Poganski and Iverson

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:13 pm

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:Yes old school. You are correct once again...... The WHL is nothing more than kool-aid. Remember my opinion carries very little weight around here!! Why would it with experts like you telling Iverson to stay at Breck!! Again, this thread is NOT about my boys!! It's about Keegan Iverson scoring 20g's after being turned into a checker!! I hope my kids get turned into checkers just like that!!
I remembered your kid was playing for Omaha so I didn't understand the WHL stuff.... Now I do.... It was just a curiosity question.... Now I understand your interest.. You lumping me into being against you is unwarranted.... I thought we already had that figured out between us..?

I had simply gave you my opinion that they will put Keegan under the microscope there and could get lost in the shuffle..would be the most talked about player in Mn right now... Go to point guy... Leader.. Etc. I agree that there are some great things about the WHL if you don't get stuck in the shadows...

If possible, I'd still have a bet with you that his draft stock would be higher if he had stayed.... Please don't get mad at me.. Now

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:09 pm

Honestly Bo, I am not emotionally attached to any of it. Contrary to recent comments about my saying U16 is the holy land. Not true, I said they are playing on a top U16 team. It was our best (only) option after the roof blew our last team. I really put my heart and soul into that program and wanted it to work and it did for 2 yrs. I just did not see behind the curtain. I agree with all the posters on the forum about the fears and risks associated with the WHL. It can be the last level for many players. For my boys, I don't know if they will be good enough to play there, but if they do, they can come home and then pay their own way to Minneapolis' Yale (dunwoody) and I can drive something newer than a 98'. So no hard feelings for you sir, or you either oldskoolpuckster !! (I reread most of my posts and did not see anything that should cause stomach issues!!).
But, I would take that bet!!!!! You may change your mind if you could see some games!!!

😎😎

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Mon May 12, 2014 8:30 am

Iverson scores in OT to force a game 7 match tonight in PDX for the Western League Championship. I am just guessing, but I'd bet that he is not missing single A hockey at this moment. 8)

northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Thu May 15, 2014 10:51 am

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:Iverson scores in OT to force a game 7 match tonight in PDX for the Western League Championship. I am just guessing, but I'd bet that he is not missing single A hockey at this moment. 8)
:D :D :D No , would bet he is not!

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Thu May 15, 2014 3:46 pm

Not only that Northwoods, Keegan Iverson has been invited to the 2014 NHL Scouting Combine which will be held in Toronto from May 26-31. A total of 119 draft eligible players for the 2014 NHL Draft from North America and Europe have been invited. Looks like he is doing just fine out there.