Private School Trash talk thread

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

SFA1992

Post by SFA1992 »

thestickler07 wrote:MrBo stop picking on the youngins, they don't know any better!
Back in my day...

I mean, you're spouting some perceived generalizations and stereotypes about people I know, a culture I believe in, and a school that means a lot to me and countless others.

I'm not even a devout religious person, and I still can't see why that's making an appearance here.

But you're right, I don't know any better. After all, I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth.
SFA1992

Post by SFA1992 »

MrBoDangles wrote:
SFA1992 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote: I had a problem with STA's sandbagging through the years and their faculty knowing that they were.

I had a problem with STA crushing small town programs and then getting excited about their fake trophies.

I had a problem with a bunch of small town effort and sweat end up losing to a money grubbing faculty that knew the pillaging they were doing.

I had a very big problem with them being a "Christian Institution".

I took great pleasure listening to some STA dads say " The higher ups couldn't take mrbo's ribbing on the forum anymore otherwise we'd still be A". They sure changed fast after the threads on here... The dads(?) mostly sounded happy to be out of Class A.

You see, Watcher. It's all about the dollar behind the program and putting up an excellent store front. Is it possible that they didn't realize how evil (your STA) was being towards the small programs hopes and dreams? They knew. It's the reason why they changed all of a sudden when called out.

There's a ton of shame with some of those last trophies..

There you go! Wanna keep it going?
They were being called out the entire time I was there. When we lost to Duluth Marshall or the Zephyrs, the joke was that we should be in AA but still didn't win. Hermantown crushes small town teams too. They could move up. They don't have to, but they could. If you were in the student section for those wins you'd realize that yes, everyone was elated to have won, again, and again, but there was always the realization that the time was overdue to move up. I have a hunch you don't like a lot of things about your perceived "STA dads", too.

Keep the religion out of it. I mean, really? Reaaaaaaaally? Go speak with Fr. O'Brien, it'll take him 2 seconds or less to figure you out.
You get it, but then you don't right after...
I see that you're saying "had" as well. So AA was the cure to it all?
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

SFA1992 wrote:Back in my day...

I mean, you're spouting some perceived generalizations and stereotypes about people I know, a culture I believe in, and a school that means a lot to me and countless others.

I'm not even a devout religious person, and I still can't see why that's making an appearance here.

But you're right, I don't know any better. After all, I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth.
What are you trying to say here?
SFA1992

Post by SFA1992 »

thestickler07 wrote:

I disagree with the comments aimed at "STA dads", as many of them are parents of my friends, and I know they did not think this way. I also don't think there needs to be any mentioning of religion here because it really has nothing to do with hockey. That's all stickler.
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

SFA1992 wrote:I disagree with the comments aimed at "STA dads", as many of them are parents of my friends, and I know they did not think this way. I also don't think there needs to be any mentioning of religion here because it really has nothing to do with hockey. That's all stickler.
You need to be better at recognizing the saltiness and letting it roll off.
SFA1992

Post by SFA1992 »

thestickler07 wrote:
SFA1992 wrote:I disagree with the comments aimed at "STA dads", as many of them are parents of my friends, and I know they did not think this way. I also don't think there needs to be any mentioning of religion here because it really has nothing to do with hockey. That's all stickler.
You need to be better at recognizing the saltiness and letting it roll off.
Are we talkin Morton's salt or something else. The silver spoon comment was banter man
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

SFA1992 wrote:
thestickler07 wrote:

I disagree with the comments aimed at "STA dads", as many of them are parents of my friends, and I know they did not think this way. I also don't think there needs to be any mentioning of religion here because it really has nothing to do with hockey. That's all stickler.
The dads were saying it.. Nothing "aimed" at STA dads.. Many dads (not all), the coaches and some of the faculty wanted to go AA.

The main papers, hockey hub and STA coaches said that bad publicity on the forum was the driving factor. I said it how I saw it and how it was. Pull up the articles..

No way possible that the faculty/religious leadership didn't have a clue to what was going on..

Maybe I'm being worked... :shock:
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

SFA1992 wrote:Are we talkin Morton's salt or something else. The silver spoon comment was banter man
Uff-da, I cringed reading that. Take a few off and read the forum more.

I refuse to believe this is the best STAA is pumping out.
SFA1992

Post by SFA1992 »

MrBoDangles wrote:
SFA1992 wrote:
thestickler07 wrote: What are you trying to say here?
The dads were saying it.. Nothing "aimed" at STA dads.. Many dads (not all), the coaches and some of the faculty wanted to go AA.

