Who's Not Returning 2014-2015

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

DumpandChase1

Post by DumpandChase1 »

karl(east) wrote:Word is Zuhlsdorf will not be returning to Edina. Any report on Bellows?
Both Zuhlsdorf and Bellows are staying in the USHL.
green4

Post by green4 »

DumpandChase1 wrote:
karl(east) wrote:Word is Zuhlsdorf will not be returning to Edina. Any report on Bellows?
Kind of a bummer. Definitely hurts the hornets chances, but they still have a lot of talent left on that roster.
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

green4 wrote:
DumpandChase1 wrote:
Kind of a bummer. Definitely hurts the hornets chances, but they still have a lot of talent left on that roster.
Good news for some of the kids on the JV! :wink:
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

After hearing this news, I just heard a couple of Duluth students are driving down to attend classes in Edina tomorrow. :lol:
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

DumpandChase1 wrote:
Wow. Big losses. Really thought Bellows would come back.
LivinDaDream

Post by LivinDaDream »

Grand meadow - who us fapaul that has left century?
peterthepuck

Post by peterthepuck »

Sats81 wrote:
DumpandChase1 wrote:
They will not miss a beat and probably will be a better team, especially passing to more teammates. Don't kid yourself, there is no love loss here stats81
blueblood

Edina

Post by blueblood »

Confirmed by @YouthHockeyHub - Bellows to stay in Sioux Falls.
oldschoolpuckster

Post by oldschoolpuckster »

peterthepuck wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
DumpandChase1 wrote: Both Zuhlsdorf and Bellows are staying in the USHL.
They will not miss a beat and probably will be a better team, especially passing to more teammates. Don't kid yourself, there is no love loss here stats81
Spoken like a true JV parent...you are delusional. Bellows (like him or his family or not) is a world class player and a HUGE loss. Zuhlsdorf as well. Lucky for Edina, they are deep with talent. Best of luck to both kids!
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

oldschoolpuckster wrote: Spoken like a true JV parent...you are delusional. Bellows (like him or his family or not) is a world class player and a HUGE loss. Zuhlsdorf as well. Lucky for Edina, they are deep with talent. Best of luck to both kids!
Sometimes you're better off without even the best "world class" players - parents complaining, kid complaining. It gets exhausting for the coach. I'm guessing Giles won't miss 'em.
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

Bluewhitefan wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote: Spoken like a true JV parent...you are delusional. Bellows (like him or his family or not) is a world class player and a HUGE loss. Zuhlsdorf as well. Lucky for Edina, they are deep with talent. Best of luck to both kids!
Sometimes you're better off without even the best "world class" players - parents complaining, kid complaining. It gets exhausting for the coach. I'm guessing Giles won't miss 'em.
Giles won't have to spend as much time working on the PK either. :wink:
oldschoolpuckster

Bluewhitefan wrote:
Statements like this are why the best kids (and parents) are running away from MN HS hockey!! Sickening.....
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

oldschoolpuckster wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote:
Statements like this are why the best kids (and parents) are running away from MN HS hockey!! Sickening.....

"And yes, dissenting opinions need to go away".........

- oldschoolpuckster
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

oldschoolpuckster wrote:
So, you're saying that there's no possibility that coaches (especially good coaches) would rather have a team of kids that want to be there and whose parents support the program rather than complain about every decision they make? I guess we're in disagreement as to what defines "best kids," "best parents," and "Sickening." Clearly I'm not Old School enough.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

Bluewhitefan wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:
So, you're saying that there's no possibility that coaches (especially good coaches) would rather have a team of kids that want to be there and whose parents support the program rather than complain about every decision they make? I guess we're in disagreement as to what defines "best kids," "best parents," and "Sickening." Clearly I'm not Old School enough.
I assume Oldpuck's idea of best parents are those who throw epic temper tantrums when their world class first year squirt child doesn't make the Squirt A team.
peterthepuck

