Mr. Hockey and Frank Brimsek Award

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockey9011

Mr. Hockey and Frank Brimsek Award

Post by hockey9011 »

Mr. Hockey Award goes to Avery Peterson.
Frank Brimsek Award goes to Hunter Shepard. Both very deserving players.
Congrats!!
NLHockey

Post by NLHockey »

Grand Rapids sweep.......sweet :D
Sartellcelly

awards

Post by Sartellcelly »

Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Congrats to both.
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

Sats81 wrote:Congrats to both.
There's a separate thread talking about humility (or lack there of). These two guys were a refreshing counterpoint this afternoon. Their acceptance speeches and responses to the interview questions during the banquet were delivered with an amazing amount of humility, poise, and grace.

Their teammates, families, and community should be just as proud of how these awards were accepted as how they were earned.

Well done, gentlemen. =D> =D> =D>
sinbin

Post by sinbin »

Great examples of how to handle yourselves as young gentlemen that I pray is noticed by other young men and I pray even harder has an impact.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Congrats to both

Peterson had been my likely winner, and most deserving. He is like a magician on the ice, and has a great career ahead of him

Shepard is a great goalie, went to all the development camps, and played in the extra league action, continually fine tuned his skills. Anyone who saw him in the Edina tourney this year knows he is something special.

As many on this board have heard me say, I believed that Edina's Andrew Rohkowl should have been the 2nd goalie nominee, based on his regular season results not to mention the State Tournament.
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

Congrats to Avery and Hunter, you're hard work, dedication, and phenomenal skill sets paid off. Two class act young men that are often referred to as being better people than hockey players, if that is possible. Thanks for all the priceless memories this year, you leave behind great legacies for the GR program and have made the community very proud.

What a day for GR hockey!
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Have both these awards ever been won by two members of the same team? Pretty amazing. Also kind of crazy the team didn't even make their section finals.

Both seem like great kids. Congrats
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:Have both these awards ever been won by two members of the same team? Pretty amazing. Also kind of crazy the team didn't even make their section finals.

Both seem like great kids. Congrats
Never before
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

Although the Reed Larson award(best senior D-man) is only in its second year, Grand Rapids is also the only team in the state with a Mr. Hockey winner, Frank Brimsek winner, and Reed Larson award recipient.

Pretty impressive.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!