Post Season Predictions!!

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

RailingWizardofOZ

Post by RailingWizardofOZ » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:51 pm

royals dad wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote: Football changes were more based on scheduling issues for the regular season, sections were unchanged.
I think if you looked at 6 last year Armstrong would have been a top seed in all but 2 sections, as one of the bottom teams in 6 they have arguably the most difficult road to the X year in and year out. Frankly they were better last year than a number of teams that made it to state.
If State was structured where its intention was to send the best 8 teams in the State to the tournament then I would ultimately agree the system is “broken”. (I am not currently sold on either points of view, as I see both sides) The current process, as noted and announced, is the winning team that is representing their section.

If there is any future success of re-seeding the teams at the section finals, a team like the 2013/2014 Armstrong –Cooper would still have to climb from the bottom to make it that far. By looking at their site from last year I see they lost to Minnetonka 2-6. Would their opening game need to be against a weaker team from a different section to avoid a similar situation? The only team listed that they played that season which also competed in the State tournament was Andover, and those 2 games are shown as a 3-3 tie and a 1-3 loss. Which other teams were you referencing?

36Guy

Post by 36Guy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:09 pm

RailingWizardofOZ wrote:
royals dad wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote: Football changes were more based on scheduling issues for the regular season, sections were unchanged.
I think if you looked at 6 last year Armstrong would have been a top seed in all but 2 sections, as one of the bottom teams in 6 they have arguably the most difficult road to the X year in and year out. Frankly they were better last year than a number of teams that made it to state.
If State was structured where its intention was to send the best 8 teams in the State to the tournament then I would ultimately agree the system is “broken”. (I am not currently sold on either points of view, as I see both sides) The current process, as noted and announced, is the winning team that is representing their section.

If there is any future success of re-seeding the teams at the section finals, a team like the 2013/2014 Armstrong –Cooper would still have to climb from the bottom to make it that far. By looking at their site from last year I see they lost to Minnetonka 2-6. Would their opening game need to be against a weaker team from a different section to avoid a similar situation? The only team listed that they played that season which also competed in the State tournament was Andover, and those 2 games are shown as a 3-3 tie and a 1-3 loss. Which other teams were you referencing?
I used to feel super strongly about this subject and have ending up on both sides the fence after sections. I am leaning more to the middle of the argument now. Their are great arguments for both sides.

I know Tonka beat every team in the AA state tournament last except one including the AA and A champs and did not get in. Deep sections leave less room for errors.

I just wish all of the AA games were great and unpredictable like the boys side instead of just the semi's and finals.

Makes for great gas on the fire every year and I will await pepperpots view and distain for section 6 and a bunch of emoticons of violins.

alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:34 pm

royals dad wrote:
Actually this is not correct football sections were changed 3 years ago (regular season conference changes begin next year), they now reseed the section finals, multiple teams from the same section can now make state. Drove across town to Lakeville to cheer for the Royals trying to make state football last year, didn't end well but they made the final at least. I believe it was actually a push from coaches at the lower end of the more powerful sections that made it happen. Teams like Hopkins that every year would have to upset 2 top 5 teams like Tonka and Wayzata (yes football powers have now shifted south) just to make state. I think if you looked at 6 last year Armstrong would have been a top seed in all but 2 sections, as one of the bottom teams in 6 they have arguably the most difficult road to the X year in and year out. Frankly they were better last year than a number of teams that made it to state.
Football added a 6th class R-Dad, they play crossover games after the first round of sections for the big schools. Section scheduling was pushed by the Lake Conf. Also because they had a hard time filling the schedule with Mn teams.

royals dad

Post by royals dad » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:46 pm

RailingWizardofOZ wrote:
royals dad wrote:

They may have been a bad example, I just remember watching that game last year, it was 2 to 2 mid 2 and we were talking about the road they had. If they beat 3rd ranked Tonka they would get 2nd ranked BSM, if they got by them they would get either 1st or 4th in Hopkins and Wayzata. That isnt section rankings it was state rankings. Meanwhile there were sections that barley had a top 20 team. Granted BSM beat Tonka then beat Wayzata to earn a trip to state, section 6 had a champion and a good one. I dont remember all the scores but all the section semis and final games were good and Wayzata vs BSM at ridder had a great atmosphere.

wolfman

Post by wolfman » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:36 pm

Section 6 has the best coaches. Best players. And by far the best parents. I think all the teams should go to state. Armstrong is so much better then most teams in other sections. Did you parents get the lawyer and show up at the MSHSL meeting yet?

royals dad

Post by royals dad » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:02 pm

wolfman wrote:Section 6 has the best coaches. Best players. And by far the best parents. I think all the teams should go to state. Armstrong is so much better then most teams in other sections. Did you parents get the lawyer and show up at the MSHSL meeting yet?
now there is an intelligent rebuttal, are you looking to add humor or just be a miserable troll and see if people bite? The wolfpack thing got old after about 2 posts so I think the humor ship has sailed. Why is it small minded bitter people just keep rolling out the same old garbage, "Jane you ignorant slut" at least Dan Akroid made it funny, you just come off as a noob.

