Private Schools

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BadgerBob82

Private Schools

Post by BadgerBob82 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:31 am

If I read the Section finals correctly, the following perennial private schools are out:

St. Thomas Academy
Benilde
Breck
Lourdes

Could we have an all Public school AA tournament?

Sats81

Re: Private Schools

Post by Sats81 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:33 am

BadgerBob82 wrote:If I read the Section finals correctly, the following perennial private schools are out:

St. Thomas Academy
Benilde
Breck
Lourdes

If Stillwater upsets HM tonight.

bauerman

Post by bauerman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:46 am

The public schools have done a great job in recruiting this year--GO HILL MURRAY

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:05 am

Cathedral is in.

Bleed Maroon and Gold

Post by Bleed Maroon and Gold » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:13 am

Mite-dad wrote:Cathedral is in.
They are not AA.

C-dad

Post by C-dad » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:50 am

Bleed Maroon and Gold wrote:
Mite-dad wrote:Cathedral is in.
They are not AA.
True, but nothing in the thread limited the discussion to AA.

Bleed Maroon and Gold

Post by Bleed Maroon and Gold » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:12 am

BadgerBob82 wrote:If I read the Section finals correctly, the following perennial private schools are out:

St. Thomas Academy
Benilde
Breck
Lourdes

Pretty sure when he asked if we could have an all public AA tournament it limited the discussion to AA.

Marty

Post by Marty » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:24 am

deleted.
Last edited by Marty on Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

GolfGuy7900

Post by GolfGuy7900 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:28 am

Bleed Maroon and Gold wrote:

St. Thomas Academy
Benilde
Breck
Lourdes

Pretty sure when he asked if we could have an all public AA tournament it limited the discussion to AA.
Misleading because he listed single A schools.

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:14 pm

St. Thomas Academy
Benilde
Breck
Lourdes

And there was much rejoicing :lol:

Logiiii

Post by Logiiii » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:08 pm

It'd be nice if 216 or 206 or whatever section they're in starts the tournament with a nice "Public schools" chant.

Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:37 am

Petty.

bauerman

Post by bauerman » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:39 am

here is something that I think is really bizzare. The MSHSL asked STA adminisration that in the event that STA made the State Tourney to NOT ALLOW the students to wear their uniforms because it makes them look different. Well STA hockey team took care of that situation but think about that. The MSHSL has no problem with some bare chested face painted student but to wear a uniform stand at attention and salute during the national anthem--well thats just over the top

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:13 am

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:Petty.
Richard or Kyle ?

:P

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:13 am

bauerman wrote:here is something that I think is really bizzare. The MSHSL asked STA adminisration that in the event that STA made the State Tourney to NOT ALLOW the students to wear their uniforms because it makes them look different. Well STA hockey team took care of that situation but think about that. The MSHSL has no problem with some bare chested face painted student but to wear a uniform stand at attention and salute during the national anthem--well thats just over the top
Do you have a link, etc. to this, or is it hearsay ?

pekyman

Post by pekyman » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:25 am

bauerman wrote:here is something that I think is really bizzare. The MSHSL asked STA adminisration that in the event that STA made the State Tourney to NOT ALLOW the students to wear their uniforms because it makes them look different. Well STA hockey team took care of that situation but think about that. The MSHSL has no problem with some bare chested face painted student but to wear a uniform stand at attention and salute during the national anthem--well thats just over the top
I don't agree with that if it is true, but don't try to paint the cadets as showing much respect to anybody while in that uniform.

mnmouth

Post by mnmouth » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:40 am

pekyman wrote:
I don't agree with that if it is true, but don't try to paint the cadets as showing much respect to anybody while in that uniform.
They already showed the level of respect they can muster when the cadets were batting around the Hermantown Hawk head like a beach ball a few years back. That was classy . . . :oops: :roll:

HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:46 am

mnmouth wrote:
pekyman wrote:
They already showed the level of respect they can muster when the cadets were batting around the Hermantown Hawk head like a beach ball a few years back. That was classy . . . :oops: :roll:
Please elaborate. While I won't defend everything high school students do, there's very little disrespect they've shown as a group in their uniforms at state.