Post by peterthepuck »

oldschoolpuckster wrote:
peterthepuck wrote:
Sats81 wrote: Wow. Big losses. Really thought Bellows would come back.
Spoken like a true JV parent...you are delusional. Bellows (like him or his family or not) is a world class player and a HUGE loss. Zuhlsdorf as well. Lucky for Edina, they are deep with talent. Best of luck to both kids!
Spoken like a true poster - oldschoolpuckster....... Last time I remember and this would have been really old school, there was no I in TEAM. They will not miss a beat, maybe on the Dman. Edina learned their lesson when they played basically one line - Budish, Everson, Lee and they still lost... One line does not make a TEAM. I predict they will either win the HS Championship or be in the finals and will have a much better TEAM now, no drop off in talent, Giles will just reload.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Hold on there a second Pete, I completely agree that its possible to be a better TEAM without a couple players but the statement "no drop off in talent" is way over the top. I think we can safely assume the Hornets have not been hiding blue chip UM and BU recruits on their JV. Like them or not these two kids are very highly regarded recruits and to think there would be ZERO drop off in talent hurts your credibility.
The Hornets are still my pick to win it and no doubt will still be the deepest team in the state but if these kids stuck around they would be in the lineup and 2 others would not.

A team is often greater than the some of its parts and I think this is your point but its simply nonsense that the overall talent will not be reduced to some degree.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

peterthepuck wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:
peterthepuck wrote: They will not miss a beat and probably will be a better team, especially passing to more teammates. Don't kid yourself, there is no love loss here stats81
Spoken like a true poster - oldschoolpuckster....... Last time I remember and this would have been really old school, there was no I in TEAM. They will not miss a beat, maybe on the Dman. Edina learned their lesson when they played basically one line - Budish, Everson, Lee and they still lost... One line does not make a TEAM. I predict they will either win the HS Championship or be in the finals and will have a much better TEAM now, no drop off in talent, Giles will just reload.
There are 3 I's in "highlight film"
Last edited by WarmUpTheBus on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldschoolpuckster

puckbreath wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote: Sometimes you're better off without even the best "world class" players - parents complaining, kid complaining. It gets exhausting for the coach. I'm guessing Giles won't miss 'em.

- oldschoolpuckster
Dissenting??? Go away??? I love the fact that you think your opinion "must" be how the majority of people think....too funny.

The best players will play where the best players are. The USHL is it. The NAHL and the BCHL are catching up in a hurry! Not to mention TIER 1 opportunities. Over the next 5-10 years there will be 75-100+ kids leaving HS early every year to play at the higher levels and the MSHSL will just be a stepping stone for kids until they are 16/17 yrs old.
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

oldschoolpuckster wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote: Statements like this are why the best kids (and parents) are running away from MN HS hockey!! Sickening.....

- oldschoolpuckster
Dissenting??? Go away??? I love the fact that you think your opinion "must" be how the majority of people think....too funny.

The best players will play where the best players are. The USHL is it. The NAHL and the BCHL are catching up in a hurry! Not to mention TIER 1 opportunities. Over the next 5-10 years there will be 75-100+ kids leaving HS early every year to play at the higher levels and the MSHSL will just be a stepping stone for kids until they are 16/17 yrs old.
Ok - now I get it. They leave because they're after better competition. I thought it was because of "sickening" statements like mine. Good to know they have thicker skin than that.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

oldschoolpuckster wrote:
puckbreath wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote: Statements like this are why the best kids (and parents) are running away from MN HS hockey!! Sickening.....

- oldschoolpuckster

I think just the opposite will happen. Right now fad is to move beyond high school hockey in pursuit of college and eventually pro careers. I think in 5-10 years kids will start hearing about all the kids who regret having missed out on the high school experience in pursuit of their parents' ill conceived plans and unfulfilled dreams.
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

oldschoolpuckster wrote:
puckbreath wrote:

- oldschoolpuckster

Ummm..........you do realize that YOU, not me, made this statement..................right ?

Too funny............
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Per request, I have split the discussion about the Edina situation and created a new topic. This thread had been tainted with issues having nothing to do with what the purpose of the thread was.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

Anyone know what happened to Calvin Pugh who played for Edina last season? Don't see him on Varsity, JV or JG rosters. Did he move or go Junior?
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

C-dad wrote:Anyone know what happened to Calvin Pugh who played for Edina last season? Don't see him on Varsity, JV or JG rosters. Did he move or go Junior?
He is out for this season, and maybe for good. Suffered a concussion in the fall and I think also had one last year.