MN Wild & the Western League

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

imlisteningtothefnsong

MN Wild & the Western League

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:54 am

Minnesota Wild picks up many WHL grads.
MINNESOTA WILD
Players
Jonathon Blum, Long Beach, CA (Vancouver Giants)
Kyle Brodziak, St. Paul, AB (Moose Jaw Warriors)
Brett Bulmer, Prince George, B.C. (Kelowna Rockets)
*Mathew Dumba, Calgary, AB (Red Deer Rebels, Portland Winterhawks)
Josh Harding, Regina, SK (Regina Pats, Brandon Wheat Kings)
Darcy Kuemper, Saskatoon, SK (Red Deer Rebels, Spokane Chiefs)
Carson McMillan, Brandon, MB (Calgary Hitmen)
Nino Niederreiter, Chur, SUI (Portland Winterhawks)
Jared Spurgeon, Edmonton, AB (Spokane Chiefs)
Clayton Stoner, Port McNeill, B.C. (Tri-City Americans )
Coaching Staff
Asst. Coach Rick Wilson, Prince Albert, SK (Prince Albert Raiders-c)
Asst. Coach Darryl Sydor, Edmonton, AB (Kamloops Blazers)

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:01 pm

:lol:

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:36 pm

Like Sgt. Friday says,"just the facts ma'am, just the facts."

😎😎

IHEA

Post by IHEA » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:42 am

Fact is every team filled with WHL and CHL players so clue us into the reason for the post

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:16 am

Not sure I need a reason to clue "us" in. My reason came in the first reply!! Just rufflin' uncle Bo's feathers. You did not disappoint amigo. 8)

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:19 am

Here you go "us". It's the rest of the list...

http://www.whl.ca/article/187-whl-alumn ... his-season

IHEA

Post by IHEA » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:18 pm

Thanks much for the explanation and the clever nickname. I'll pass it around to my friends and see if it sticks. Impressive list.

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:21 pm

Just saw where the Blackhawks just recalled Mac Carruth who played at Portland. He played some youth hockey at Minnstonka.

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:29 pm

Yep Muley that is correct. Here is an article on that. Prior to the IceHogs he was in Portland and before that I think the NAHL.

The Chicago Blackhawks announced Wednesday that the team recalled goaltender Mac Carruth from the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs.

The 22-year-old netminder has spent this season playing with the IceHogs and the ECHL's Toledo Walleye and Florida Everblades. Carruth posted a 2-2-1 record with a 3.36 goals-against average and .880 save percentage in seven games with the IceHogs this year.

He also earned an 8-15 record with one shutout, a 3.36 GAA and a .898 save percentage in 25 appearances with Toledo and a 2-4-1 record with a 3.45 GAA and a .874 save percentage in seven games with Florida.

Carruth was selected by the Blackhawks in the seventh round of the 2010 NHL Draft.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:56 pm

Please tell me you're being paid at least, Compadre.. There's also 30% and rising from college teams filling NHL rosters.

"WHL grads"? No such thing... Aged out?

Spend your time improving the WHL's shady 'education earned program' and then you might win over somebody.

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:43 pm

Shady education plan?!?!? How many of your 30% college boys are holding a diploma when they go pro?? Perhaps they are just taking general 101 courses before they go pro. Shady educational program, indeed!!

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:56 pm

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:Shady education plan?!?!? How many of your 30% college boys are holding a diploma when they go pro?? Perhaps they are just taking general 101 courses before they go pro. Shady educational program, indeed!!
100% more than the WHL guys....

:idea:

!!!!!!!

:lol:

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:30 pm

No way Bo!! The number is exactly the same, none. Which proves our point, the ones that will make it, make it. The difference is you want a shot at buying their barley used Gopher sweater on eBay, but at least they stayed the course..... Community Mites, squirts, peewee, bantam, and all 4 years at the neighborhood. HS then a year in the USHL and 4 yrs at the U..... Business major and now works for Octagon and teaches stick handling at the made!! This super star would never consider playing north of the border, especially at the super dodgey WHL..... That plan would NEVER work !!!

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:00 am

There's a large amount of former college players in the NHL with their degrees..... And many others that will get theirs quickly when their NHL careers are over. How many WHL players in the Chell have their degrees..? The answer is ZERO!

