BIG HOLIDAY TOURNAMENT #2 Class A vs #2 Class AA

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Larry Blackstone

BIG HOLIDAY TOURNAMENT #2 Class A vs #2 Class AA

Post by Larry Blackstone »

My Pick, biggest game of the Holiday Tournaments!

Class A #2 ranked Team vs Class AA #2 ranked team = KRACH

Maple Grove: Explosive come from behind victory over a Stillwater team that never gave up.

VS

Breck: OT Victory Shootout, come from behind tied game up by mere inches & determination in regulation late in game over a ready to play skillful Lakeville South - that's 2 in row for Brk vs LVS.

Championship 6pm Braemar
panpan111

Post by panpan111 »

South is a great team that seems to lack goaltending. According to shots it looks like South dominated both games but lost. Shots last night were 61-30??? At least North struggles offensively so South should be able to win their Section this year.
Larry Blackstone

Post by Larry Blackstone »

panpan111 wrote:South is a great team that seems to lack goaltending. According to shots it looks like South dominated both games but lost. Shots last night were 61-30??? At least North struggles offensively so South should be able to win their Section this year.
Lakeville South Goalie played a solid game, took good angles, came out of net when needed, just 2 goals on 30 shots plenty of nice saves!
Tenoverpar

qq

Post by Tenoverpar »

How about a shout out to Scobee for 59 saves last night to carry Breck to the final...she's the MVP of this tournament so far..
MNHockeyFan

Re: qq

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Tenoverpar wrote:How about a shout out to Scobee for 59 saves last night to carry Breck to the final...she's the MVP of this tournament so far..
59 plus however she made in the shootout for her team to advance. I hope she didn't use up all of her energy because she'll likely have another very busy day in goal today.
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

Breck and Blake should be class AA. Both teams are top ten if they are AA. I know both teams send kids to great college programs every year but at the end of the day these teams play class A to win a state championship. Breck and Blake have no business playing class A hockey anymore! Kick some butt tonight Breck :lol:
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

Congrats to Maple Grove & Breck.

I think that it is possible that both of these teams may...MAY not be in the championship game if Edina had Bowlby at D (away at U18 National training prior to the U18 World Championships next week) and Hopkins had Bizal (same reason she was not in the game vs Breck).

I think that the 6-0 victory Breck had vs Hopkins is the game that most likely would still have the same outcome (a Breck victory) but Bizal is a game changer player both offensively and defensively. Hopkins is a 2 line team and the drop from D1 to D5 is VERY significant.

The drop from D1 to D5 or D7 probably is not as much of a difference on Edina as Hopkins as the Hornets are a very deep team (program). Bowlby is a great, young D that will just get better the next couple of years.

It is something that several of the teams in the state have to deal with each year with 7 teams missing a player this winter for 2+ weeks.

http://www.usawomenshockey.com/page/sho ... er-18-team

I predict a 4-1 Maple Grove victory. Congrats to whomever wins!
sinbin

Post by sinbin »

Minnetonka also traditionally loses players each year during the holidays. Again, they care more about the final 6 games of the year, and it also allows for some line experimentation and other players to obtain some valuable experience.