Section 6A 2015-16

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Sats81 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote: Just here to entertain you and everyone else who sees the world through purple glasses.
My program is about 70 miles from LF.. Liked seeing the rekindled old flames with you and mite dad though. How wrong you were about Hanowski's talent level... Memories..🎻
Easy now, I thought Goldy Goofer knew all! :roll: :roll:
:idea:
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

In regards to Little Falls, I don't see them making a big jump. They will be better but I don't know that their record will be much better. I just don't see a big jump in scoring this year which was their achilles heel last year. I don't see any dynamic scorers coming up from last year's bantams either. I honestly think goaltending will be a little better this year. If the returning senior doesn't do well, the sophomore coming in is decent (he may win the job anyways). Defensively they should be solid as they return their entire corp and add a couple talented sophs. They have to get it out of their end against the better teams in the section if they are going to be competitive. That's where they failed miserably last year.
lovethisgame

Post by lovethisgame »

Names to watch for this season?
Hockey7326

Post by Hockey7326 »

lovethisgame wrote:Names to watch for this season?
Apollo: Althaus (1.52-916%), Lucia (17-16-33), Bissett (18-9-27), Breidenbach (10-28-38)
Cathedral: Neu (21-19-40), Cornelius (2-14-17), Hirschfeld (2-14-16), Karki (3.33-905%, elite league)
Alexandria: Steffl (6-11-17), Strong (7-9-16)
Sartell: Moran (16-27-43), Johnson (10-28-38), Meier (5-25-30), Lund (8-4-12)
Fergus Falls: Tarczon (31-20-51), Johnson(20-22-42), Mann (7-22-29), Nathe (10-18-28)
Tech: Woodman (13-13-26), Lunderby (3-2-5, elite league)
lovethisgame

Post by lovethisgame »

Or stories to watch throughout the year?
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

lovethisgame wrote:
Or stories to watch throughout the year?
Trout nobody cares! But we all enjoy that you can talk to yourself!!
zooomx

Post by zooomx »

MrBoDangles wrote:
lovethisgame wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote: As we laugh at your every post...
So you saying little falls being a contender was being serious???
I'm saying that pretty much any team could have won this section last year and LF brings back quite a bit. Add in a pretty darn good A Bantam team (was there a better public Bantam team in this group..?) and I see a top contender. Goaltending might be a question mark, like was brought up.

You never know what Cathedral has until they hit the ice, so they could be a roadblock for all the teams.

Do you see a "walk a way" winner this year?
Alexandria's public Bantam team went to state for the second straight year, so there is that. Little Falls did have a very strong Bantam team too. Depth would be my concern with LF.

I agree that this is a deep section. There always seems to be a surprise or two out of section 6. Apollo, SCC, Fergus, and Alex seem to be the top tier. Sartell, River Lakes, Little Falls, Tech could all pull a surprise.
lovethisgame

Post by lovethisgame »

Any new info before practice starts in little under a week?
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

lovethisgame wrote:Any new info before practice starts in little under a week?
http://www.orvis.com/fishingreports

Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

notTONIGHT wrote:
lovethisgame wrote:Any new info before practice starts in little under a week?
http://www.orvis.com/fishingreports

http://www.parents.com/baby/childcare/b ... hild-care/
hockey9011

Post by hockey9011 »

Quick question: Does anyone know the goaltending situation for Cathedral? I know that have a very talented goalie coming up in Keegan Karki but was curious if they were planning on having him play a big role right away or start off with senior goaltender Camren Dehler?

Besides that, this section looks to be very competitive as always. Apollo and Cathedral each return a nice group of players and should start the season as the favorites but Fergus Falls, Sartell, and Alexandria should all contend. Besides the top two, FF returns its top line which should provide them with some offensive firepower. Sartell lost Spencer Zweiner, (IMO the sections best player last year) but return 7 of it's top 10 scorers as well. Goaltending will be the deciding factor on if either of these two teams can compete with the top tier in 6A. I know Alexandria lost an enormous group of players to graduation but I know they have a solid youth program. I expect them to be right in the mix come playoff time.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

CornerBar wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
CornerBar wrote: There isn't any walk away winner this year but I can guarantee you little falls won't get higher than a 6 seed. They're bantam A team was ranked 18th on Let's Play Hockey's final rankings, but that means there's 17 bantam A teams that are better on top of the Bantam AA teams. St. Cloud, Alex, and Sartell all still had higher ranked youth teams. I hate to break it to you but the Flyers are not contenders this year.
I said that their bantam team was probably the best out of the public programs in this section.. Check their head to head scores on YHH against the other programs. St Cloud feeds a few HS programs with their Bantams so hard to call who got what..

Guarantee?
Even with the three schools in St. Cloud Little Falls still is not better than Sartell, Fergus, or Alex. And the bantams that move up to high school will be playing against kids 2-3 years older than them who have played at the high school level for awhile. I'm not saying the Flyers won't be good. But they just aren't contenders this year.
Little Falls 6
Zombie safe haven 3
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

MrBoDangles wrote:
CornerBar wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote: I said that their bantam team was probably the best out of the public programs in this section.. Check their head to head scores on YHH against the other programs. St Cloud feeds a few HS programs with their Bantams so hard to call who got what..

