Section 3A : 2015-2016

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

BP wrote:Tony Smeds (rollCardsRoll), where are you? Funny how you rip Redwood when you beat them by 45 goals for pulling their goalie, but nowhere to be found when you lose. I'm at a loss of words.
What happened to the "Russian Red Army Team"? Thought they could just show up and notch a W.
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

BP wrote:Tony Smeds (rollCardsRoll), where are you? Funny how you rip Redwood when you beat them by 45 goals for pulling their goalie, but nowhere to be found when you lose. I'm at a loss of words.
Where did all the peacocks go??? Word has it that the Luverne goalie was pulled last night.

......don't forget your towel.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

Corn Cobb wrote:
Where did all the peacocks go??? Word has it that the Luverne goalie was pulled last night.

Got out coached and out played simply! Choked! Nothing more to the story.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Better b2 Bantam/Class AA girls team came to town and took em out to the woodshed.

Roll Cards Roll?
lamplighter98

Post by lamplighter98 »

Sats81 wrote:Better b2 Bantam/Class AA girls team came to town and took em out to the woodshed.

Roll Cards Roll?
4-3 that's an absolute woodshed beating!!
hawkenjonny

Post by hawkenjonny »

Huh. I really thought the hub had it wrong and decided to check the 3A faithful for the recap. Whiner, sounds like the same story as last years section final against a weaker team. With the offensive power on this team, you have to question team defense (which someone down there, Herb?, said was stronger this year??? Not.). Too much one man show? No leadership? Let down game? Maybe it is not a bad time for a reality check. January is better than section final game. Again.
Just wondering what thoughts are on this head scratcher. GR has had a few where I wonder what team I am watching too so I know the feeling.
lamplighter98

Post by lamplighter98 »

hawkenjonny wrote:Huh. I really thought the hub had it wrong and decided to check the 3A faithful for the recap. Whiner, sounds like the same story as last years section final against a weaker team. With the offensive power on this team, you have to question team defense (which someone down there, Herb?, said was stronger this year??? Not.). Too much one man show? No leadership? Let down game? Maybe it is not a bad time for a reality check. January is better than section final game. Again.
Just wondering what thoughts are on this head scratcher. GR has had a few where I wonder what team I am watching too so I know the feeling.
Reality check, wake up call, whatever you want to call it, we'll have to see if that's what it was. Not sure what happened in the first (besides being down 3-0) but the change in the net certainly was a boost. RV played physical and Luverne certainly missed some golden opportunities. Taking nothing away from RV, because they earned that W.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Dude pulled his goalie down ten goals. That's the only redwood bashing I've ever done.

Biggest win for that program ever.

Congrats to Stremcha and crew.

Carry on.
HILARY2016

Post by HILARY2016 »

Whiner33 wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:

It is difficult to be the 1st coach replacing such a good one. Things will get better.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

HILARY2016 wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote: Where did all the peacocks go??? Word has it that the Luverne goalie was pulled last night.

It is difficult to be the 1st coach replacing such a good one. Things will get better.

You need help. Real life psychiatric help. Reminiscing about the way you used to roast your son on here is mind blowing. Derrick didn't deserve any of the stuff you said. The discovery of it being his own father saying all that under the section 3a hockey Scout account really opened eyes of alot of people.
I hope you get what you need.
SouthernMinnFan

Post by SouthernMinnFan »

Luverne's old coach was a joke. Had some success because of the high end talent in a bad section. It is not like he developed that talent. Those kids came into his team exactly where they left it. Plus, he did a terrible job of actually getting those kids playing to their potential, overplayed his top line, and under his watch moved 1 kid onto junior A hockey, even though he was a potential USHL kid before they convinced him to stay. Luverne is good to be rid of you. And, having family in Winona, where you were run out of that town, thank god you left when you did.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

HILARY2016 wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote: Where did all the peacocks go??? Word has it that the Luverne goalie was pulled last night.

