Multisport athletes

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

InigoMontoya

Multisport athletes

Post by InigoMontoya »

The tennis and soccer state tourneys this week; volleyball and swimming sections have yet to begin. As the hockey season gets started, how are these multisport athletes incorporated into the team, sometimes after 3 or 4 weeks of hard work by their teammates?
goaline

Re: Multisport athletes

Post by goaline »

InigoMontoya wrote:The tennis and soccer state tourneys this week; volleyball and swimming sections have yet to begin. As the hockey season gets started, how are these multisport athletes incorporated into the team, sometimes after 3 or 4 weeks of hard work by their teammates?
I would think the 3 or 4 weeks that student-athlete dedicates deep inside their Fall sports playoffs would constitute "hard work" and hopefully understanding among teammates. With that said, missing 3 or 4 weeks of a season could be a tremendous set back for a bubble or support player... MSHSL could fix this but they don't care to.
Lace'emUp

Re: Multisport athletes

Post by Lace'emUp »

goaline wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:The tennis and soccer state tourneys this week; volleyball and swimming sections have yet to begin. As the hockey season gets started, how are these multisport athletes incorporated into the team, sometimes after 3 or 4 weeks of hard work by their teammates?
I would think the 3 or 4 weeks that student-athlete dedicates deep inside their Fall sports playoffs would constitute "hard work" and hopefully understanding among teammates. With that said, missing 3 or 4 weeks of a season could be a tremendous set back for a bubble or support player... MSHSL could fix this but they don't care to.
I 100% agree with everything you just said. I know 5 girls who are affected by the state soccer tournament starting this week. If they win their quarterfinal games, the conflict continues into next week. A nice conflict to have, but probably very stressful for the student athlete who wants to be there for both their teams.