Top three privates

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

pepperpot

Top three privates

Post by pepperpot »

I see the state league still is closing its eyes to the advantage the privates are holding over publics. The top three teams in A are all privates. Top AA is private. All recruit and make the best teams their dads can afford. I heard a senior from New Brighton transferred to United without moving and she's there top goal scorer? If its true how does that work? Couldn't do it last year so they had to beef up their team? Must make United feel good that they did what they had to get in the tournament again. Gotta make her old teammates feel good knowing she abandoned them with the hopes of a ribbon. Last time United cried the blues because another private broke the rules and they ended up getting in without earning it. Now they recruit and will try to worm their way in again. Nice lesson to teach our young hockey girls. Win at any cost, right? Hey State League, how about putting all the privates in one section? Or better yet, make them play in there own tournament. Hockey is becoming a rich persons sport and this makes the situation worse, especially for the girls who are struggling to find numbers. More coops, less teams, stronger privates. Anyone want to take a bet that a private wins both A and AA this year? The idiots at the state are ruining the sport and something better be done before its too late. :evil:
nu2hockey

Re: Top three privates

Post by nu2hockey »

pepperpot wrote:I see the state league still is closing its eyes to the advantage the privates are holding over publics. The top three teams in A are all privates. Top AA is private. All recruit and make the best teams their dads can afford. I heard a senior from New Brighton transferred to United without moving and she's there top goal scorer? If its true how does that work? Couldn't do it last year so they had to beef up their team? Must make United feel good that they did what they had to get in the tournament again. Gotta make her old teammates feel good knowing she abandoned them with the hopes of a ribbon. Last time United cried the blues because another private broke the rules and they ended up getting in without earning it. Now they recruit and will try to worm their way in again. Nice lesson to teach our young hockey girls. Win at any cost, right? Hey State League, how about putting all the privates in one section? Or better yet, make them play in there own tournament. Hockey is becoming a rich persons sport and this makes the situation worse, especially for the girls who are struggling to find numbers. More coops, less teams, stronger privates. Anyone want to take a bet that a private wins both A and AA this year? The idiots at the state are ruining the sport and something better be done before its too late. :evil:
Why don'the you lay out your case for private schools having an advantage over public instead of blathering on about SPU???
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

If the privates don't play their own state tournament, then there should just be one state tourney. I would have no problem with that. It would work out rather well. There are 116 teams? Create a 7 game bracket and give (do I have my math right) the top 12 or so teams first-round byes. Play the brackets. Imagine you end up this year with, say,

Hill Murray
Breck
Blake
St. Paul United
Minnetonka
Eden Prairie
Edina
Maple Grove

then match up the privates and the publics on each side and end up with a public/private final.

I think what might be just as disconcerting is how the outstate programs are falling away. You have to get to #17 in the KRACH rankings to find Warroad.
Knight7

Post by Knight7 »

Pepper.
I heard a senior from New Brighton transferred to United without moving and she's there top goal scorer? If its true how does that work? Couldn't do it last year so they had to beef up their team? Must make United feel good that they did what they had to get in the tournament again. Gotta make her old teammates feel good knowing she abandoned them with the hopes of a ribbon. Last time United cried the blues because another private broke the rules and they ended up getting in without earning it. Now they recruit and will try to worm their way in again. Nice lesson to teach our young hockey girls. Win at any cost, right?

Not true at all. The HS league knows all about it. Her family lives St. Paul. Her reasons why is not yours or anyone else's to question.

You can go on the Private vs Public thing all you want although it has been beaten to death in here. But don't go on this site or any other when you don't have the facts.