Don't you know that when you're describing that "octagon" guy you're describing the only future of a DUB kid..? Get it now?? That's a biiig foot you have to fit in your mouth.. ](*,) :idea:

Change their education earned program and you'll have a little support around here. :D

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:39 am

This sounds pretty solid...

"Each year, the WHL awards over 400 scholarships to current and graduate players to attend a post secondary institution of their choice in North America."

The WHL recognizes the paramount importance that parents and players place on education. That is why the WHL and Canada West Universities have teamed up to provide - Western Canada's Premiere Hockey Scholarship.

For every season a player plays in the WHL, they receive a full year guaranteed Scholarship, including tuition, textbooks and compulsory fees, to a post-secondary institution of their choice. For example, players graduating from a four-year WHL career are eligible to receive four years of scholarship funding. The WHL Scholarship, combined with additional financial assistance from Universities in Western Canada, makes the WHL - Canada West Universities joint scholarship equivalent to any other offer available in North America today.

Since 1993, Western Hockey League Clubs have provided close to 3,000 Scholarships representing an investment in excess of $9 million, making the WHL the leading provider of hockey scholarships in Western Canada.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:52 am

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:This sounds pretty solid...

"Each year, the WHL awards over 400 scholarships to current and graduate players to attend a post secondary institution of their choice in North America."

The WHL recognizes the paramount importance that parents and players place on education. That is why the WHL and Canada West Universities have teamed up to provide - Western Canada's Premiere Hockey Scholarship.

For every season a player plays in the WHL, they receive a full year guaranteed Scholarship, including tuition, textbooks and compulsory fees, to a post-secondary institution of their choice. For example, players graduating from a four-year WHL career are eligible to receive four years of scholarship funding. The WHL Scholarship, combined with additional financial assistance from Universities in Western Canada, makes the WHL - Canada West Universities joint scholarship equivalent to any other offer available in North America today.

Since 1993, Western Hockey League Clubs have provided close to 3,000 Scholarships representing an investment in excess of $9 million, making the WHL the leading provider of hockey scholarships in Western Canada.
You sway back and forth on the importance of education. :idea:

20% of WHLers earn a college education in their life...!

Get them to change their position on their education earned program and you might get somewhere with folks. That is your goal, right?

Maybe able to earn up to 200g and still hold your education rights..?

They ARE reading this.......

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:13 pm

No sway in importance of education for me. I do question the value of a 4yr degree and the job opportunities in the today's market place. I do not anticipate my boys receiving an academic scholarship and we are of the wrong descendants to count on any government $$. If they are good enough to play a few years in the Western League and then can have school paid for, I am not seeing the same gloomy picture that you are. Also, working at an agency, and teaching hockey sounds like a decent career to me, but may not need the 4yr expense to do that. I don't know who the "they" is you are referring to. But I don't think much more than a handful of Minnesota "experts" spend much time here.

http://youtu.be/ZXjdwAbBa5c

That is imlisteningtothefnsong

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:26 pm

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:No sway in importance of education for me. I do question the value of a 4yr degree and the job opportunities in the today's market place. I do not anticipate my boys receiving an academic scholarship and we are of the wrong descendants to count on any government $$. If they are good enough to play a few years in the Western League and then can have school paid for, I am not seeing the same gloomy picture that you are. Also, working at an agency, and teaching hockey sounds like a decent career to me, but may not need the 4yr expense to do that. I don't know who the "they" is you are referring to. But I don't think much more than a handful of Minnesota "experts" spend much time here.

You explained it all perfectly...

I'm still rooting for ALL the Minnesota kids, wherever they play.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:30 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:No sway in importance of education for me. I do question the value of a 4yr degree and the job opportunities in the today's market place. I do not anticipate my boys receiving an academic scholarship and we are of the wrong descendants to count on any government $$. If they are good enough to play a few years in the Western League and then can have school paid for, I am not seeing the same gloomy picture that you are. Also, working at an agency, and teaching hockey sounds like a decent career to me, but may not need the 4yr expense to do that. I don't know who the "they" is you are referring to. But I don't think much more than a handful of Minnesota "experts" spend much time here.

You explained it all perfectly...

I'm still rooting for ALL the Minnesota kids, wherever they play.
*i'm sure the "octagon guy" is living his dream job after earning good jing in the NHL... Still fully involved in hockey..