#2Hermantown (22-4-2) vs Luverne (27-0-1) 11am

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

who ya got?

Hermantown
71%
Luverne
29%

Total votes: 100

sterfry9

#2Hermantown (22-4-2) vs Luverne (27-0-1) 11am

Post by sterfry9 »

let the roll cards roll begin? :roll:
4chex

Post by 4chex »

Luverne's first loss of the season comes in a big way. Running time and Mariucci chants in the 3rd for the "should have been seeded" Cardinals.
urban iceman

Post by urban iceman »

Hope the cards make a game of it so the haters will quit bitchin about the best teams not being in the tourney this year!! :x
HockeyBum

Post by HockeyBum »

Respect all teams, that's why we play the game
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

I'm excited to see what Luverne brings to the table after years of hearing about them.

I don't think it'll be much of a game...but I wouldn't be upset with a surprise.
GVvikes

Post by GVvikes »

This matchup reminds me of the Rochester JM team in the big tourney in the late 70's, I chuckled at their chances, I think this will be closer than common sense dictates.
Basketball, a great game for guys who cant play Hockey
TheInsider

Post by TheInsider »

I predict running time
HockeyBum

Post by HockeyBum »

4-1 game if Luverne scores first
7-1 game if Hermantown scores 2 in first period
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

Luverne has some comfort in that nobody outside of 56156 gives them a chance so hopefully they relax and play their game with less first trip jitters.
defense

Post by defense »

Go Luverne! then Hermantown can be the " Marriucci" tournament champions.
Scout14

Post by Scout14 »

I guess we will show up..... :lol:

ROLL CARDS ROLL!!!
flash4000

Post by flash4000 »

Luverne knows nothing about Hermantown, and Hermantown knows nothing about Luverne. I'm sure Luverne will have some nerves, but I sure Hermantown will have those same nerves.

I am urging all the neutral fans at the X to jump on the Luverne "Cinderella Story" bandwagon.
oldschoolpuckster

Post by oldschoolpuckster »

....thanks for coming LuVerne.

Tough draw for the first ever game at State. Great story about to come to an end at the hands of my least favorite "public" school in the state.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

My guess is the vast majority of the crowd will be Cardinals fans, underdog story and all that. I think Luverne stays with Hermantown through most of the second before it gets a bit more one sided.

Luverne can take this and build on it for next year. Not too many teams at state do well their first trip.
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

I can say Roll Cards Roll and will for this game however its likely the public school evil empire is going to roll over the cards. If Hermantown wins and makes it to the championship for there 5th small school title game in a row I hope the buzz grows louder for Coach Plante to step up particularly reading about some of the 'recruiting' they've benefitted from and investments into the infrastructure of the school to accept more open enrollments outside the traditional Hermantown zip code. :lol:
HockeyBum

Post by HockeyBum »

[quote="Nuts&Bolts"]I can say Roll Cards Roll and will for this game however its likely the public school evil empire is going to roll over the cards. If Hermantown wins and makes it to the championship for there 5th small school title game in a row I hope the buzz grows louder for Coach Plante to step up particularly reading about some of the 'recruiting' they've benefitted from and investments into the infrastructure of the school to accept more open enrollments outside the traditional Hermantown zip code. :lol:[/quote]

We have enough threads to discuss open enrollment, recruiting, etc... Try to stay focused.... or are you just bored?
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Bored. Back on topic. H'Town wins 6-2 but Roll Cards Roll.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

LUVERNE VS. #2 HERMANTOWN
-The most intriguing Class A match-up, as undefeated Luverne takes on perennial Class A power Hermantown.

Luverne (27-0-1, #17, 1-seed in 3A)
First State appearance
Key section win: 6-1 over 3-seed New Ulm
-The Cardinals are one of the best storylines for this Tournament, after going unbeaten and earning their first berth. Of course, they only played one team that appeared in the Class A top 20 all season, and come from of a section that historically a first-round punching bag. Handling the relentless Hawks is a tall order for an untested team, but unlike most 3A reps, there is some legitimate front-end talent here in defenseman Toby Sengvonxay (3), 80-point scorer Chaz Smedsrud (8), and eighth-grader Jaxon Nelson (7). Logan Norman (9) and Gunnar Olson (33) were also big contributors to the team’s gaudy offensive numbers. It will be interesting to see how this team and its coaching staff approaches the likely Hermantown onslaught.

Hermantown (22-4-2, #2, 1-seed in 7A)
State appearances: 10 (5 in a row)
State championships: 1 (2007)
Key section wins: 6-1 over #14 Duluth Denfeld, 6-2 over #5 Duluth Marshall
-The Hawks are once again one of the clear favorites in Class A, and are easily the most explosive team in the field. Ryan Kero (7), Nate Pionk (6), and Scott Wasbotten (23) carry the load on the top line, while the second line anchored by Cole Koepke (27) gives them excellent depth for a Class A team. Zach Kramer (13) and Wyatt Aamodt (5) anchor the defense. They may have a weakness in goal, and for once they won’t be the crowd favorite, but the Hawks haven’t lost in the first round since 1999, and they’re loaded for a run to a fifth straight title game.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Hermantown 6-1
bauerman

Post by bauerman »

Is Luverne a public school and do they have one zip code so Plante can quite bitching. Luverne 5-4
defense

Post by defense »

bauerman wrote:Is Luverne a public school and do they have one zip code so Plante can quite bitching. Luverne 5-4
plus one
Scout14

Post by Scout14 »

defense wrote:
bauerman wrote:Is Luverne a public school and do they have one zip code so Plante can quite bitching. Luverne 5-4
plus one
Home grown Rock & Nobles county Boys!!

PRIME CARDINAL CUTS!!!

ROLL CARDS ROLL!! :P
blueblood

Hermantown vs. Luverne

Post by blueblood »

This won't be close.

Hermantown 9-0...
hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth »

Hermantown beat C-E-C 5 to 2
St Michael beat C-E-C 4 to 1
luverne tied st Michael 1 to 1 in a game that the cards carried most of the play Hermantown might have their hands full
blueblood

A vs. B. vs. C

Post by blueblood »

another abuser of transtive property....