you guys think has the best chance to win state this year? Both Edina teams and both Wayzata teams look to have the best chance in my opinion. All 4 very strong teams. Let me know what ya think
I don't see STMA in the JGB State bracket. :?: Both Edina JGB teams are in the State Bracket.

hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:17 am

C-dad wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:
I don't see STMA in the JGB State bracket. :?: Both Edina JGB teams are in the State Bracket.
o St Thomas plays Burnsville gold in first round don't what your looking at :oops:

TheMayor

Post by TheMayor » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:50 am

hockeymannorth wrote:St Thomas plays Burnsville gold in first round don't what your looking at :oops:
STMA is St. Michael / Albertville. STA is St. Thomas Academy.
Last edited by TheMayor on Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

C-dad

Post by C-dad » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:50 am

hockeymannorth wrote:
C-dad wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:
o St Thomas plays Burnsville gold in first round don't what your looking at :oops:
I am looking at a bracket with STA in it. I have never seen it abbreviated as STMA as that has always been the abbreviation for St. Michael-Albertville in youth hockey circles.

hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:46 pm

C-dad wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:
C-dad wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:
no chance STMA gold A is playing B Edina 1 STA 9
I am looking at a bracket with STA in it. I have never seen it abbreviated as STMA as that has always been the abbreviation for St. Michael-Albertville in youth hockey circles.
I was wrong STA 7 Edina 2 but I was close

C-dad

Post by C-dad » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:37 am

hockeymannorth wrote:
C-dad wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:
C-dad wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:
Well given that STA Jr Gold seems to have followed the precedent that the Varsity team set for years and played down a level to gather trophies, congrats I guess. BSM is very similar to STA, private schools that draw from around the metro for their hockey program. Both field a Jr Gold team of the guys who can't make Varsity. BSM's team plays JGA and is competitive with the Edinas and Wayzatas, STA plays B and wins trophies, just like their varsity did for years in A. :wink:

the_juiceman

Post by the_juiceman » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:15 pm

C-dad wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:
C-dad wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:
C-dad wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:
Well given that STA Jr Gold seems to have followed the precedent that the Varsity team set for years and played down a level to gather trophies, congrats I guess. BSM is very similar to STA, private schools that draw from around the metro for their hockey program. Both field a Jr Gold team of the guys who can't make Varsity. BSM's team plays JGA and is competitive with the Edinas and Wayzatas, STA plays B and wins trophies, just like their varsity did for years in A. :wink:
BSM doesn't have a JG team...

C-dad

Post by C-dad » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:45 am

the_juiceman wrote:
C-dad wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:
C-dad wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:
C-dad wrote:
hockeymannorth wrote:
BSM doesn't have a JG team...
Yes, they do. It is through the St. Louis Park Association, but I know it was nearly all, if not all, BSM students. The coaches are dads of current and former BSM students. It is for all intents and purposes a BSM team.

They lost the State consolation title to Stillwater 1-0 this season.