Who are the players to watch this Tourney?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

IGotDibs

Who are the players to watch this Tourney?

Post by IGotDibs » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:39 am

I think it speaks for itself!

my2cents

Post by my2cents » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:12 pm

Freshmen D Phillips from Edina

IGotDibs

Post by IGotDibs » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:28 pm

Jake Leitner F, Mike Forseth D from Bemidji are really solid players along with Tatro and Johnson are fun to watch

GoBigorGoHome

Re: Who are the players to watch this Tourney?

Post by GoBigorGoHome » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:36 pm

IGotDibs wrote:I think it speaks for itself!
Then why start a thread?

IGotDibs

Post by IGotDibs » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:46 pm

GoBigorGoHome wrote:
Then why start a thread?
Im talking about the title man, jeez any sleepers out there I dont know every player or got to watch them, so who would you watch wise guy

InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:54 pm

IGotDibs wrote:
GoBigorGoHome wrote:
Then why start a thread?
Im talking about the title man, jeez any sleepers out there I dont know every player or got to watch them, so who would you watch wise guy
IGotDibs, you from Bemidji? You were waiting to post your Jacks once somebody else took the bullet.

IGotDibs

Post by IGotDibs » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:57 pm

InYourFace09 wrote:
IGotDibs wrote:
GoBigorGoHome wrote:
Then why start a thread?
IGotDibs, you from Bemidji? You were waiting to post your Jacks once somebody else took the bullet.
You know it!! 8) I love good hockey though, who are your guys to look for??

GoBigorGoHome

Post by GoBigorGoHome » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:20 pm

IGotDibs wrote:
InYourFace09 wrote:
IGotDibs wrote:
GoBigorGoHome wrote:
Then why start a thread?
Watch out for the J_Z line from Luverne (see 3A thread). They'll be coming to St. Paul and watching from the stands. The floor in front of their seats is bound to be sticky.

urban iceman

Post by urban iceman » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:12 pm

GoBigorGoHome wrote:
IGotDibs wrote:
InYourFace09 wrote:
IGotDibs wrote:
GoBigorGoHome wrote:
Then why start a thread?
Watch out for the J_Z line from Luverne (see 3A thread). They'll be coming to St. Paul and watching from the stands. The floor in front of their seats is bound to be sticky.
This Satire is starting to cross a line I think :roll:

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:25 pm

urban iceman wrote:
GoBigorGoHome wrote:
IGotDibs wrote:
InYourFace09 wrote:
IGotDibs wrote:
GoBigorGoHome wrote:
Then why start a thread?
This Satire is starting to cross a line I think :roll:

GoBigorGoHome

Post by GoBigorGoHome » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Hey, at least I amuse myself, which is all that matters to me. I am now jumping back across the line, until the next time I see that Luverne line referred to using an acronym, at which point it is highly likely the line will once again be crossed.

notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:36 pm

GoBigorGoHome wrote:Hey, at least I amuse myself, which is all that matters to me. I am now jumping back across the line, until the next time I see that Luverne line referred to using an acronym, at which point it is highly likely the line will once again be crossed.

MNhocklover43

Post by MNhocklover43 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:43 pm

Class A
Pionk/Kero, Becker, Bowen, Ellingson, Gregor, Huffman, Nystrom, Lucia

Class AA
Poehlings, Malmquist/Wait, Donohue/Versich, Brodzinksi/Notermann, Mittelstatd, Altmans, Mills, Leitner

OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:50 pm

Lou Nanne will tell you which guy to watch in each game.