36Guy

Post by 36Guy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:03 pm

wolfman wrote:Section 6 has the best coaches. Best players. And by far the best parents. I think all the teams should go to state. Armstrong is so much better then most teams in other sections. Did you parents get the lawyer and show up at the MSHSL meeting yet?
Wow..I thought my blog predictable and being a homer!!! I least I contributed to the topic and provided some stats...Yours predictable, lame, and short sided.

Did you just cut and paste one of your last posts...go away!

I will throw myself under the bus again, because when I chirped peperpot in my last post actually knew you would be the first clown to chime in but was too lazy to hit backspace. Hopefully I am just in clown in training because you are definitely the jedi master! Go Elks!

MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:11 pm

wolfman wrote:Section 6 has the best coaches. Best players. And by far the best parents. The Wolfman thinks all the teams should go to state. Armstrong is so much better then most teams in other sections. The Wolfman wants to know if you parents got the lawyer and showed up at the MSHSL meeting yet?
I fixed that for you, Wolfman. Don't let your sarcasm get in front of your narcissism. Keep up the good work, the Bowhunter loves your insight, if only for the derision it causes.

Edit: I thought I'd add my two cents to the discussion. Evening out sections for the purpose of making them more competitive is OK every few years in my opinion. Especially when we see 10-0 games in the A tourney. I would love to see all Privates forced into AA and the same section.

Misterright

Post by Misterright » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:29 pm

I agree with MN_B, all privates should be class AA and all in the same section.

Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:38 pm

Misterright wrote:I agree with MN_B, all privates should be class AA and all in the same section.
Never happen. Instead of whining about private schools, why not just beat them.

wolfman

Post by wolfman » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:08 pm

My guy on the inside tells me as soon as Breck and Blake move to AA they will be put in section 6. :lol:

MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:15 pm

Sparlimb wrote: Instead of whining about private schools, why not just beat them.
I never thought of that, thank you for the sage advice Sparfucius.

36Guy

Post by 36Guy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:31 pm

wolfman wrote:My guy on the inside tells me as soon as Breck and Blake move to AA they will be put in section 6. :lol:
Thank god!!! Who want's to run into Elk River in the next couple years! Gives the rest of a chance!

alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:32 pm

royals dad wrote:
now there is an intelligent rebuttal, are you looking to add humor or just be a miserable troll and see if people bite? The wolfpack thing got old after about 2 posts so I think the humor ship has sailed. Why is it small minded bitter people just keep rolling out the same old garbage, "Jane you ignorant slut" at least Dan Akroid made it funny, you just come off as a noob.
Noob? Being old school I started with the Websters dictionary, no luck. Then googled it and to my delight it was there. Learned a new word today. As Casey Stengal would say, "you could look it up"

36Guy

Post by 36Guy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:53 am

alcloseshaver wrote:
royals dad wrote:
Noob? Being old school I started with the Websters dictionary, no luck. Then googled it and to my delight it was there. Learned a new word today. As Casey Stengal would say, "you could look it up"
Definition: Neverending-Overbearing-Obscene-Boob...NOOB!
Examle of Noob: Everyone in Section 6 is arrogant, I hope section 6 teams die in a car crash on the way to the rink, only teams ranked #15-#50 should make it to state, I can't figure out why I'm always bitter, other teams are lucky and have bad coaching..our team is hard working and under appreciated and what's wrong with dating my sister? (Disclaimer..just having fun..no harm intended) Peace!

pepperpot

Post by pepperpot » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:18 am

If your sister looks like you 36 there is lots wrong with it. no harm intended. just having "fun".

36Guy

Post by 36Guy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:40 am

pepperpot wrote:If your sister looks like you 36 there is lots wrong with it. no harm intended. just having "fun".
Agreed, I wouldn't wish that on anyone! Playoff time, good luck to your Lumberjacks, we could use some new blood down at the Xcel.

wolfman

Post by wolfman » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:29 am

The Wolfman is a noob from ER. The Wolfman can live with that. The Wolfman loves to poke section 6/ Lake conf dads and prob wont stop. I do not want any girls getting into car accidents though. Howl for the Wolfman.

Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:13 pm

36Guy wrote:
wolfman wrote:My guy on the inside tells me as soon as Breck and Blake move to AA they will be put in section 6. :lol:
Thank god!!! Who want's to run into Elk River in the next couple years! Gives the rest of a chance!
[-o< :D

panpan111

Post by panpan111 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:40 am

Section 6
1.Tonka
2. Puckydaddy99 & his Crimson
3. Wayzata
4. Hopkins

puckdaddy99

Post by puckdaddy99 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:55 pm

panpan111 wrote:Section 6
1.Tonka
3. Wayzata
4. Hopkins

Thank you panpan for the much overdue recognition.
Roll Tide Roll :lol: :lol: :lol:

puckdaddy99

Post by puckdaddy99 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:03 pm

puckdaddy99 wrote:
panpan111 wrote:Section 6
1.Tonka
3. Wayzata
4. Hopkins

Thank you panpan for the much overdue recognition.
Roll Tide Roll :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you think when the brackets come out we could get the powers to list the section names like you did :)
I love the smell of napalm at the rink, smells like Victory :)