2AA Final: Burnsville vs. Edina

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Blaze
28%
Hornets
73%

Total votes: 40

karl(east)

2AA Final: Burnsville vs. Edina

Post by karl(east) »

Do Lubbesmeyer, Ahcan, and company have any hope of making this one interesting, or are the Hornets assured of a 9th consecutive State berth? Edina won the December meeting 3-0.
Last edited by karl(east) on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WendyClark

Post by WendyClark »

Da braves can win because they might score more goals but its really unlikely but it could still happen 8) ill take em
Goldyismoldy

Post by Goldyismoldy »

WendyClark wrote:Da braves can win because they might score more goals but its really unlikely but it could still happen 8) ill take em
Wish in one hand, get banned in the other...
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

the only way i see burnsville winning this game is if its a 1-0 or 2-1 game, with burnsville playing an absolutely stellar defensive game and lubbesmeyer stealing the show.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

This is the first of the Edina-B'Ville clashes in the section finals that I really do see it difficult for B'Ville to win. But that's not to say it can't happen.

1) Lubbesmeyer has to play one of the top 2 or 3 games of his life.
2) Get Edina into penalty trouble. For not only the PP chances, but also to disrupt Edina's rhythm, allowing their depth to not get into a flow. The earlier this can happen, the better for Burnsville.
3) Not take penalties themselves. On the wider sheet, Edina's PP will kill B'Ville. Need to stay out of the box.
4) Hang around. The one close game Edina's been in since the past 6 weeks was Minnetonka. Tonka's goalie was awesome, kept them in the game, and it let them hang around to possibly let a bounce make an impact, similar to how Tonka almost tied it up in the last second. Edina was definitely the better team, especially in the 3rd period, but they couldn't get another goal to put Tonka away, and it let them hang around.

Edina's really good at any rink, but I think they have an edge on everybody on the wider sheet. It will be tough, but they're 16-18 year old kids; anything can happen!
Tron

Post by Tron »

1. Frustrate Mishmash, get in his head early and have him flop around
2. Dont let the Hornets setup in your zone (I know easier said than done)
3. Get PP chances early, score early and drop a forward back, play even until the 3rd.
4. If Giles runs the 4th line lead by Moon, mismatch his line and get odd-man chances.
5. DONT PINCH!

If you do all those things, you have a good %5 percent chance of an upset
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

6. Throw metal shavings on the floor in the Hornets' locker room.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Hey, Bayside Tigers.....remember when Zack & Slater kidnapped the Russian chess player before the big Bayside-Valley chess match between Screech & the Russian, and then Zack threw on the Russian's clothes to impersonate him and intentionally lose?

Question: May this be a course of action for the visitors? I'll hang up & listen....
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Bayside Tigers wrote:6. Throw metal shavings on the floor in the Hornets' locker room.
Thats funny..

Or they could pull a Tonya Harding....
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

Tron wrote: 4. If Giles runs the 4th line lead by Moon, mismatch his line and get odd-man chances.
Not a chance until it's 5-0.
Mr.DudeGuy

Post by Mr.DudeGuy »

So I thought this would be as good a place as any. Are there ever problems getting seats for the 2AA, 6AA double header? New to the area and hoping to head over after work
Hockeywatcher123

Post by Hockeywatcher123 »

Mr.DudeGuy wrote:So I thought this would be as good a place as any. Are there ever problems getting seats for the 2AA, 6AA double header? New to the area and hoping to head over after work
About 5 years ago maybe but in recent years there hasn't been anyone turned away I believe. You should be just fine
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

lol Doc. Hey if my dirt bike was on the line, I would do the exact same thing.

I not only think it's a good idea, I think it's their only chance. But, I've seen teams of a lesser caliber than the Blaze or Indians or whatever they are, pull off post season upsets, so...
mnhockey47

Post by mnhockey47 »

I don't see Burnsville getting in the way of Edina making it to state for the 9th year in a row. The only way possible for Burnsville winning is if Lubbesmeyer gives up 1 or maybe 2 goals. Edina 4-1 with an empty net.
gitter

Post by gitter »

Hockeywatcher123 wrote:
Mr.DudeGuy wrote:So I thought this would be as good a place as any. Are there ever problems getting seats for the 2AA, 6AA double header? New to the area and hoping to head over after work
About 5 years ago maybe but in recent years there hasn't been anyone turned away I believe. You should be just fine
Yes that was probably the best and worst at Mariucci that year. The place was packed, but it was a logistical disaster with people missing almost the entire first period of the first game. After that incident, attendance has been pretty sporadic.

I'd suggest getting there an hour or so early if you can, and checking out a bar if you have time to kill after you get your ticket. Not many right by Mariucci, but a few that are a couple blocks away. BW3 is the closest and will be jammed wall to wall...walk another couple blocks to Washington and there will be a few to choose from that shouldn't be quite as bad.
Hockey guy1486

Post by Hockey guy1486 »

Anyone know where you can find this game on-line tonight?
Gov78

Post by Gov78 »

1-0 Edina
Gov78

Post by Gov78 »

2-0 Edina
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

Gov78 wrote:2-0 Edina
This one looks like it could get ugly!
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

3-1 Edina after 1.

Good news for Burnsville: Still in game and had some scoring chances.

Bad News for Burnsville: I thought Edina looked sloppy and they're still up by 2.
Lazy Scout

Post by Lazy Scout »

This game is ridiculous. Sections need to be reassigned. Also, get rid of Mariucci as the venue. The big ice will only help Edina even more and they don't need help. Looks like they are on their way to a three peat.
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

Lazy Scout wrote:This game is ridiculous. Sections need to be reassigned. Also, get rid of Mariucci as the venue. The big ice will only help Edina even more and they don't need help. Looks like they are on their way to a three peat.
Pretty sure Edina is the only team that gets practice time at Mariucci throughout the year to get ready for sections.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

7-1 Edina after 2.

Yes, if only the other teams got to practice there....must be all the board bounces! :roll:
green4

Post by green4 »

7-1 edina after two.

In my opinion, neither team looks good. Very gross, sloppy game.
Shots are only 18-9 for edina, Lubbesmeyer has struggled.

To the guy who want to move the section away from Mariucci, where else would they go? The only other rink in that area that could MAYBE hold the attendance is Braemar, and I doubt that would make it any better
Lazy Scout

Post by Lazy Scout »

How about Ridder?? The big ice is a advantage/disadvantage depending how you look at it.