Coaching Openings 2015-16

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BP

Coaching Openings 2015-16

Post by BP »

And so it begins! Offical off-season. I did this last year and will do it again. I'll update the new coach when they are announced:

1) Orono---Mark Parrish
2) St. Paul Academy-Matt Funk
3) Hastings--Adam Welch
4) Mounds View-Scott Brokaw
5) Greenway-Grant Clafton
6) Lakeville South-AJ Bucchino
7) Monticello/Annandale/Maple Lake-
8) Spring Lake Park-Scott Steffen
9) Grand Rapids-Trent Klatt
10) Providence Academy-Billy Hengen
11) Highland Park-Pat Auran
12) New Ulm-Ryan Neuman
13) International Falls-Terry Thompson
14) Cambridge-Isanti-Chris Sylvester
15) St. Cloud Cathedral-Derrick Brown
16) East Grand Forks-
17) Luverne-
Last edited by BP on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 27 times in total.
BP

Post by BP »

Mounds View and Orono added.
kpryan88

Post by kpryan88 »

Is Sager coming back next year? :lol:
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

I suppose St Paul Academy is on this list as well.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.
jg2112

Re: Coaching Openings 2015-16

Post by jg2112 »

BP wrote:And so it begins! Offical off-season. I did this last year and will do it again. I'll update the new coach when they are announced:

1) Hastings----
2) Mounds View----
3) Orono----Not sure if the coach came back? I think this is open as well.
What? Where is MV's coach going?
BP

Post by BP »

DrGaf wrote:I suppose St Paul Academy is on this list as well.
Good point. Added.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

kpryan88 wrote:Is Sager coming back next year? :lol:
Yes - Sager is returning to coach White Bear next season.
meat

Re: Coaching Openings 2015-16

Post by meat »

[quote="jg2112"][quote="BP"]And so it begins! Offical off-season. I did this last year and will do it again. I'll update the new coach when they are announced:

1) Hastings----
2) Mounds View----
3) Orono----Not sure if the coach came back? I think this is open as well.[/quote]

What? Where is MV's coach going?[/quote]

Running away! I've heard the parents are as bad as it gets @ MV... it's a shame.
greenway1969

Post by greenway1969 »

Greenway can be added to the list. This had been rumored for most the last part of the season. A former Greenway standout has been rumored to be interested in the opening. We'll see if that's true fairly quickly.
bemused

Post by bemused »

greenway1969 wrote:Greenway can be added to the list. This had been rumored for most the last part of the season. A former Greenway standout has been rumored to be interested in the opening. We'll see if that's true fairly quickly.
Any chance the new coach would be continuing a family tradition?
BP

Post by BP »

greenway1969 wrote:Greenway can be added to the list. This had been rumored for most the last part of the season. A former Greenway standout has been rumored to be interested in the opening. We'll see if that's true fairly quickly.
Added. Thanks.
greenway1969

Post by greenway1969 »

bemused wrote:
Any chance the new coach would be continuing a family tradition?
Haven't heard any rumors along that line. Anything is possible at this point.
Defensive Zone

Post by Defensive Zone »

Heard from my "pop" friends that Weber from Lakeville South is gone. Anybody heard the same?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Defensive Zone wrote:Heard from my "pop" friends that Weber from Lakeville South is gone. Anybody heard the same?
Have heard the same. Blown away by this. South better hire a big name if they wanna keep their talent. Wonder if this sways Swainey to stay?
BP

Post by BP »

Lakeville South added. Posted on MSHSL website.

Some potentially good jobs out there for the right candidate......
57special

Post by 57special »

Is being a HS hockey coach actually a good job, now?

There's no money. It used to be you'd get some respect and standing in the community, but now it seems that is getting to be the case less and less.
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

57special wrote:Is being a HS hockey coach actually a good job, now?

There's no money. It used to be you'd get some respect and standing in the community, but now it seems that is getting to be the case less and less.

There's certainly more money available to hire certain coaches at certain locations. All you need is a group of deep-pocket parents that control the local booster/blue line club and believe, like sats, that they "better hire a big name if they wanna keep their talent."

