Early Departures 15-16

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

green4

Early Departures 15-16

Post by green4 »

Has anyone started a list for this upcoming season yet?

Kierstad is official

Wait said he was leaving before the start of this last season, but I have not seen anything official yet, maybe he changes his mind

Mikey Anderson just signed a Tender, which usually means they are gone http://www.ushl.com/news_article/show/499532
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Interesting about Mike Anderson at Waterloo compared to Ann Arbor. I haven't heard any more names than you listed, but I did add my likely early departures names for THIS year onto exiled ones early departure thread from last year
The Exiled One

Re: Early Departures 15-16

Post by The Exiled One »

green4 wrote:Has anyone started a list for this upcoming season yet?
Sorry, I've fallen down on the job. :(

Previous Lists
2008-2009
2009-2010
2010-2011
2011-2012
2012-2013
2013-2014
2014-2015

Code: Select all

Class Pos Player            HS Team              New Team               College
So    D   Mikey Anderson    Hill-Murray          Waterloo-USHL          Minnesota-Duluth
Jr    D   Graham Lorsung    St. Cloud Cathedral  Green Bay AAA
Jr    D   Brian Hurley      St. Thomas Academy   Wilderness-NAHL        Ohio State
Jr    D   Nate Knoepke      Lakeville South      NTDP                   Minnesota
Jr    D   Brandon Koch      Hastings             Shattuck
Sr    D   Trevor Zins       STMA                 Cedar Rapids-USHL 
Sr    D   Jack Dunnell      Grand Rapids         Minnesota-SIPHL
Sr    D   Myles Cunningham  Blake                Bloomington-USHL       Brown
Jr    F   Seth Benson       Moorhead             Omaha AAA
Sr    F   Koby Bender       Cloquet              Wilderness-NAHL
Sr    F   Dylan McDonald    St. Thomas Academy   Omaha AAA
Sr    F   Nick Swaney       Lakeville South      Waterloo-USHL          Minnesota-Duluth
Sr    F   Jack Becker       Mahtomedi            Sioux Falls-USHL       Wisconsin
Sr    F   Max Zimmer        Wayzata              Chicago-USHL           Wisconsin
Sr    F   Matt Kierstad     Elk River            Chicago-USHL           North Dakota
Sr    F   Garrett Wait      Edina                Waterloo-USHL          Minnesota
Sr    G   David Nicholson   St. Paul Academy     Holderness Prep
Sr    G   Ryan Edquist      Lakeville North      Bloomington-USHL       Minnesota
Last edited by The Exiled One on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 28 times in total.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Heres the article about Wait I remembered from last summer.

http://www.hselitehockey.com/news_artic ... r_id=44822

Stranger things have happened that he might change his mind. I dont know whether wanting one more title shot would make a difference or not. I doubt it,
Bonin2121

Post by Bonin2121 »

Kierstad will be a senior.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Jr - D - Nate Knoepke - Lakeville South - NTDP

http://www.usantdp.com/news_article/sho ... _id=666974
GoBigorGoHome

Post by GoBigorGoHome »

The big AP, Austin Pratt, off to Red Deer.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

GoBigorGoHome wrote:The big AP, Austin Pratt, off to Red Deer.
Saw that, but this list is just MSHSL varsity defections.
GoBigorGoHome

Post by GoBigorGoHome »

The Exiled One wrote:
Says who?
MWS coach

Post by MWS coach »

GoBigorGoHome wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:
Says who?
The Guy Whom Made the list and has the keys to the kingdom! :lol:
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

MWS coach wrote:
GoBigorGoHome wrote:
The Exiled One wrote: Saw that, but this list is just MSHSL varsity defections.
Says who?
And common sense shows you that most topics on here are about the MSHSL...
imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong »

I think Shattuck is a high school in Minnesota, may not play only 23 games, but none the less a high school in Minnesota. Well done AP, and best wishes!!
GoBigorGoHome

Post by GoBigorGoHome »

Wblhcky2424 wrote:
MWS coach wrote:
GoBigorGoHome wrote: Says who?
And common sense shows you that most topics on here are about the MSHSL...
Nice try, but common sense tells me your comment is asinine. There are over 1,200 posts related to Shattuck, and the vast majority are in the high school forum. This is the Minnesota High School forum, not the Minnesota High School League forum.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Read carefully, because I'm only going to type this once...

If you don't like my list, make your own dang list.

My list has been, and always will be, a list of recent MSHSL varsity players who forgo their MSHSL eligibility to play elsewhere. I do not feel the need to explain my criteria... so I won't.
GoBigorGoHome

Post by GoBigorGoHome »

The Exiled One wrote:Read carefully, because I'm only going to type this once...

