Nick Wolff to UMD

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Sats81

Nick Wolff to UMD

Post by Sats81 »

Per Over the boards, Eagan Sr D-man Nick Wolff commits to UMD. Congrats to him.
almostashappy

Re: Nick Wolff to UMD

Post by almostashappy »

Sats81 wrote:Per Over the boards, Eagan Sr D-man Nick Wolff commits to UMD. Congrats to him.
Congratulations to Nick and his family...and good luck to Nick this weekend in Dubuque and Des Moines.
GloryDaze

Re: Nick Wolff to UMD

Post by GloryDaze »

almostashappy wrote:
Sats81 wrote:Per Over the boards, Eagan Sr D-man Nick Wolff commits to UMD. Congrats to him.
Congratulations to Nick and his family...and good luck to Nick this weekend in Dubuque and Des Moines.
That's great! Nick has a lot of family connections to Duluth, so that's a great pick for him (and them).
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Great pick up for the Bulldogs. He's a talented kid with a great upside.
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

The Exiled One wrote:Great pick up for the Bulldogs. He's a talented kid with a great upside.
Yeah, very good pickup and when he adds a little beef to that big frame is should be a force
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:Great pick up for the Bulldogs. He's a talented kid with a great upside.
Yeah, very good pickup and when he adds a little beef to that big frame is should be a force
He still played quite physically in the Tourney, so the extra muscle will help his hits be even more devastating.
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

I don't follow UMD hockey...how are they set up for year-class d-men? Wondering whether it's more likely he'll spend 1 year in juniors or 2.
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

The Exiled One wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote:
He still played quite physically in the Tourney, so the extra muscle will help his hits be even more devastating.
Agreed. He'll quickly add 15 lbs of muscle and then look out. At 6'4" he'll be a specimen and a huge hitter. Should be fun to watch
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

almostashappy wrote:I don't follow UMD hockey...how are they set up for year-class d-men? Wondering whether it's more likely he'll spend 1 year in juniors or 2.
I don't follow UMD that closely either (I'm an SCSU fan), but I imagine he'll be evaluated after his first year in juniors to see how he's progressing. He has the ability to skate at the D1 level right now, but he'd get burned so many times defensively that he'd require skin grafts. They'll get that straightened out in the USHL. My guess is that it'll only be one year.
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

Bruce Ciskie (PXP guy for UMD) said on Twitter they expect him to join the team for the 2015-2016 season
BogeyMan

Post by BogeyMan »

Congrats to Nick Wolff. As good a player he is on the ice, I hear he is an even better person and student off the ice. He will have a great four year career at UM-Duluth!! This Bulldog fan is looking forward to watching him take his talents to the ice at Amsoil in 2014 or 2015.
badgermom78

Post by badgermom78 »

Great kid. Heck of a player too.
Whopper2

Post by Whopper2 »

needs to improve his over all game
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Scored in USHL debut tonight
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

Sats81 wrote:Scored in USHL debut tonight
Scored what turned out to be the game-winning goal in the Buc's first win over Dubuque in three years. He also led the team with a plus/minus of +3, after all of two days practice with his new team.

Yes, not too shabby at all. 8)
koolio

Post by koolio »

Whopper2 wrote:needs to improve his over all game
Who doesn't? Congrats to Wolff who has a heckuvalota upside.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Whopper2 wrote:needs to improve his over all game
Very insightful comment!
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Looks like Nicky is getting into some scraps. Anybody know how he is faring?
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

mulefarm wrote:Looks like Nicky is getting into some scraps. Anybody know how he is faring?
He's holding his own. Tough situation to walk into...Des Moines is out of playoffs and they fired the assistant coaches this past week. Still just the one point in 5 games, and he's goat a +/- of -3, but that's over a five game stretch where they've given up 25 goals...only a handful of guys on that roster with a positive +/- on the year.

Now if you're asking how he is faring in the scraps....he's more than holding his own. :)

Heard he won first fight rather decisively...almost over before it began. That long reach might come in handy at this level. :wink:
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Good for him! Like is game.
nobama

Post by nobama »

3 biggies for the coach at wild bills must have been the reason for the celly.
nobama

Post by nobama »

i take that back it was more like 5 but my math is bad :idea:

public eye :shock: