Scrimmage Fest Saturday

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hansonbrother

Scrimmage Fest Saturday

Post by Hansonbrother »

Would love to hear who is where, what teams are involved and what teams are doing what...good or bad
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

Saw, Forest lake on Friday they look very strong handled St. Paul United and Spring Lake Park with ease.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

zambonidriver wrote:Saw, Forest lake on Friday they look very strong handled St. Paul United and Spring Lake Park with ease.
(Wondering if this could possibly be the same games we watched.)
titleist

Re: Scrimmage Fest Saturday

Post by titleist »

Hansonbrother wrote:Would love to hear who is where, what teams are involved and what teams are doing what...good or bad
Saw Eden Prairie, Cretin, Wayzata, and Armstrong today. With exception to Armstrong, all teams were very close and very competitive.
nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey »

Duluth had:

Chanhassen
Rochester Century
Duluth
Park
Buffalo
WBL
Eagan
BSM
HM
Maple Grove

I may be missing some though, these are the ones we saw some action.

A few surprises in the play. Buffalo has some big kids, Eagan did well and had some good play.
MG is basically last year's team one yr older and HM has some new faces( I think they have 5 freshman with 4 being new)

MG and HM were definitely the best teams
MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:Saw, Forest lake on Friday they look very strong handled St. Paul United and Spring Lake Park with ease.
NTMH, are you saying that maybe Forest Lake didn't handle those teams with ease? In meaningless scrimmages where JV players are abundant and coaching is non existent because nobody cares who wins?

Gotta remember that Zam's daughter is playing youth hockey in FL now, therefore the high school team is automatically better by association.
Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister »

Anyone catch scrimmages in rapids or cloquet?
Nevertoomuchhockey

MN_Bowhunter wrote:
NTMH, are you saying that maybe Forest Lake didn't handle those teams with ease? In meaningless scrimmages where JV players are abundant and coaching is non existent because nobody cares who wins?

Gotta remember that Zam's daughter is playing youth hockey in FL now, therefore the high school team is automatically better by association.
"With ease" was the part I questioned. I know pre-season is largely meaningless, but it just seems to me SOG for those games doesn't indicate "with ease"
FL looks like they could be great. But like you said, it's waaaayyyyy early.
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

Sartell/Sauk Rapids, Elk River, and Stillwater at Blake Saturday.

All teams looked decent with Elk River & Blake looking slightly better than Stillwater that was a little better than Sartell.

Hard to tell lots as most teams had very full benches and played at least 2 different goalies per game.
titleist

Post by titleist »

Rocketwrister wrote:Anyone catch scrimmages in rapids or cloquet?
I wasn't there but I hear the fests up in Rapids were good ones. Sources say that Minnetonka looked good and Moundsview was very solid and works very hard. Sounds like Rapids is short due to 4 returners still out because of fall sports...but still competed well.
Lace'emUp

Post by Lace'emUp »

nu2hockey wrote:Duluth had:

Chanhassen
Rochester Century
Duluth
Park
Buffalo
WBL
Eagan
BSM
HM
Maple Grove

A few surprises in the play. Buffalo has some big kids, Eagan did well and had some good play.
MG is basically last year's team one yr older and HM has some new faces( I think they have 5 freshman with 4 being new)

Shakopee and Centennial up in Duluth too. Centennial won all their games versus Shakopee (6-1), Rochester (10-3), WBL (2-1). As noted, there were many JV players and line adjustments in all the games.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Lace'emUp wrote:

Chanhassen
Rochester Century
Duluth
Park
Buffalo
WBL
Eagan
BSM
HM
Maple Grove

Shakopee and Centennial up in Duluth too. Centennial won all their games versus Shakopee (6-1), Rochester (10-3), WBL (2-1). As noted, there were many JV players and line adjustments in all the games.
Who is in goal for WBL and Centennial
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

MN_Bowhunter wrote:
Nevertoomuchhockey wrote: (Wondering if this could possibly be the same games we watched.)

"With ease" was the part I questioned. I know pre-season is largely meaningless, but it just seems to me SOG for those games doesn't indicate "with ease"
FL looks like they could be great. But like you said, it's waaaayyyyy early.
based strictly on scoring I have no skin in the game BH or should I say Bs
Hard water fan

Post by Hard water fan »

The Mirage was in Cloquet along with Moose Lake, Marshall School, Totino and Cambridge. Mirage "beat" Totino, Cambridge and Marshall. All the games were fairly sloppy...as to be expected.
BluehawkHockey

Post by BluehawkHockey »

Was not "with ease" against SLP/CR. Got 2 goals against the SLP/CR goalie. Didn't get one past the starter.

FL will be a good team, maybe not this year but in the future. Heard they had 5 8th graders on the ice this weekend. Once they get a little varsity experience and grow a little, that team will be much better.
Lace'emUp

Post by Lace'emUp »

Lace'emUp wrote:

Chanhassen
Rochester Century
Duluth
Park
Buffalo
WBL
Eagan
BSM
HM
Maple Grove

Who is in goal for WBL and Centennial
Centennial played back-to-back games to end the day Sat. I could not stay for the whole 2nd game versus WBL, but got the game update through texts. Centennial's back-up from last year started the game. I do not know for WB.
goaline

Post by goaline »

Hansonbrother wrote:Would love to hear who is where, what teams are involved and what teams are doing what...good or bad
Alot of AA talk -- little details on A teams and who looked good...
36Guy

Post by 36Guy »

goaline wrote:
Alot of AA talk -- little details on A teams and who looked good...
Where were you last weekend?
massalsa

This might be better than scrimmagefest for a Skipper...

Post by massalsa »

Norby will probably score a few goals this year...congrats to her...what a cool experience!

http://www.usawomenshockey.com/news_art ... ferrer_id=

What is tougher? The Lake Conference schedule or the 4 Nations Cup?
36Guy

Re: This might be better than scrimmagefest for a Skipper...

Post by 36Guy »

massalsa wrote:Norby will probably score a few goals this year...congrats to her...what a cool experience!

http://www.usawomenshockey.com/news_art ... ferrer_id=

What is tougher? The Lake Conference schedule or the 4 Nations Cup?
=D> =D> =D> Thanks for the note massalsa! She be interesting to see who steps up this year and who the new faces are coming up! Starts right away, MG and Edina Friday night! Good luck everyone!
The Bone

Post by The Bone »

Congratulations to Presley! An Amazing opportunity, what an honor!