2015 State tournament Seedings and Discussion

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

sk8

Post by sk8 »

Nevertoomuch........ "I guess I don't see the roster gaps you do or where Breck gets an advantage. I think it is Blake's to lose this year and next."

NTM, just not seeing how you see its Blake's to lose for the next few years when both schools battle in close OT games in the section finals year after year. The gap I see on their (your) roster is that Blake’s 3 top players this year accounted for about 3/4 of the team’s goals, about 40% of those goals will graduate. Gotta imagine it’s pretty hard to replace those two great players, their leadership or their production in one year. CB is a good player, but by herself next year it too much to carry if you’re up against a top 15 AA team. I think they do have some solid players coming up to support from what I saw at the section final, but a year or two away. Breck looks more balanced and very talented, that’s all, just my view. Either way, both schools both are very good teams in any given year, and like all programs are prone to a year or two of modest building once in a while.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

Just one guys opinion sk8. But you're right. Blake definitely had more trouble with Breck this year. I know Breck had a new coach last season too so that was probably part of their growing pains, but I watched them twice last year and twice this year and they look far more polished and practiced and like they've been playing together for years. I don't know much about your team at all. How do the two stack up in regards to age on the top lines? Any college commitments? Just curious.
sk8

Post by sk8 »

sorry NTM, you're asking the wrong guy, went to the section final to enjoy the B&B rivalry as a fan of hockey. Stats are available on the hub, but unfortunately not close enough to those two teams to answer your question on line match ups, or on college commits of the players other than what’s been well publicized.