Guarantee?
Even with the three schools in St. Cloud Little Falls still is not better than Sartell, Fergus, or Alex. And the bantams that move up to high school will be playing against kids 2-3 years older than them who have played at the high school level for awhile. I'm not saying the Flyers won't be good. But they just aren't contenders this year.
Little Falls 6
Zombie safe haven 3
BOOM!
SmallTownBigDreams

Fergus vs Cathedral

Post by SmallTownBigDreams »

Was able to attend the Cathedral vs Fergus Falls game, was a fairly good game back and forth for the most part. Cathedral was able to pull away after a short handed goal to put them up over the Otters 4-3, looked as if Fergus just ran out of gas. Will probably be a different story once Mann and Nathe, two of Fergus's top players, return.
GraniteCity22

Re: Fergus vs Cathedral

Post by GraniteCity22 »

SmallTownBigDreams wrote:Was able to attend the Cathedral vs Fergus Falls game, was a fairly good game back and forth for the most part. Cathedral was able to pull away after a short handed goal to put them up over the Otters 4-3, looked as if Fergus just ran out of gas. Will probably be a different story once Mann and Nathe, two of Fergus's top players, return.
I was there as well. Thought Cathedral controlled the pace and play the first and third, but flat in the second. Would agree that Neu's shorty was the nail in Fergus's Coffin.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Can someone tell us about how bad cathedrals systems are please?
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

notTONIGHT wrote:Can someone tell us about how bad cathedrals systems are please?
Just give it a couple years! :shock:
BP

Post by BP »

notTONIGHT wrote:Can someone tell us about how bad cathedrals systems are please?
1:37am you posted this...Did you got this at closing time or at an after bar kegger? Also, did you ever tell Derrik to his face how you didn't agree with his systems or wait till he's gone, then bash him? Sure took care of your brother for the past 3 years!
Hockey7326

Post by Hockey7326 »

Awful. Simply put awful. I haven't seen that many turnovers in the defensive zone by a team of that caliber ever. They are a an all offense team, and they have the firepower to put up some goals, but any team that plays solid defensively(Apollo) should be able to slow them down and might be able to stop this team and capitalize on their poor d-zone play. Should be another great year in section 6A.
Hockey7326

Post by Hockey7326 »

GraniteCity22 wrote:
SmallTownBigDreams wrote:Was able to attend the Cathedral vs Fergus Falls game, was a fairly good game back and forth for the most part. Cathedral was able to pull away after a short handed goal to put them up over the Otters 4-3, looked as if Fergus just ran out of gas. Will probably be a different story once Mann and Nathe, two of Fergus's top players, return.
I was there as well. Thought Cathedral controlled the pace and play the first and third, but flat in the second. Would agree that Neu's shorty was the nail in Fergus's Coffin.
I thought this game was at lot closer than the score may have indicated. Fergus appeared to be short on the bench and once they get Nathe and Mann back they should be fairly solid. But they're goaltender is shaky at best. I noticed Nathe walking around in his jumpsuit and he has definitely put on a few since he left the team and it might take him some time to get back into game shape. I think in this game in particular however had Fergus buried on some of their chances they could have taken this one from the Crusaders.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

BP wrote:
1:37am you posted this...Did you got this at closing time or at an after bar kegger? Also, did you ever tell Derrik to his face how you didn't agree with his systems or wait till he's gone, then bash him? Sure took care of your brother for the past 3 years!
2 things.

1. This wasnt a shot at Derrick, it was a shot at the clown formerly interested in 3A on this board claiming coach Brown was awful.

2. I dont live in the same time zone as you, and I work in the evening.

But i hope you enjoyed lashing out at me. Happy Thanksgiving !
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

notTONIGHT wrote:
BP wrote:
2 things.

1. This wasnt a shot at Derrick, it was a shot at the clown formerly interested in 3A on this board claiming coach Brown was awful.

2. I dont live in the same time zone as you, and I work in the evening.

But i hope you enjoyed lashing out at me. Happy Thanksgiving !
Kegger tonight for a spelling bee notTONIGHT! BP btw he took care of ONE player and where is he now? Ask the CHILL⛄️⛄️⛄️
SmallTownBigDreams

Post by SmallTownBigDreams »

Hockey7326 wrote:
GraniteCity22 wrote:
I thought this game was at lot closer than the score may have indicated. Fergus appeared to be short on the bench and once they get Nathe and Mann back they should be fairly solid. But they're goaltender is shaky at best. I noticed Nathe walking around in his jumpsuit and he has definitely put on a few since he left the team and it might take him some time to get back into game shape. I think in this game in particular however had Fergus buried on some of their chances they could have taken this one from the Crusaders.
I have the pleasure of knowing Nathe fairly well and he is in pretty good shape as is, he gained around 15 pounds of muscle in the off season, he told me apparently he's been running everyday. Also has been doing double practices to get back into shape, I watched him the other day and he seems to be in pretty decent shape, if not one of the best on the team.
GraniteCity22

Post by GraniteCity22 »

Could someone explain what I am missing? ^^^^
Hockey7326

Post by Hockey7326 »

SmallTownBigDreams wrote:
Hockey7326 wrote:
GraniteCity22 wrote: I was there as well. Thought Cathedral controlled the pace and play the first and third, but flat in the second. Would agree that Neu's shorty was the nail in Fergus's Coffin.
I have the pleasure of knowing Nathe fairly well and he is in pretty good shape as is, he gained around 15 pounds of muscle in the off season, he told me apparently he's been running everyday. Also has been doing double practices to get back into shape, I watched him the other day and he seems to be in pretty decent shape, if not one of the best on the team.
Perhaps that is what I saw then, extra muscle rather than fat. He should be a huge addition back into this lineup. Good to hear that he isn't letting his off-ice issues hurt the rest of his season, and good for him to get back into shape.