Let's Play Hockey Pre-Season Rankings

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Goalie41Dad

Post by Goalie41Dad »

Isn't this ranking basically the same as the final rankings last March?
I have not compared the 2 rankings team by team, but it's pretty close.
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

Goalie41Dad wrote:Isn't this ranking basically the same as the final rankings last March?
I have not compared the 2 rankings team by team, but it's pretty close.
The only real difference I see is TRF starting out at 3 at A, rather than at 1 where they belong. Champs should start the next season out at 1 out of respect. After all, the best evidence of team quality is the games that are played and the champ won the last one!

If they aren't the best they will get figured out in short order.
nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey »

The only real difference I see is TRF starting out at 3 at A, rather than at 1 where they belong. Champs should start the next season out at 1 out of respect. After all, the best evidence of team quality is the games that are played and the champ won the last one!

These teams are not the teams that played at the X, therefore should be ranked according to expectations like all other teams
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

nu2hockey wrote:The only real difference I see is TRF starting out at 3 at A, rather than at 1 where they belong. Champs should start the next season out at 1 out of respect. After all, the best evidence of team quality is the games that are played and the champ won the last one!

These teams are not the teams that played at the X, therefore should be ranked according to expectations like all other teams
Expectations = bias.

I'm a believer in results-based polling. There is no reason to move TRF from #1 until we receive evidence otherwise. Blake may very well be the best team in A. There is no actual evidence of this right now. Maybe on Sunday after they play CDH, yes, but right now, no way.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

The evidence that Thief isn't number one is because they graduated there top three forwards and Mrs. Goalie. They aren't the same team that won last year. Not even close. Sorry homer. Who will be the team from the north this year? Not Thief.
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

pepperpot wrote:The evidence that Thief isn't number one is because they graduated there top three forwards and Mrs. Goalie. They aren't the same team that won last year. Not even close. Sorry homer. Who will be the team from the north this year? Not Thief.
Now hold on.

I live in D2.

Blake lost 2 of its 3 top scorers. We can play this game all day long. My point is that none of it matters until they start playing, so there is no harm in pulling through rankings from the end of season.
SS729

Post by SS729 »

TRF is not the same team they where. The big missing piece is the goal tender. Watched them scrimmage and they are still good but not as good as last yr.
Warroad's recruiting from the last few years will make them the strongest team up north. They are big and strong. 3 of the top players came together from Cambridge I believe a couple of years ago and they have the 2 Canadian sisters still ..