Wayzata

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mgrockswayzata

Post by mgrockswayzata »

O'Leary has lost the team. Kids don't trust what he says anymore.
This team is loaded with talent and thus far he has ran this team into
the ground.

His article on Minnesota Hockey titled "The formula for team success"
along with his corny "Wayzata Way" theme is a complete joke.
MegaMan

Post by MegaMan »

I personally think that the senior captain thing is huge here. The seniors are supposed to be your biggest leaders and to make them feel like they are not valued as such by the coach hurts. I can only imagine that it pissed off kids like Moelk and Dingmann who have been regular shifts on this team since sophomore year.
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

No discipline + some big egos + plenty of dumb penalties = Sub-500 season for the Trojans. I don't consider them a threat for 6AA anymore. Expect to see EP vs BSM or HF final.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

No excuse for the Trojans recent collapse, but I see Doug at FTP has opined yesterday what I predicted last November 6: that the Wayzata Trojans had the toughest AA schedule this season. Curious if the other statistical rankers had same conclusion through their Feb 8 formulas?

West Metro Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:52 pm

FollowThePuck @FollowThePuck • 17h17 hours ago
AA Toughest Schedules: 1) Wayzata
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Golden bear-

Any word on O Leary? He's got to be on the hot seat with Wayzatas underachieving season. Again, hard to imagine that much talent, the success they had at youth, the sheer overall numbers and then nothing.
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

Sats. Young Coach and maybe he learned somethings this year and the Trojans win it all next year. GB
Toomuchtoosoon

Post by Toomuchtoosoon »

Heard some solid players are considering Junior Gold. Sick of the BS and just want to have fun their senior year. You need the studs, but you also need depth.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Toomuchtoosoon wrote:Heard some solid players are considering Junior Gold. Sick of the BS and just want to have fun their senior year. You need the studs, but you also need depth.
Sounds like average players that realize they aren't that good and don't want to make the commintment. Nothing wrong with that, but no need to blame the coach.
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

mulefarm wrote:but no need to blame the coach.
That's right, we should never question the coach when he loses the respect of his players and his team has dramatically under-achieved. There are plenty of above average players playing Junior Gold that are dedicated and committed. Your comment is idiotic, at best.
57special

Post by 57special »

If you go by their success and numbers in youth hockey, Wayzata should be at, or near the top of the mountain in HS hockey.
bemused

Post by bemused »

If you go by their penalty minutes they should be in the ECHL
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

Bemused, I agree a lot of penalty minutes, however I think there are a lot bigger issues than that. They have been documented on this site, so I won't repeat all of them. The two region games the Trojans took a minor in each game (one penalty in Hopkin's game and one penalty in Tonka game), so if success is measured on state appearances, which I'm pretty sure the Wayzata faithful parents would measure success, penalty minutes didn't cause the demise of the Trojan squad this year. I also looked at the last few games during the regular season (Benilde and Hopkins) and the Trojans had four minutes combined in these two games. So again, down the stretch penalties weren't the issue. One stat that jumps out at me is that the scoring leader was a defensemen who had just as many goals as two division one forward recruits combined. I think that is a far more alarming statistic in my opinion. GB
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

I agree with all of Golden bear comments. Also see thread regarding section 6 playoff game final against Minnetonka. Some of their top shooters have been consistently missing the cage, or if they hit the cage it's dead Center on the
chest pad. Maybe some of the Forwards need to shoot 100 pucks a day to improve accuracy. I will be very interested to see if Zimmer, Senden,
Sorenson, and Schilling areback next year. N
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Was it last year or year before everyone thought O'leary was the greatest coach around?
Toomuchtoosoon

Post by Toomuchtoosoon »

Sounds like average players that realize they aren't that good and don't want to make the commintment. Nothing wrong with that, but no need to blame the coach.
That is a rather ignorant comment. These kids work as hard as anyone and they are who they are-solid high school players. If going to the rink isn't fun anymore, than what is the purpose. Still love the game, work hard, but don't like the environment.

My kid is not one of them. He chose to play with his friends and not in the offseason-he knows that everyone ends up in the beer league in the end. Whether your competitive playing days end in the NHL, college, HS, or bantam, its the beer league where you finally retire from.
Ozzie82

Post by Ozzie82 »

mulefarm wrote:
Toomuchtoosoon wrote:Heard some solid players are considering Junior Gold. Sick of the BS and just want to have fun their senior year. You need the studs, but you also need depth.
Sounds like a poster who enjoys jumping to conclusions, commenting on situations he has no idea about, all while making himself look foolish in the process. Nothing wrong with that, but no need to blame the players.