Then talk about "the guy" the entire game.

nota612er

Post by nota612er » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:03 pm

He does not get much attention yet as he is only a sophomore, but watch Sandelin's kid on HTown. Smart, good size, nice hands. Hopefully we'll see him patrolling a blue line for the Doggies some day

Just Checking

Post by Just Checking » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:57 pm

Watch Tufto for STA. He is small but tough and faster than most. He will be a great college payer IMDAO. Has not signed but whoever does get him will have a great player. Plays very honest game and can finish with the best of them. Nothing missing from his game but some size which he makes up for in tenacity.

hockey9011

Post by hockey9011 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:53 pm

One player that I think is very underrated is junior Tanner Briedenbach from St Cloud Apollo. Very solid defensemen that is getting looks from both SCSU and BSU (just what I've heard, not confirmed)

YearbookWontClose

Post by YearbookWontClose » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:09 pm

MNhocklover43 wrote:Class A

Class AA
Poehlings, Malmquist/Wait, Donohue/Versich, Brodzinksi/Notermann, Mittelstatd, Altmans, Mills, Leitner
Lucia is a solid player but is not even the best on his team. Braidenbach, Bissett and Omann are all worth a mention over him in my opinion. Having the same name as his uncle tends to give him a little more publicity than his playing might deserve. Nonetheless he is a talented player, I just don't know if he's as good as some make him out to be.

Mr.DudeGuy

Post by Mr.DudeGuy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:29 pm

I thought #9 (Wyatt Peterson) for New Ulm was the most impressive player on their team in the section game I watched (vs. Hutch). Probably won't stand out in their 1 game at the X though... I was shocked he wasn't their leading scorer when I looked on the Hub after the game.

eazy98

Post by eazy98 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:52 pm

A few guys not mentioned yet...

Lakeville North
- Max Johnson (#6) - 2nd line forward that does a little bit of everything
- Henry Enebak (#21) - 2nd line sophomore forward, hat trick in the section final
- Jack Sadek (#16) - Offensive d-man, committed to Minnesota
- Jack McNeely (#20) - Solid d-man, committed to Nebraska-Omaha

Edina
- Parker Mismash (#16) - The agitator/instigator for Edina. Also has great hands and a good presence in the offensive zone. Fun to watch.
- Clayton Phillips (#18) - Freshman d-man that can carry the puck. Has grown a lot from the beginning of the season.

St. Thomas
- Alex Broetzman (#21) - Scores lots of goals on the first line
- Brian Hurley (#6) - Solid sophomore d-man. Committed to Ohio State.

Eden Prairie
- Michael Graham (#16) - Big, strong, forward with a nose for the net. Committed to UMD.

hawkhockey

Post by hawkhockey » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:34 pm

YearbookWontClose wrote:

Class AA
Lucia is a solid player but is not even the best on his team. Braidenbach, Bissett and Omann are all worth a mention over him in my opinion. Having the same name as his uncle tends to give him a little more publicity than his playing might deserve. Nonetheless he is a talented player, I just don't know if he's as good as some make him out to be.
Looked like Bissett separated his shoulder against Cathedral and took several other shots. Is he gonna be in tomorrow?

hockey9011

Post by hockey9011 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:08 am

hawkhockey wrote:
YearbookWontClose wrote:

Class AA
Looked like Bissett separated his shoulder against Cathedral and took several other shots. Is he gonna be in tomorrow?
are you sure that was the older bissett? I assume he is talking about brandon which is the older brother. I was at the game and I believe it was Noah Bissett who is the younger brother that was injured

MNGuide

Post by MNGuide » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:14 am

Aamodt - Defensemen - Hermantown

BobSaget

Post by BobSaget » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:38 am

hockey9011 wrote:
hawkhockey wrote:
YearbookWontClose wrote:

Class AA
are you sure that was the older bissett? I assume he is talking about brandon which is the older brother. I was at the game and I believe it was Noah Bissett who is the younger brother that was injured
Noah Bissett (freshman) was the one that got hurt in all three section games. I believe he came back and finished the section final. He's a good young player, a lot like his brother was at that age with maybe a little more talent.

Tanner Breidenbach is Apollo's best player. IMO, he was the best player in St. Cloud this year.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:25 am

Michael Forseth D #23 Bemidji