Elite Players, League, Opportunities

Sioux Fan

Re: Elite

Post by Sioux Fan » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:18 pm

Problem is two years worth of seniors have missed out on the opportunity. They don't get it back. All you had to do is let us play in a few weekend games. That is not a big deal. I believe it is the attitude of the elite league that if an auxillary team would compete and beat one of their "elite teams" it would weaken their program. I don't care about that I care about the boys in our area continue to have an avenue that allows them to show they can play at a high level.<br><br>I know we have done it for 7 seasons of project prep and one year as Team South Wells Fargo. I would prefer to have area teams and area managers and coaches as our area will be better served. <p>Hockey Nut in So. MN</p><i></i>

hocke101

Elite

Post by hocke101 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:03 pm

I think you have good points but also have to remember that the league has been somewhat on a trial basis which makes it hard to add teams into weekends. I agree that a south team should be added even if it is only for a few weekends at first. I know you are still mad that those seniors missed out and that is unfortunate but prior to two years ago seniors everywhere were missing out without knowing it so I think that the league has been very positive. I think that the people running the league have good intentions and motives for running it and with people like us here who are only looking for the best for all minnesota hockey players I think the league will listen and it will only get better. Although it is easy remember what the previous players missed I think you should be more optimistic about getting next years best players in the state into the league. <p></p><i></i>

Whatwillwork

elite league

Post by Whatwillwork » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:29 pm

It's awfully strange that Notremann prefers to do his politicing on a message board. As I suggested before, money is what makes people notice, get to the money people in your area and have them present something to the Elite League, I don't know why they wouldn't want some more sponsorship. I honestly don't believe they are purposelly ignoring SO Minnesota players, but that is besides the point. <p></p><i></i>

Sioux Fan

Re: elite league

Post by Sioux Fan » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:05 pm

I have had the sponsors and the money for years... It is the games I need...<br><br>What will work my program has always been good! It was stolen! It is better than showing up and playing games to practice and then play games... You need to be able to practice to reinforce the things that these kids need to work on. <p>Hockey Nut in So. MN</p><i></i>

Whatwillwork

Elite League

Post by Whatwillwork » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:46 am

As the Godfather said, make them a offer they can't refuse. As far as your program being stolen, are you saying that they don't have the right to set up a hockey program?! Come on now, put down the crack pipe and relax. <p></p><i></i>

bdabbt75

Re: Elite League

Post by bdabbt75 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:27 am

WWW, <br>(crack pipe? was that called for?)<br><br>The buzz in 2002 was that MN Hockey did try it's darndest to keep Team South from playing... by pressuring refs to require coaching certificates on the bench for every game, hand checking parents signatures for the under 18s on the team. Stolen... maybe not, harassed and excluded to the point of pointlessness, maybe.<br><br>As Sioux fan states, it's hard to have a team if they don't let you play competition. there are a lot of fall AAA teams, but few of the quality of westrums and notermann's last year. You want to play 'up', and if up means Shattuck prep or the elite teams, and if you rank in quality you should have that chance. <br><br>I talked to one of Team South's sponsors last year (who also had a direct tie to the elite league) and he even tried to get a game or scrimmage with team SE but to no avail. It was inferred that any validation of a 'non-elite' team would be a damaging to the spin of 'elite' hockey just being another MN Showcase, or SuperSeries or all the other all-star games that exist. Which, if you can explain how it isn't without useing the term elite, I'd be surprized;-)<br><br>I stated last year, that I felt that they were trying to get anyone who spin it to basically say that there was no fall hockey except the HS elite program. Why project prep had to be scrapped? Why couldn't that be evolved, instead of starting from scratch? <br><br>That said, I'm bored with this subject. <p></p><i></i>

digity

kevin huck

Post by digity » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:13 am

Since he's been mention earlier in this thread(or a thread very similar) Kevin Huck has been traded to the Sioux Falls Stampede and played in both games this past weekend. Last year he played 5 games for them and had to enter the draft because he didn't play 10 games which you need to be on the attain list(AHA state tourney run was why he was only able to play 5 games). <p></p><i></i>

Sioux Fan

Re: kevin huck

Post by Sioux Fan » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:33 pm

That is good to hear. How did he do this weekend? <p>Hockey Nut in So. MN</p><i></i>