GOPHERS 2014-2015

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Bonin2121

Post by Bonin2121 »

Your inside source already said the only one they were waiting on was Reilly. That was wrong. Rau is supposedly the only one now. I trust Hammy way more than your already incorrect inside source.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

And my sources have already told me rau will be returning. Fasching also plans on sticking around.

Does Wilcox become a free agent if he doesn't sign? I have heard from my sources that he might want to take that route.

But you believe anything you want...
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

Tigers33 wrote:And my sources have already told me rau will be returning. Fasching also plans on sticking around.

Does Wilcox become a free agent if he doesn't sign? I have heard from my sources that he might want to take that route.

I believe you're right about Wilcox.

If he plays another year, he becomes a free agent. Wouldn't even need a new address for his pro-team ... just sayin'.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

I have heard that is playing into his decision to stay.
Bonin2121

Post by Bonin2121 »

Rau could do the same thing. It just doesn't happen often with graduating seniors.
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

DrGaf wrote:
Tigers33 wrote:And my sources have already told me rau will be returning. Fasching also plans on sticking around.

I believe you're right about Wilcox.

If he plays another year, he becomes a free agent. Wouldn't even need a new address for his pro-team ... just sayin'.
Love that idea... :!:

:D
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

Wilcox doesn't technically become a free agent just because he doesn't sign this off-season. He remains Tampa's property as long as he stays in school. What he can do is what Justin Schultz did a few years back. He can withdraw from school next spring and that gives TB a short window to sign him (until June 1st). If they don't sign him before that, he will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1st.

Despite what the other poster says above, I can tell you that Rau is definitely still debating leaving. I was told this at the exact same time I was told Reilly was returning (which was the day before it was officially announced). And if you don't believe me, Lou Nanne was essentially saying the same thing on Rau on KFAN the same day the Reilly news came out.

Now... that's not saying Rau won't come back. It is simply saying it is not correct that Reilly was the last one debating leaving. Rau is still seriously debating his choice.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

I thought in the new NHL CBA they eliminated the process Justin Schultz used to become a free agent? Not 100% sure, but I know it was talked about.
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

mulefarm wrote:I thought in the new NHL CBA they eliminated the process Justin Schultz used to become a free agent? Not 100% sure, but I know it was talked about.
Talked about but it was never changed. It is still the same now as when Schultz did his thing.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Sounds like my inside sources were correct. This is old news to me but rau confirmed he is coming back. Even though he told people close to the team before heading off to Europe.
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

There is a reason the school put out a press release on it today. Because the decision wasn't fully made and the staff/players did not know. If he had made up his mind long ago, they would have put out an immediate release on it just like they did for Reilly and Skjei.

As I stated all along, he wasn't going to make any decision until prospect camp. Which is exactly what happened.

Nice try Tigers. :lol:
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Don't be upset you weren't the first one to know. It's ok buddy...:)
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Let me ask ya this...is he studying abroad with Wilcox in Europe right now? Or was in June? If so how many people knew that part :)
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

Tigers33 wrote:Let me ask ya this...is he studying abroad with Wilcox in Europe right now? Or was in June? If so how many people knew that part :)
Umm... considering they were putting pictures online of such things when he was over there, I am pretty sure it was not exactly a secret to even the average fan. lol

You do realize that Rau has been in Florida all week at their prospect camp, right? :?:
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Let's just get behind the team, which on paper could be the most talented we've had in some time...can't wait!!!
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Can we pay Marshall to leave the team?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Guertler to the OHL? What happened there?
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

Sats81 wrote:Guertler to the OHL? What happened there?
He was dismissed from the team last week. OHL was his fallback.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Gopher Blog wrote:
Not sure what his issues were, but wasn't he suspended for the first half of the season last year?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
Gopher Blog wrote:
Not sure what his issues were, but wasn't he suspended for the first half of the season last year?
Yeah, DUI on moped I believe?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Too bad for Guertler and Gophers in my opinion. He was a nice role player down the stretch for them last year and I think he would have grown into a player that would have chipped in 20+ pts/year. He produced well in the USHL which doesn't always translate to college, however he brought more to the table than that anyway. Best of luck to him in the future.
observer

Post by observer »

It will be interesting to watch how he fares in the O. An interesting player comparison for us.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

observer wrote:It will be interesting to watch how he fares in the O. An interesting player comparison for us.
I've always wondered how the Gophers would fare against the better OHL teams. It would be fun to see the Gophers schedule one of them in a pre-season exhibition, instead of the usual British Columbia/Calgary/Manitoba college teams (I'm not sure if such a game vs. a major junior team would even be possible - probably not - but years ago the Gophers used to play exhibitions against the North Stars!).

But I do agree that it will be interesting to see how a 3rd/4th line Gopher forward will fare after "graduating" to the OHL. :wink:
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Tickets came in the mail yesterday. Only a few short weeks until the season begins....

Looking forward to a return trip to the final four.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

BodyShots wrote:Tickets came in the mail yesterday. Only a few short weeks until the season begins....
I'll look for mine in the mailbox tomorrow! 8) Also sprung for the parking pass this season!
BodyShots wrote:Looking forward to a return trip to the final four.
A long road to the FF, but this team definitely has the ability to get there.