Hockey Statistician & Ideas Challenge

Hockeybrain

Hockey Statistician & Ideas Challenge

Post by Hockeybrain » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:54 pm

I was just thinking of a system to help compare individual player statistics, something along the lines that PageStat2 and others have used to compare teams. Many factors come in to play, including the level of the competition and the level of talent on one's team. <br><br><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">What are the other significant factors?</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--><br><br><br>Has anyone attempted something like this?<br><br>A primitive conception is something like the following:<br><br>Rating= Pts X B X C<br><br>where<br><br>Pts= total points scored in games by a player<br>B = % of total team points (that is G+A/ total G+A)<br>C = average Pagestat2 (or other) rating of the competition<br><br>B - would reduce one's rating if their whole team was really strong<br>C - would reduce the rating of players who play weak competition<br><br>Obviously other adjustments would need to be made. If no one has tried this I think it would be a great thing to do. I think it would be more interesting than the actual goals and assists. This could also be done for goalies. <br><br>I hope someone will take up this challenge. Send ideas to this thread. <p></p><i></i>

Unknown

Unknown

Post by Unknown » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:06 pm

(This post is missing and can not be restored) <p></p><i></i>