My list has been, and always will be, a list of recent MSHSL varsity players who forgo their MSHSL eligibility to play elsewhere. I do not feel the need to explain my criteria... so I won't.
As my kids would say, "Nice." It's not your thread, nor is it your forum. You have a list, whoop-dee-effin-doo. Nobody asked you to explain your criteria. To ignore AP's departure undermines any credibility you or your list may have had. By the way, I never asked you to put him on your list, I simply made a post to the thread.
green4

Post by green4 »

GoBigorGoHome wrote:
The Exiled One wrote:Read carefully, because I'm only going to type this once...

As my kids would say, "Nice." It's not your thread, nor is it your forum. You have a list, whoop-dee-effin-doo. Nobody asked you to explain your criteria. To ignore AP's departure undermines any credibility you or your list may have had. By the way, I never asked you to put him on your list, I simply made a post to the thread.
No, you are wrong. He does the work each year and creates this list of MSHSL players that leave. He made a nice alternative that if you don't like his list, then go make your own.
I don't think the kid deserves to be on this list because to play at Shattuck means you already left. If any kid left his high school team for Shattuck we would put him on this list because he left a MSHSL team.
GoBigorGoHome

Post by GoBigorGoHome »

green4 wrote:
GoBigorGoHome wrote:

No, you are wrong. He does the work each year and creates this list of MSHSL players that leave. He made a nice alternative that if you don't like his list, then go make your own.
I don't think the kid deserves to be on this list because to play at Shattuck means you already left. If any kid left his high school team for Shattuck we would put him on this list because he left a MSHSL team.
:roll: Whether he is on "the list" or not is of no consequence. We've seen kids go from Shattuck to MSHSL, so I wouldn't consider someone to have left just because they've chosen to attend Shattuck. I do believe he is a noteworthy departure from the MN hockey scene, and for that reason added him to the thread.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

GoBigorGoHome wrote:I do believe he is a noteworthy departure from the MN hockey scene, and for that reason added him to the thread.
Why not mention Mismash or Reedy? Surely their departures are just as noteworthy. It's unfathomable that you'd know of Pratt's departure from Shattuck without knowing about Mismash's and Reedy's departures.
GoBigorGoHome

Post by GoBigorGoHome »

The Exiled One wrote:
GoBigorGoHome wrote:I do believe he is a noteworthy departure from the MN hockey scene, and for that reason added him to the thread.
Why not mention Mismash or Reedy? Surely their departures are just as noteworthy. It's unfathomable that you'd know of Pratt's departure from Shattuck without knowing about Mismash's and Reedy's departures.
Those are covered in another thread. But you are right, they are also noteworthy departures, and you've just added them to this thread by mentioning them. Well done, you've beaten yourself at your own game.
MWS coach

Post by MWS coach »

But still none of the three added to the list :shock:

Relax GBGH, no they are not on the HS Departure list on some blog forum, but all have very bright futures and have made much more important list by their accomplishments to date and likely many more to come in the not so distant future.

News flash to you, in today's world of information, this was the last place I saw about AP going to the WHL.

Congrats to a great kid and a great hockey player, I am sure he is happy going to the W and could care less if some old timer in northern Minnesota included him on his list or not.... no offense Exiled One!
GoBigorGoHome

Post by GoBigorGoHome »

MWS coach wrote:But still none of the three added to the list :shock:

Relax GBGH, no they are not on the HS Departure list on some blog forum, but all have very bright futures and have made much more important list by their accomplishments to date and likely many more to come in the not so distant future.

News flash to you, in today's world of information, this was the last place I saw about AP going to the WHL.

Congrats to a great kid and a great hockey player, I am sure he is happy going to the W and could care less if some old timer in northern Minnesota included him on his list or not.... no offense Exiled One!
No argument with anything you've said. My first post was to add his name to the overall conversation that was it, plain and simple. The remaining posts were poking fun at Exiled's ego. The sensitivity of this board never ceases to amaze me. From now on his list should be referred to as "The List!!!", it should be carved in stone, and anytime it is written about a video link featuring the parting clouds, a beam of light, and the voices of angels should be included. I can picture him in his robe, sandals, wild hair and beard coming down from the mount holding his list in awe for having been in the presence of God. Oh, wait, he is God.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

MWS coach wrote:old timer in northern Minnesota!
One out of three ain't bad.
GoBigorGoHome wrote:Oh, wait, he is God.
That's more like it! :wink:
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Thanks to the efforts of The Exiled One and all that have contributed, there's an extensive database that helps shed light on the question of what happens to those that forego HS hockey.
Be kind. Rewind.
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

Where is this database? I'd love to see it. How many years does it go back?
observer

Post by observer »

List available by year on top of this page.