Or, more specifically, "The AD better hire a big name coach, or else I'm going to take my kid's talent elsewhere."

Sad, really.
Two minutes for...embellishment (ding!)
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

almostashappy wrote:

There's certainly more money available to hire certain coaches at certain locations. All you need is a group of deep-pocket parents that control the local booster/blue line club and believe, like sats, that they "better hire a big name if they wanna keep their talent."

Or, more specifically, "The AD better hire a big name coach, or else I'm going to take my kid's talent elsewhere."

Sad, really.
Its reality. Gonna be a long time before Eagan is relevant again. That's for sure.
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

Sats81 wrote:
almostashappy wrote:

Sad, really.
Its reality. Gonna be a long time before Eagan is relevant again. That's for sure.
Nice off-topic snide remark, befitting a troll of your high stature. Unless, of course, you wish to insist that Eagan lost its relevance and won't regain it for a long time because it lacks a "big name coach"?

That would be an interesting argument, since we had the same coach this year that we had over the five previous 20-win seasons, with three trips to the Tourney.

Oh, if only sats was in charge of doling out the "Coach of the Year" awards...we all know that he's better qualified to decide that than the coach's association! :roll:
Two minutes for...embellishment (ding!)
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

almostashappy wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
almostashappy wrote:

Sad, really.
Nice off-topic snide remark, befitting a troll of your high stature. Unless, of course, you wish to insist that Eagan lost its relevance and won't regain it for a long time because it lacks a "big name coach"?

That would be an interesting argument, since we had the same coach this year that we had over the five previous 20-win seasons, with three trips to the Tourney.

Oh, if only sats was in charge of doling out the "Coach of the Year" awards...we all know that he's better qualified to decide that than the coach's association! :roll:
True or True?
team22tank

Post by team22tank »

almostashappy wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
almostashappy wrote:

Sad, really.

Wait, wait, Eigner is a big name coach? :lol: That is actually pretty funny. We will see how does next year when there is one remaining triplet left. It will probably be similar to his first year or two.

Eagan will be fine. Don't know if they will get back to where they were the last few years but they will be competitive. Taylor is a pretty good coach. He can certainly do more with less than, tight pants can.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

team22tank wrote:
almostashappy wrote:
Sats81 wrote: Its reality. Gonna be a long time before Eagan is relevant again. That's for sure.

Wait, wait, Eigner is a big name coach? :lol: That is actually pretty funny. We will see how does next year when there is one remaining triplet left. It will probably be similar to his first year or two.

Eagan will be fine. Don't know if they will get back to where they were the last few years but they will be competitive. Taylor is a pretty good coach. He can certainly do more with less than, tight pants can.
Well, lets be real honest here. OBVIOUSLY not a big name coach like you Mr. JV coach of the year! Did you get your plaque yet? Yeah. Lets see how LN does next year. Still will have 2 D1 recruits with for sure 2 more commits by the time season rolls around. Don't be surprised if they are playing in another state championship game. Taylor can do less with more hah? Wasn't the group with Merchant, Zajac, May, etc playing consolation games at Mariucci?
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

Sats who are your candidates for the LS job?
team22tank

Post by team22tank »

Sats81 wrote:
team22tank wrote:
almostashappy wrote: Nice off-topic snide remark, befitting a troll of your high stature. Unless, of course, you wish to insist that Eagan lost its relevance and won't regain it for a long time because it lacks a "big name coach"?

Well, lets be real honest here. OBVIOUSLY not a big name coach like you Mr. JV coach of the year! Did you get your plaque yet? Yeah. Lets see how LN does next year. Still will have 2 D1 recruits with for sure 2 more commits by the time season rolls around. Don't be surprised if they are playing in another state championship game. Taylor can do less with more hah? Wasn't the group with Merchant, Zajac, May, etc playing consolation games at Mariucci?
You are to easy to rile up! I didn't get my plaque yet, they are usually 2-3 years behind on getting the JV ones out! Did you get your "Crazy Blue Line Club Member" plaque yet?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Whiner33 wrote:Sats who are your candidates for the LS job?
I've heard Scott Bjugstad and Ryan Kraft's names thrown around. Who knows though. A lot of catching up to do over in Cougar Country.