We're still trying to fix all the mistakes from the last regime but glad you don't look in the mirror very often! Do those St. Cloud people proud Hilary!
SouthernMinnFan

Post by SouthernMinnFan »

As to the actual hockey, I was not at the game, a friend of mine was, only thing he said was Luverne did not want to go to the hard areas. Sorry kids that's where you score goals.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

The plot thickens! Hey mods, please change title of this thread to "The young and the Restless" !!!
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

SouthernMinnFan wrote:Luverne's old coach was a joke. Had some success because of the high end talent in a bad section. It is not like he developed that talent. Those kids came into his team exactly where they left it. Plus, he did a terrible job of actually getting those kids playing to their potential, overplayed his top line, and under his watch moved 1 kid onto junior A hockey, even though he was a potential USHL kid before they convinced him to stay. Luverne is good to be rid of you. And, having family in Winona, where you were run out of that town, thank god you left when you did.
Amen brother!
wooshlager

drama

Post by wooshlager »

Wait, wait, wait, wait.

Let me get this straight.

3A hockey scout is the father of Luverne's old coach that moved on this year?

The guy that continuously bashed Luverne's coaching the past 3 years?

Hahahaha this is too good.
Last edited by wooshlager on Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

Sats81 wrote:The plot thickens! Hey mods, please change title of this thread to "The young and the Restless" !!!
There's a reason this is the most entertaining thread on this forum! :lol:
Sats81

Re: drama

Post by Sats81 »

wooshlager wrote:Wait, wait, wait, wait.

LOL, wait even more....I thought Hilary was formerly trout who is former Luverne coach's father...? So is Hilary formerly Trout and 3A hockey scout?!?

This is too good to be true.
HILARY2016

Post by HILARY2016 »

Taylor, Brown, earn John Mariucci Awards 2014
Coach of the Year awards
Section 3A
Head Coach—Derrick Brown, Luverne
Assistant Coach—Kullen Schroht, Luverne[/img]
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

HILARY2016 wrote:Taylor, Brown, earn John Mariucci Awards 2014
Coach of the Year awards
Section 3A
Head Coach—Derrick Brown, Luverne
Assistant Coach—Kullen Schroht, Luverne[/img]
Go tuck them in bed!
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Sats81 wrote:

LOL, wait even more....I thought Hilary was formerly trout who is former Luverne coach's father...? So is Hilary formerly Trout and 3A hockey scout?!?

Yes. But trout was a nickname for 3a hockey Scout
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

notTONIGHT wrote:
Sats81 wrote:

Yes. But trout was a nickname for 3a hockey Scout
Thanks for the clarification! Hot water!
HILARY2016

Post by HILARY2016 »

3Ahockeyscout(best moniker ever, feel the irony) ripped on the coach of Luverne yet it was his son? And may have been a fish? Yet the coach honors this dad in the Princeton Union Eagle with nothing but praise.

Hockey in Southwest Minnesota was in its infancy at the time, Brown recalled.

“The first year, we had no wins until mid-January,” he said.

“It’s amazing to think that five years later we were at state,” Brown said.

Brown’s parents Wally and Elaine Brown still live in Milaca, but spend a lot of time rooting for the red of Luverne instead of the red of the Wolves.

Wally Brown is the former volleyball and wrestling coach at Pierz High School, and brings a lot of knowledge to his son.

“Dad, he helps out a lot,” Brown said. “He was a role model for me growing up, so it’s been great.”

Wally and Elaine are on the road a lot as honorary Cardinal fans.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

HILARY2016 wrote:3Ahockeyscout(best moniker ever, feel the irony) ripped on the coach of Luverne yet it was his son? And may have been a fish? Yet the coach honors this dad in the Princeton Union Eagle with nothing but praise.

Brown’s parents Wally and Elaine Brown still live in Milaca, but spend a lot of time rooting for the red of Luverne instead of the red of the Wolves.

Wally Brown is the former volleyball and wrestling coach at Pierz High School, and brings a lot of knowledge to his son.

“Dad, he helps out a lot,” Brown said. “He was a role model for me growing up, so it’s been great.”

This proves how strange it was
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

notTONIGHT wrote:
HILARY2016 wrote:3Ahockeyscout(best moniker ever, feel the irony) ripped on the coach of Luverne yet it was his son? And may have been a fish? Yet the coach honors this dad in the Princeton Union Eagle with nothing but praise.

This proves how strange it was
So if his name is Wally, why did you call him trout?