Chitown How are the Mn Bantams playing w/00's

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

JSR

Re: Wisconsin Tier I

Post by JSR »

O-townClown wrote:
JSR wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:How many tier 1 teams do you have in your state?
Three Tier 1 clubs... we could probably use four legitimately but MN Hockey keeps us from having a fourth in our most natural spot for having a fourth.
Milwaukee Admirals
Madison Capitals
Green Bay Gamblers
Team Wisconsin

Isn't it 4 if you count the before and after team?
I generally don't count Team Wisconsin in discussions on the youth discussion board for two reasons. #1 because they are only a B&A team. and #2) and more importantly they are only for Bantam Majors, U16 and U18 and that is it. They do not have teams at any of the "youth ages" as I call them. I guess I could have included them here since we were talking about Bantams in the OP but again my thought process just doesn't think like that. But yes with TW B&A team there are four. So to keep in line with the conversation TW does pull from all over the state but per WAHA by laws is not allowed to pull from anywhere outside the state. To play for TW your family must reside in WI (aka pay taxes here) and attend a WI high school.
JSR

Re: Wisconsin Tier I

Post by JSR »

JSR wrote:
O-townClown wrote:
JSR wrote: Three Tier 1 clubs... we could probably use four legitimately but MN Hockey keeps us from having a fourth in our most natural spot for having a fourth.
Milwaukee Admirals
Madison Capitals
Green Bay Gamblers
Team Wisconsin

Isn't it 4 if you count the before and after team?
I generally don't count Team Wisconsin in discussions on the youth discussion board for two reasons. #1 because they are only a B&A team. and #2) and more importantly they are only for Bantam Majors, U16 and U18 and that is it. They do not have teams at any of the "youth ages" as I call them as a [prerequisite for TW is that you have to be in high school and playing for a WI high school team in the winter. I guess I could have included them here since we were talking about Bantams in the OP and there is some cross over with youth in bantams but again my thought process just doesn't think like that. But yes with TW B&A team there are four. So to keep in line with the conversation TW does pull from all over the state but per WAHA by laws is not allowed to pull from anywhere outside the state. To play for TW your family must reside in WI (aka pay taxes here) and attend a WI high school.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

After E.P. this weekend I would guess Sibley and EP would have done well down there as well. I hear ten or fifteen Mn teams plan on treveling to Chi town next year. :shock: