Will Lou Nanne ever be unbiased.

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Should Lou give it up?

YES
26%
no
74%

Total votes: 27

Karma 29

Post by Karma 29 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:39 pm

He's old enough to say what he wants. If you don't like, don't listen? Pretty simple!

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:53 pm

Karma 29 wrote:He's old enough to say what he wants. If you don't like, don't listen? Pretty simple!

Should sthay, old enough to sthay what he wantsth, if you don't like it don't listhen? Pretty thimple. :lol: :lol: Justh kidding Lou!!!!

WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:16 pm

Bluewhitefan wrote:
WarmUpTheBus wrote:Lou was just on KFAN radio. He said "Their is no way Duluth can beat Edina."
Uh, it's called an opinion. And btw he's probably right.
Uh. Uh just quoted him. Uh, Uh may or may not agree with him but uh know uh is not a word. Duh

OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:28 pm

Well at least he's laying off the scotch.....so far.

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:23 pm

Lou has done this every year for 50 years. For all the complaining about his bias favoring Edina, they don't go every year....

Why would you get rid of a constant just in case some team might qualify?
Be kind. Rewind.

Bonin2121

Post by Bonin2121 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:46 pm

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote:
WarmUpTheBus wrote:Lou was just on KFAN radio. He said "Their is no way Duluth can beat Edina."
Uh, it's called an opinion. And btw he's probably right.
Uh. Uh just quoted him. Uh, Uh may or may not agree with him but uh know uh is not a word. Duh
Uh, maybe you should learn the difference between there and their before you call someone out on grammar on a message board.

codemanh

Post by codemanh » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:53 am

Yeah, it's not like Edina is clearly the superior team or anything.
Ha! Eat your words. They barely got past a Bemidji team. If Bemidji wouldn't have gotten off to a rough start (which is to be expected in their first appearance in 29 years), Edina would probably be at Mariucci right now.

C-dad

Post by C-dad » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:14 am

codemanh wrote:
Yeah, it's not like Edina is clearly the superior team or anything.
Ha! Eat your words. They barely got past a Bemidji team. If Bemidji wouldn't have gotten off to a rough start (which is to be expected in their first appearance in 29 years), Edina would probably be at Mariucci right now.
And if Boe had not had his worst game all year, it would have been running time in third.

urban iceman

Post by urban iceman » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:38 am

Gotta keep Louie in there, he's old school and there aren't many left like him. Cripes, Sid is still going but they have to prop him up once in awhile :lol:
Also Lou will talk to you at the rinks when approached. My kid played a little with Tyler when they were really young and Lou was very personable.

Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:41 am

I'll just put it this way......

When Lou is gone from the color gig, there will be many threads to the effect of:

-"The color guy isn't even in the same league as Lou."
-"I miss Lou."
-"Remember the good old days of clear boards, rock videos, & Lou Nanne?"

Ogie

Post by Ogie » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:42 am

O-townClown wrote:Any word on why Gary Thorne didn't return? He seemed to enjoy himself.
I hear he wasn't under contract with anyone last year....That might have something to do with it.

I wish we could get Don Cherry, along with his awesome suits, to come south of the border for just one tournament. :D
Buy ya a soda after the game!

Ogie

Post by Ogie » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:46 am

HockeyBum wrote:Lou admitted he was wrong about east on the radio and said he thought the game was over and had to correct himself. Then went on to say East has no chance with Edina. I hope he swallows his tongue and has to eat his words. I gave up on east during the ER game and thought they would fight hard with STA but wanted them to win. I am a fan
I seem to remember Lou saying "there is no way Duluth East loses this game", right before they lost the game.

The guy certainly is no Swami.

SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:20 am

Ogie wrote:
O-townClown wrote:Any word on why Gary Thorne didn't return? He seemed to enjoy himself.
I hear he wasn't under contract with anyone last year....That might have something to do with it.

I wish we could get Don Cherry, along with his awesome suits, to come south of the border for just one tournament. :D
Go all out. Keep Lou, get Don Cherry to do the intermission show live from the FSN set inside the X with the whole thing broadcast by FSN so the tournament can be picked up nationwide with anybody with a satellite dish. Lou and Don on the same TV being played in a sports bar down in New Orleans? I don't think those cajuns would know what to think.

Really, FSN should pick up the tournament rights so it can go national. Sell off the re-airs of the broadcast to the NHL Network so they have some summer programming. Tons of nationwide pub and tons of cash rolling in. Cement the state hockey tournament as the biggest hs tournament in the country.

bronco2828

Post by bronco2828 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:41 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:I'll just put it this way......

When Lou is gone from the color gig, there will be many threads to the effect of:

-"The color guy isn't even in the same league as Lou."
-"I miss Lou."
-"Remember the good old days of clear boards, rock videos, & Lou Nanne?"
Sorry Doc you will never see me post any of these threads. But I will post "I'm glad I don't have to listen to Lou praise his Edina or any other Non Northern Team he likes".

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Please tell me I didn't hear this right--Lou just said that East had no shots on net through 2 1/2 periods against STA.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

xy

Post by xy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:36 pm

Do you think now the "there's no way they can win" pronouncements from Lou will stop?

Ogie

Post by Ogie » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:52 pm

xy wrote:Do you think now the "there's no way they can win" pronouncements from Lou will stop?
No.

Ogie

Post by Ogie » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:57 pm

SCBlueLiner wrote:
Ogie wrote:

Go all out. Keep Lou, get Don Cherry to do the intermission show live from the FSN set inside the X with the whole thing broadcast by FSN so the tournament can be picked up nationwide with anybody with a satellite dish. Lou and Don on the same TV being played in a sports bar down in New Orleans? I don't think those cajuns would know what to think.

Really, FSN should pick up the tournament rights so it can go national. Sell off the re-airs of the broadcast to the NHL Network so they have some summer programming. Tons of nationwide pub and tons of cash rolling in.
Wouldn't that be the s***? :D
SCBlueLiner wrote: Cement the state hockey tournament as the biggest hs tournament in the country.
It already is.....I won a bar bet in San Antonio, when I said that the tourney was the biggest HS event in the nation....Bigger than the Texas HS playoff.
The Minnesota State High School Hockey Tournament is currently the largest state sports tournament in terms of viewing and attendance, beating the Texas State High School Football Tournament, Florida's State High School Football Tournament, and Indiana's State High School Basketball Tournament.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_schoo ... _Minnesota

Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:15 am

I've never understood the claimed bias he has? If his kids hadn't played for "Edina" this topic never gets started.
I can splash in the rink puddles!

BobSaget

Post by BobSaget » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:30 am

I like Lou. I find it humorous that the super unbiased message boarders call him out for being biased.

However, I did hear him say on the radio that Lakeville North's goalie handles the puck better than anyone he's seen in the tourney. He saw Alex Stalock. This kid is pretty good with the puck, but he's no Alex Stalock.

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:33 am

Gotta give Lou a little credit here; he really lauded East's effort after they beat Edina. Then again, what else could he say?

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006