The main papers, hockey hub and STA coaches said that bad publicity on the forum was the driving factor. I said it how I saw it and how it was. Pull up the articles..

No way possible that the faculty/religious leadership didn't have a clue to what was going on..

Maybe I'm being worked... :shock:
I think the articles and public opinion finally drove home to the few who were in charge that AA was way overdue and the right thing. You're right. I couldn't tell what you really meant with the dad comment.

The faculty and religious leadership are there to teach, the athletics were left to the admin. I sincerely believe there's not a whole lot they could do.
SFA1992

Post by SFA1992 »

thestickler07 wrote:
SFA1992 wrote:Are we talkin Morton's salt or something else. The silver spoon comment was banter man
Uff-da, I cringed reading that. Take a few off and read the forum more.

I refuse to believe this is the best STAA is pumping out.
What's wrong with Mortons?
Schotzy

Post by Schotzy »

MrBoDangles wrote:I had a very big problem with them being a "Christian Institution".
Wow! You are either the troll of all trolls, or a very sad, bitter, person. Either way, Wow!

Are you a fan of a team that has been beaten by private schools quite a bit? I just want to understand your position, because I am not really seeing any solid reasons for your stance, other than you are trying to get in to arguments with people. Which means you are just a troll, and I am fine with that. Just don't expect me to continue the conversation if you can not answer honestly. I don't have the time.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Schotzy wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:I had a very big problem with them being a "Christian Institution".
Wow! You are either the troll of all trolls, or a very sad, bitter, person. Either way, Wow!

Are you a fan of a team that has been beaten by private schools quite a bit? I just want to understand your position, because I am not really seeing any solid reasons for your stance, other than you are trying to get in to arguments with people. Which means you are just a troll, and I am fine with that. Just don't expect me to continue the conversation if you can not answer honestly. I don't have the time.
It's really very simple: You shouldn't pillage for profit behind a religious storefront..

They were forced to comply with ending the pillaging.

Let's get back to putting the private schools in a section together!

:D
SFA1992

Post by SFA1992 »

MBD what do you mean "Pillage for profit?" Sorry that part has me confused.

We are just not going to agree on the private schools should all be in the same section argument. Sections should be strictly based on geography IMO, but hey, that's just me.
Schotzy

Post by Schotzy »

SFA1992 wrote:We are just not going to agree on the private schools should all be in the same section argument. Sections should be strictly based on geography IMO, but hey, that's just me.
In am with you SFA1992. I also know that the majority of the real world agrees. I am done arguing with stupid people here.

I am cheering for East today, simply because I am up that way, and I know kids on the team, but good luck to STA. Have a wonderful day.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

thestickler07 wrote:MrBo stop picking on the youngins, they don't know any better!
:idea:
SFA1992

Post by SFA1992 »

ouch.
Schotzy

Post by Schotzy »

SFA1992 wrote:ouch.
That was a fun game SFA! I love overtime!
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

What time does Hill_Murray play tomorrow?
Schotzy

Post by Schotzy »

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:What time does Hill_Murray play tomorrow?
HA!
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

GrandMeadow. I think this is where the moderators would like you to talk about how fun it was to watch the Cadets lose at state so you could give a few of them your consolation tickets and how great it will be to not see them back for 10 more years. :lol: Please hold your breath on that last one!!
grandmeadowhockeyfan

Post by grandmeadowhockeyfan »

Your right. Right after they pillage another bantam program or two they will probably be back in state. That was really enjoyable offering concellation tickets to cadets on that Friday. They didn't seem quite as cocky after that game. I loved the no one like you chant. They then chanted we don't care as the game turned and easy made the comeback win. The stunned silence was priceless!!!!
Just Checking

Post by Just Checking »

grandmeadowhockeyfan wrote:Your right. Right after they pillage another bantam program or two they will probably be back in state. That was really enjoyable offering concellation tickets to cadets on that Friday. They didn't seem quite as cocky after that game. I loved the no one like you chant. They then chanted we don't care as the game turned and easy made the comeback win. The stunned silence was priceless!!!!
gmhf This is actually one of your most coherent posts, but what was the chant you loved? And what was the response that changed the game? I get your last sentance but it was actually quite loud in the X. 15 of the 17K were going nuts. That is what you meant right?
grandmeadowhockeyfan

Post by grandmeadowhockeyfan »

"Nobody likes you" by east fans. The cadets responded "we don't care". Directly after that east made THE COMEBACK!! The east men made the comeback they outplayed the cadets in every way! The cheers had nothing to do with it!