Ted Brill and HP U18 Selections

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

CreaseMonkey

Re: Hp 18

Post by CreaseMonkey »

InYourFace09 wrote:
Nwminnguy wrote:All section
Didn't turn it down
Seems strange if the same coaches voted for all section
So he did not get all conference? Maybe that is why the coaches did not put him in. Did you ask his own coach if he nominated your son?
I know of two players who made the All Conference team and were not asked, so it does happen.
Mazak55

Post by Mazak55 »

Didn't turn it down
Where have you seen any 2015 all section teams? I certainly haven't seen one for section 7.
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

Mazak55 wrote:
Didn't turn it down
Where have you seen any 2015 all section teams? I certainly haven't seen one for section 7.
I don't know about Section 7, but in 3 the coaches know who made all-conference and all-section teams (and the corresponding awards are distributed at end-of-year team banquets) long before the full lists are "officially" released. Any potentially disgruntled parent might therefore already know if their little johnny made one team or another.
Two minutes for...embellishment (ding!)
Mazak55

Post by Mazak55 »

There isn't much to find if you google all section teams from years past either. Is there such a thing for HS hockey or are they only for the all tournament teams?

As far as making an all section team and not all conference, that doesn't make much sense. By definition, the all section team would be harder to make than all conference.
Nwminnguy

Hp 18

Post by Nwminnguy »

He made all section and all conference
Yes coach put him in
First alt is what I heard
BAD DEAL RIDICULOUS
Nwminnguy

Hp 18

Post by Nwminnguy »

Section 8a has been out for a while
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

Mazak55 wrote:As far as making an all section team and not all conference, that doesn't make much sense. By definition, the all section team would be harder to make than all conference.
Certainly not when you are one of the three 1AA teams in the South Suburban Conference.
Two minutes for...embellishment (ding!)
observer

Post by observer »

Beyond being a deserving player a number of these types of selections depend on having a pro-active coach. It's something less experienced coaches need to understand as part of their responsibility. Some players can be overlooked without some lobbying.
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

Nwminnguy wrote:Section 8a has been out for a while
So did your "son" make the great 8 for section 8?