It's always interesting that is how that story is told. Always missing the part of the mascot coming over to the other team's side of the arena taunting them.

defense

Post by defense » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:52 am

If i was the STA admin, and if STA had made the state tourney, I would dang near require my students to attend the games AND wear their monkey suits with pride. I never havecheered for a pprivate school, and rarely a TC area teambut if this is true: how dare they??

mnmouth

Post by mnmouth » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:55 am

HShockeywatcher wrote:
mnmouth wrote:
pekyman wrote:
Please elaborate. While I won't defend everything high school students do, there's very little disrespect they've shown as a group in their uniforms at state.

It's always interesting that is how that story is told. Always missing the part of the mascot coming over to the other team's side of the arena taunting them.
So merely taunting them results in having the mascot's head torn off and playing keep away with it? Taunting has been going on for years. And as with a player retaliating, it is usually the retaliatory action that gets noticed. They may have been taunted but the TV shots only revealed some seriously chump moves by the cadets.

defense

Post by defense » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:56 am

HShockeywatcher wrote:
mnmouth wrote:
pekyman wrote:

funny how people's minds are selective.

HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:59 am

mnmouth wrote:
HShockeywatcher wrote:
mnmouth wrote:
pekyman wrote:

So merely taunting them results in having the mascot's head torn off and playing keep away with it? Taunting has been going on for years. And as with a player retaliating, it is usually the retaliatory action that gets noticed. They may have been taunted but the TV shots only revealed some seriously chump moves by the cadets.
Did I say merely taunting? No. The mascot was on the other side of the rink. Make it about something it's not all you want.

It's okay for one community to make gay jokes about another, but when does something they're not supposed to and the response is "playing with a mascot head like a beach ball," oh man, that crossed the line :roll:

mnmouth

Post by mnmouth » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:07 am

HShockeywatcher wrote:
mnmouth wrote:
HShockeywatcher wrote:
mnmouth wrote:
pekyman wrote:

Did I say merely taunting? No. The mascot was on the other side of the rink. Make it about something it's not all you want.

It's okay for one community to make gay jokes about another, but when does something they're not supposed to and the response is "playing with a mascot head like a beach ball," oh man, that crossed the line :roll:
From the STA website:

Our Mission

The excellence of an institution is found in the class of students it sends forth each year to fight the battles of life” (Archbishop John Ireland, Founder of Saint Thomas Academy). It is our mission to help each student discover and develop his potential talents and abilities by providing an excellent college-preparatory education that instills qualities of everlasting value: leadership, a sense of brotherhood, a strong moral compass, self-confidence, a faith guided by the Catholic tradition, and an awareness of the importance of service to others."

Didn't see a lot of that on display regarding the action in question

DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:13 am

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:Petty.
Pretty :D

pekyman

Post by pekyman » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:21 am

mnmouth wrote:
HShockeywatcher wrote:
mnmouth wrote:
HShockeywatcher wrote:
mnmouth wrote:
pekyman wrote:

From the STA website:

Our Mission

The excellence of an institution is found in the class of students it sends forth each year to fight the battles of life” (Archbishop John Ireland, Founder of Saint Thomas Academy). It is our mission to help each student discover and develop his potential talents and abilities by providing an excellent college-preparatory education that instills qualities of everlasting value: leadership, a sense of brotherhood, a strong moral compass, self-confidence, a faith guided by the Catholic tradition, and an awareness of the importance of service to others."

Didn't see a lot of that on display regarding the action in question
HSHW, it is my opinion that your student section in their uniforms did not represent your school in a favorable manner. That is my opinion and that of many others I think. The original poster made it sound otherwise. Why don't you do a poll so we can find out. I don't have the time or desire to write a novel on it. A year break of not having sta in the state tourney is probably a good thing. They have a good chance of making it again next year. I do commend them for going AA it is where they belong.