Get Well Soon Lee!

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mitch Hawker
Site Admin

Get Well Soon Lee!

Post by Mitch Hawker » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:33 pm

Many of you may have noticed that long-time forum admin Lee Pagenkopf (EastHockey) has been scarce on the board for the past several weeks. He has been battling an illness and was hospitalized for a time.

I am happy to report that he is on the mend, but it may be some time before he is 100% and able to contribute here and on his minnhock.com site to his usual extent.

I just wanted to, with Lee's permission, pass that good news on to all of you and encourage anyone who wants to send Lee an encouraging word to do so here.

Get Well Soon Lee, you are missed on the board!

Mitch

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:50 pm

Get well, Lee!
:D

TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:22 pm

Hope all is well Lee.
Hope to "read" you soon again on this bored.
Regards
TTPuckster :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
What is a Green Wave anyway?

hipcheck

be healthy

Post by hipcheck » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:47 pm

Nothing better than good health. Hope a healthy 2015 for you, Lee

RRubberbeeskit

Re: be healthy

Post by RRubberbeeskit » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:26 pm

hipcheck wrote:Nothing better than good health. Hope a healthy 2015 for you, Lee
Wishing you the best of health and a speedy recovery Lee here from Otter Country.

goldy313

Post by goldy313 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:42 pm

I did notice Lee's postings were pretty sparse this season, his insight and one liners were missed (along with his unbiased PageStat rankings as opposed to....... :D )

Hope things are getting better Lee, you're missed here.

ShakestheClown

Post by ShakestheClown » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:34 pm

Get well!

Ram Hockey

Post by Ram Hockey » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:37 am

Get well soon, Lee!!

boblee

Post by boblee » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:58 am

Get well, Lee.

-bobber

northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:31 pm

Get well soon Lee.

SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:26 pm

Anxious to see ya back . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . but don't rush it - shake that bug first !

TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:41 am

Get better soon! Time to trade that bug for section tourney fever!
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine

Mohawk1972

Post by Mohawk1972 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Get well soon Lee.

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:56 pm

Thanks for the well wishes, guys.

I had a nasty bout of acute pancreatitis and spent three weeks in the hospital. Home now, getting strength back, trying to gain back some of the 30+ pounds I lost. Hopefully I'll be good to go before the playoffs--would be fun to hook up with Karl and maybe a few of you Rapids faithful for semifinal Saturday at the Amsoil.

minnhock.com is done for the season. It's all redundant info anyway (other than PageStat) and I have too much other stuff to attend to in the coming weeks. Will make a decision on the future of that site during the off-season. This "labor of love" is just too much labor right now.

Good luck to everyone's favorite team as we get into the fun part of the season!

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:41 pm

east hockey wrote:Thanks for the well wishes, guys.

I had a nasty bout of acute pancreatitis and spent three weeks in the hospital. Home now, getting strength back, trying to gain back some of the 30+ pounds I lost. Hopefully I'll be good to go before the playoffs--would be fun to hook up with Karl and maybe a few of you Rapids faithful for semifinal Saturday at the Amsoil.

minnhock.com is done for the season. It's all redundant info anyway (other than PageStat) and I have too much other stuff to attend to in the coming weeks. Will make a decision on the future of that site during the off-season. This "labor of love" is just too much labor right now.

Good luck to everyone's favorite team as we get into the fun part of the season!

Lee
Good to hear from you, Lee! I was already thinking about heading north for the weekend for Semifinal Saturday, so I'll make sure that happens now.

GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:47 am

Lee, great to hear from you and I hope for a speedy recovery. The entertainment that lies ahead in section 7AA the next month will hopefully aid in your recovery. Thanks for all that you do for Minnesota Hockey. GB

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:59 am

Lee
When did they start putting the pancreas organ in cyborgs????

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:12 am

elliott70 wrote:

Lee
In the latest version--Admin 2.01

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

grandmeadowhockeyfan

Post by grandmeadowhockeyfan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:29 am

Relative newcomer but don't let this site die!!!

Just my two cents worth. It's not the scores that being me to this site two of three times a day. I come to this site to get observations on teams that I don't get to see. Some too far away, some just dont fit in schedule of life, others are on days where I already picked a different game. Teams way up north like Warroad, bemidji, Roseau, morhead. Teams way too Far East or too far west. These are things that you will not find anywhere else.

The second thing that brings me to this site is hockey talk about team a of team b better. That ranking by everyday folks is great reading.

Third thing the administrators do a great job of keeping it clean. Keeping it relevant, and giving freedom to tell ones story. That is what this site has that there is nowhere else!!!!!

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:34 am

east hockey wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

Lee
In the latest version--Admin 2.01

Lee
:lol:

CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:34 pm

Glad to hear you're on the mend, Lee. Get well soon.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey

Just Checking

Post by Just Checking » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:43 pm

grandmeadowhockeyfan wrote:Relative newcomer but don't let this site die!!!

Just my two cents worth. It's not the scores that being me to this site two of three times a day. I come to this site to get observations on teams that I don't get to see. Some too far away, some just dont fit in schedule of life, others are on days where I already picked a different game. Teams way up north like Warroad, bemidji, Roseau, morhead. Teams way too Far East or too far west. These are things that you will not find anywhere else.

The second thing that brings me to this site is hockey talk about team a of team b better. That ranking by everyday folks is great reading.

Third thing the administrators do a great job of keeping it clean. Keeping it relevant, and giving freedom to tell ones story. That is what this site has that there is nowhere else!!!!!
Lee Glad your on the mend. Never met you but you must be alright if you can get along with Eliott.

The Cyborg comment made me realize that the your pancrectosisis and the site crashing were connected. It wasn't Chinese hackers. It was the power drain from your reserve battery fighting the pancrecotosis.

I did not get to vote on GMHF poll question. I vote to shut it down. I have never been more productive than when this site crashed for 3-4 days. :lol: Plus then Lee will heal quicker.