13-14' All Forum team

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

SuperStar

13-14' All Forum team

Post by SuperStar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:09 am

With all this talk about players, coaches, awards, tournament, commits, ect..Someone smarter than myself needs to come up with a ALL Forum team for the year.....Since Karl is great at rankings, I vote to leave it up him... :D

DrGaf

Post by DrGaf » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:18 am

I would like to nominate myself for this "all-forum" team you speak of.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:21 am

DrGaf wrote:I would like to nominate myself for this "all-forum" team you speak of.
Like the attitude kid - We need more of that on our team..! Keep working hard in the off season and good things will come.. :D

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:46 am

SuperStar wrote:
DrGaf wrote:I would like to nominate myself for this "all-forum" team you speak of.
Like the attitude kid - We need more of that on our team..! Keep working hard in the off season and good things will come.. :D
In other words, "don't call us, we'll call you". :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:51 am

east hockey wrote:
SuperStar wrote:
In other words, "don't call us, we'll call you". :mrgreen:

Lee
lol.......If I had a quarter for everytime someone said that to me growing up, I'd be rich! :D

wayfncold

Post by wayfncold » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:52 am

Can I be rookie of the year? :P

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:58 am

wayfncold wrote:Can I be rookie of the year? :P
You never know.. But we got leave the tough decisions up to the forum moderators. There can only be one Rookie of the Year - that, my friend, would be a HUGE award!

ER17

Post by ER17 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:14 am

I would like to nominate almostashappy and cake for their inate ability to turn any thread into an Edina vs. Eagan argument.

Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:31 am

No need to nominate yourself, DrGaf, I nominate you. I saw some good stuff out of you the past few weeks!

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:35 am

Dear Forum Member:
Congratuations !

After input from your Section Forum Moderators, you have been selected to attend the 2014 High School Hockey Forum Tryout Session in your section !

This year's tryouts are being held at (insert arena in your section, that involves the furthest travel possible).

A team of 20 forum members, two moderators, twelve highest post count members, and six, voted most pain in the ass members, will then be selected from this tryout to attend the 2014 Springbok Forum Festival Camp held in beautiful Wakota Arena.

Selectees from this festival will then attend the 2014 USA National Forum Camp, in downtown Three Mile Island. PA.

Please be advised, that although we advertise openings available at the National Camp, the following rules apply:

- anyone who attended last years camp automatically gets a spot this year, even if they participated in Canadian forums the past year.
- anyone who is a relative, friend, or acquaintance of anyone with a big name in hockey, or anyone's relative, friend, or acquaintance of anyone who is a relative, friend, or acquaintance of anyone with a big name in hockey, automatically get a spot.
- anyone who we just like better, hockey or not, is automatically given a spot.

In short, there *might* be a spot or two open.

But those one or two spots have turnover every year !

Please be sure to register with the associated fees, as soon as possible, to reserve your spot in this prestigious event !

:P

dizlutheastt218

Post by dizlutheastt218 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:55 am

put me in coach
"lets play curling"
east side 218

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:02 pm

puckbreath wrote:Dear Forum Member:
Congratuations !

After input from your Section Forum Moderators, you have been selected to attend the 2014 High School Hockey Forum Tryout Session in your section !

This year's tryouts are being held at (insert arena in your section, that involves the furthest travel possible).

A team of 20 forum members, two moderators, twelve highest post count members, and six, voted most pain in the ass members, will then be selected from this tryout to attend the 2014 Springbok Forum Festival Camp held in beautiful Wakota Arena.

Selectees from this festival will then attend the 2014 USA National Forum Camp, in downtown Three Mile Island. PA.

Please be advised, that although we advertise openings available at the National Camp, the following rules apply:

- anyone who attended last years camp automatically gets a spot this year, even if they participated in Canadian forums the past year.
- anyone who is a relative, friend, or acquaintance of anyone with a big name in hockey, or anyone's relative, friend, or acquaintance of anyone who is a relative, friend, or acquaintance of anyone with a big name in hockey, automatically get a spot.

Please be sure to register with the associated fees, as soon as possible, to reserve your spot in this prestigious event !

Classic...!

wayfncold

Post by wayfncold » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:03 pm

Congratuations !

Dose this mean I'm out for rookie of the year? I really don't know anyone that's ANYONE. :(

Tenoverpar

c

Post by Tenoverpar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:21 pm

Can you be selected to the team if you live in Florida?

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:26 pm

wayfncold wrote:
Congratuations !

Dose this mean I'm out for rookie of the year? I really don't know anyone that's ANYONE. :(
For us to be able to answer that question, please send your check in.

We will then be contacting you.................

puckbreath

Re: c

Post by puckbreath » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Tenoverpar wrote:Can you be selected to the team if you live in Florida?
Of course.

Hell, we've had a kid from Wisconsin and Canada attend, so why not Florida ?

wayfncold

Post by wayfncold » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:30 pm

puckbreath wrote:
wayfncold wrote:
Congratuations !

For us to be able to answer that question, please send your check in.

We will then be contacting you.................
OK I'll do it. [-o<

wayfncold

Post by wayfncold » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:32 pm

puckbreath wrote:
Of course.

But they knew SOMEONE right?

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:37 pm

wayfncold wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
Of course.

"Senator, I refuse to answer that question, on the grounds of self-incrimination......"

almostashappy

Post by almostashappy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:41 pm

puckbreath wrote:
wayfncold wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
Of course.

"Senator, I refuse to answer that question, on the grounds of self-incrimination......"
Hey puckbreath, just throw on your black Reebok jacket and you won't have to answer to anyone. :wink:

puckbreath

Post by puckbreath » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:43 pm

almostashappy wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
wayfncold wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
Of course.

Hey puckbreath, just throw on your black Reebok jacket and you won't have to answer to anyone. :wink:
BWAHAHAHAHAHA !!

Best humor has an element of truth in it !

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:05 pm

Let us do this correctly.

PM me with your votes for top 10.
#1 being your first choice.
I will compile your votes and let everyone know.

Voting will end on March 20.

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:37 pm

Any criteria..? Using a parity from You, Me & Dupree:

7 different kinds of smoke that will get you on the 2013-2014 ALL-FORUM Team:

1. Speed - Quantity of posts
2. Strength - Quality of Posts
3. Checking - Hammering fellow members in a nice way
4. Shooting - Ability to ZING other members with correct information
5. Passing - Ability to praise or give a compliment every now and then
6. Goaltending - Ability to deflect a negative post
7. Game Misconduct - Just being a flat out prick.

Elliott - I will have my list done shortly.

DrGaf

Post by DrGaf » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:48 pm

Well ... now I'm confused.

I thought I was being a smart-ass by spinning this into a "forum" member all-star team. It turns out that was the original intention.

I would formally like to rescind my original post. My apologies, I did not mean to add to the discussion in a fruitful manner.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.

BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:52 pm

Personally, I think we need to have categories. Like the Oscars!

Some examples:

Best Defender of the Faith - awarded to the strongest/fastest/most vigorous defender of their team

Top Literary Assassin - awarded to the most succinct poster

Best Signature Line - awarded to the poster with the most creative signature line

Most Hated (in jest of course) - awarded to the poster most likely to rile everyone up/troll/be intentionally inflammatory

Best Score Predictor - awarded to the poster most likely to accurately predict scores

Worst Score Predictor - reverse of above

Most Rabid Forum Fan Base - awarded to the team that has the most vocal/ardent fans on the forum

Rookie of the Year - awarded to the poster who signed up in the last 12 months that has had the largest impact on the forum

MVP - awarded to the best overall poster on the forum for the past 12 months
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year