HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Private School (Parochial) History
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Best of MN HS Hockey Forum Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BELOW 0 ZERO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: oh for cheese sakes..... Reply with quote

Back in my day...Crookston had the nicest "barrell" in the section .. and KROX ran the dern seedings. They kept all de stats and sent out the weekly garbage that was always posted in our room. About 15 years later i went to the same Crookston rink.... Nothing had changed, 'cept the barrell is gettin' rusty. The only thing left kickin in that town is the fans of hockey. I believe I read, and v-scout could confirm, that the original "indoor" rink was an old WW II barracks. Whats important is that 'HIZ' excellency is catholic ...and supports the idea of a private school tourny. :lol

hockeydad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: goalie saves Reply with quote

I know a guy whose son used to play basketball with my non-hockey playing son. (at least one of my kids doesn't clean out the checkbook come winter sports season). He says he played goalie for DeLaSalle, (late 60s, early 70s) and had a private school tourney record for saves in a game, something like 60 or so. Can anyone give me details.

bluesbuddy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: yewz bedda bee-leebe dat zorro!! Reply with quote

dat'z wright zorro ----- yewz bedda mudda, fudda, sista, brudda bee-leebe dat!!

:smokin

BELOW 0 ZERO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: tanks boozieeee! Reply with quote

I thought I made somethin right.... Now go boop to your bootsie....:lol

slapshooter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: The 'Best Of' or what?...........by SS Reply with quote

This thread better be inducted into the 'Best Of' Forum because if I die the history of the Minnesota Catholic High School State Hockey Tournament later named the Minnesota Independent State High School Hockey Tournament will die with me and that could be any day now but don't get your hopes up! :evil

L8o 0] E, SL8o PSH8o 8o TER.

(...a legend in his 8o wn mind...)

slapshooter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: A lot of work went into this thread.....by SS Reply with quote

Catch my drift?

S8o S

packerboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: The Archives Reply with quote

You arent going to die.

For sure not before a certain Catholic School proves your widley accepted and well recieved thesis regarding "The Superiority of the Catholic High School Hockey Player"

Catch my drift?

slapshooter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Precisely...........................by SS Reply with quote

Precisely ! ;)

S:evil S

slapshooter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Hey Elliot....by SS Reply with quote

Hey Elliott!

Isn't Trachsels kid playing for Duluth East?

S8o S

falcons30

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Elliot....by SS Reply with quote

Yes Trashel is with DE. He also played on the Elite League with Team North.

What I was really thinking (danger!) is with all this history and insight you (sl8o psh8o 8o ter) have into the Catholic/Independent school league and tournaments, this should be put into a more formal, if you will, format. A website dedicated to this league would make it a more perminent fixture in the hockey community. Not to volunteer anyone but Lee, your expertise in setting up and maintaning a website could be a start. It would be a shame to have all this history fade away. The more I think about it, one could put together a site dedicated to the history Minnesota High School Hockey. The Catholic/Independant league would be a part of this. Lee you've started this, sort of, but it could be much more with photos, video clips and stories, such as the ones slapshooter shares. Just a thought guys.:D

slapshooter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Not a lot of "historians" in these waters...by SS Reply with quote

I don't know about a whole seperate website dedicated

to it.

That's one of the things I thought this forum was good

for but obviously there are not a lot of "historians" in

these waters from the Independent/Catholic schools or

otherwise.

And I'm not going back to the attic to dig this info up

again at the end of this season.

A lot of kids these days think that the American

Revolution happened in the '60's ! :smokin

I'm startin' to wonder myself....:

S8o S

elliott70

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Keeping this at the TOP. Reply with quote

This thread should be in best of and saved.

bluesbuddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Keeping this suppressed. Reply with quote

ben dare dun dat.

da vid-man haz more hiztory on dis subject dan yewz kin imagine.

hiz-self relayed a ton uv info on dis site yearz ago (_!_)butt mitchell boy deleted everyting 'an banned da vid-man.

finger dat won out smelliot :

:smokin no buddy, 'an mah-self meanz no buddy put more time 'an thought into posts da way da vid-man did early onz; 'cept fer may-bee dat ghshuckey guy, hoo frum watt mah-self haz huerd {vinny} haz also ben banned 'an deleted.

smart move >D

elliott70

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: keep it at the top Reply with quote

ttt

EDIT
just as OOT was used,
when i was a volunteer fireman, you would note on the board,
OOT, so the boss knew why you missed a fire call,
OOT, out of town.

ttt - to the top
the reason i am editing this post

Edited by: elliott70 at: 1/9/06 4:52 pm
bluesbuddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: keep it at the top Reply with quote

:smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

:smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

Two-Timing Tina --- she'z got yewz in a trance ...
mechanical smelliot 'an hiz mechanical dance.

:smokin ttt?

AngusYoung

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Double Standard Reply with quote

Bluesy - If I sang that tune, Slappy would be calling for my head, why is there a double standard on this fine forum? :lol

Maybe we can find some insight on this topic from stichlips now that the vid-man was unceremoniously dumped from this board by the Wizard(man behind the curtain). :eek

BIAFP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Double Standard Reply with quote

hmmmmmmmmm?

Mitch Hawker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Double Standard Reply with quote

The only double standard is that people who follow directions for getting something in the 'best of' forum have a lot easier time getting it done than people who just chat with each other about it assuming that big brother is watching and hanging on their every word.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Best of MN HS Hockey Forum Threads All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum Rules/Reporting Offensive Posts (Updated 3/16/05)

National HS Hockey Rankings

State by State HS Hockey Profiles

USHighSchoolHockey.com

MidgetAAAHockey.com

Statewide High School Hockey Links (By State)

High School Hockey Team Links (By State)

Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by team) Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by date)

Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (USHSHO) Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (MinnHock)

Nationwide HS Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey National Rankings

NCAA D1 Men's Hockey Rankings

New England Prep School Hockey Rankings

Prep School Hockey Links

Friends of USHSHO and the Forums:

MinnHock

WisconsinPrepHockey.Net

Sponsored Links: