Miss Hockey 2015 Predictions

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

36Guy

Miss Hockey 2015 Predictions

Post by 36Guy »

I would be curious to see who has gained respect around the State this year Metro and Outstate. Who do our Forum experts think will be the top 5 Miss Hockey candidates next year? It will be interesting to look back.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

It would be interesting to see this for freshman sophs and juniors.
Regardless,

Karlie Lund Blake
Rasmussen Dodge County (sorry I don't know her first name)
Jess Aney Century
Kate Hallett United
U10Father

Post by U10Father »

Geez, why don't you just skip ahead to 2016 and the year you really care about...
Nevertoomuchhockey

U10Father wrote:Geez, why don't you just skip ahead to 2016 and the year you really care about...
Why do I feel like I missed something here...
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

For both Miss Goalie and Miss Hockey 2015 you could look at the current USA 18s from MN and get a couple of girls that would most likely be in the early running as Baldwin, Rogers, & O'Neill are all on that team and Pannek was on the team as a Soph & Jr. I think that those 4 were the top contenders for those awards for 2014.

Miss Goalie:

Rooney of Andover (made the U18 series summer team but not the National team)

Miss Hockey:

Taylor Williamson, Edina, Forward (U18 National Team)
Grace Bizal, Hopkins, Defense (U18 National Team)

You also could probably add to the list of early contenders:

Charly Dahlquist, Eden Prairie, Forward
Sophia Shaver, Wayzata, Forward
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

You might also get a pretty good idea by looking at the All State Team from this season. When do we hear who made that team? Was it not announced or mentioned at the Lets Play Hockey Banquet?

I have not seen anything on it yet...
CrossXbar

Post by CrossXbar »

Sophia Shaver - Wayzata
Karlie Lund - Blake
Taylor Williamson - Edina

Just a few that come to my mind
36Guy

Post by 36Guy »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:It would be interesting to see this for freshman sophs and juniors.
Regardless,

Karlie Lund Blake
Jess Aney Century
Kate Hallett United
Jesse Aney is a sophomore and not eligible for Miss Hockey next year.
Maverick2000

Post by Maverick2000 »

Top 5

Williamson. Edina
Bizal. Hopkins
Rasmussen dodge county
Hallett. St. Paul united
Haley. Red wing

Lund Blake
Shaver. Wayzata
Boyle Eden praire
Dahlquist Eden praire
Kolstad. Mankato east
Voight. Cdh.
powerplayer

Post by powerplayer »

Anyone from the North :?:
36Guy

Post by 36Guy »

powerplayer wrote:Anyone from the North :?:
Does not sound like it? I would love to get some feedback from those in the Hinterland!
blondegirlsdad

Post by blondegirlsdad »

Hallett
Williamson
Shaver
Rasmussen
Bizal
Boyle

Problem is there are six super strong ones, along with another six who are pretty damn close. You could come up with 5 forwards AND 5 defensmen. LPH, are you listening? Might be a good year to create a category for both.
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

I second the "LPH, are you listening?" comment on the Forward, Def, and Goalie categories…then maybe add a new category of "player of the year" that could be the best of all positions.

This year would have been a great year for it with at least 2 great forward candidates for "Miss Forward" or whatever and obviously Baldwin would have been "Miss Defense" along with MVP/Miss Hockey/HS version of Kazmaier or something like that.

Just an idea.

Also where is the list of All State First Team and beyond? It is my understanding that it was announced at the LPH banquet but have seen ZERO press on it. I believe that Williamson & Bizal were the only first team Juniors but I may not have the correct information. In theory that should place those 2 near the top of the "contender" list for Miss Hockey. Or "Miss Defense" and "Miss Forward"?!?!
luckyEPDad

Post by luckyEPDad »

massalsa wrote:I second the "LPH, are you listening?" comment on the Forward, Def, and Goalie categories…then maybe add a new category of "player of the year" that could be the best of all positions.

This year would have been a great year for it with at least 2 great forward candidates for "Miss Forward" or whatever and obviously Baldwin would have been "Miss Defense" along with MVP/Miss Hockey/HS version of Kazmaier or something like that.

Just an idea.

Also where is the list of All State First Team and beyond? It is my understanding that it was announced at the LPH banquet but have seen ZERO press on it. I believe that Williamson & Bizal were the only first team Juniors but I may not have the correct information. In theory that should place those 2 near the top of the "contender" list for Miss Hockey. Or "Miss Defense" and "Miss Forward"?!?!
Boyle from EP also made first team. She is a junior.
Nevertoomuchhockey

He's asking you or LPH or someone in the know to put up the list.
Maverick2000

Post by Maverick2000 »

Also in class AA Rasmussen was first team all state

In Class A Haley, kolstad, Hallett, and Lund were also first team all state
123gooats

Post by 123gooats »

Rooney, miller (bsm) and goettl (champlin) were honorable mention. Rooney and goettl are juniors.
luckyEPDad

Post by luckyEPDad »

Or the list could contain someone you've never heard of. Last year I would never have put Erin O'Neil on a list of Senior Goalie finalists for 2014, and we play Hopkins twice a year. This was a great year for seniors and many teams face a leadership vacuum. Occasionally a player comfortable playing in the shadow of a star will step up and do great things when needs arise. I think next year's Ms Hockey finalist list will have a few surprises.
Maverick2000

Post by Maverick2000 »

I really doubt an surprises as all the skaters were national camp kids even her in net.....
36Guy

Post by 36Guy »

Maverick2000 wrote:I really doubt an surprises as all the skaters were national camp kids even her in net.....
Agreed..there will be no surprises. If Erin O'neil was a surprise, than I will be shocked if Taylor Williamson wins it next year.
LPH

Post by LPH »

Nevertoomuchhockey

50% of course
25% I can see that
25% that is a STTRREETTCCHH
Nevertoomuchhockey

36Guy wrote:
Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:It would be interesting to see this for freshman sophs and juniors.
Regardless,

Karlie Lund Blake
Jess Aney Century
Kate Hallett United
Listed in the above LPH article as a junior.
36Guy

Post by 36Guy »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:
36Guy wrote:
Regardless,

Karlie Lund Blake
Jess Aney Century
Kate Hallett United
Listed in the above LPH article as a junior.
I've known this kid since she was 8, she is a sophomore and a 98 birth year. However, I will check with her parents, she does online school because she commutes between here and Florida for tennis during the school year. She may be trying to graduate early so she can go play tennis.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

36Guy wrote:I've known this kid since she was 8, she is a sophomore and a 98 birth year. However, I will check with her parents, she does online school because she commutes between here and Florida for tennis during the school year. She may be trying to graduate early so she can go play tennis.
I was following her tennis progress in the paper, first when she played for their girls team and then boys. Then last year she seemed to disappear from the local tennis scene - this explains it. Thanks.

P.S. What a talented athlete this young lady is!