Wayzata at Rapids

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

northwoods oldtimer

Wayzata at Rapids

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Its the battle of drama queens 2016. Trojans 4 - Injuns 2
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Rapids rolls.5-1
boblee

Re: Wayzata at Rapids

Post by boblee »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:Its the battle of drama queens 2016. Trojans 4 - Injuns 2
Have you ever picked Grand Rapids to win?
northwoods oldtimer

Re: Wayzata at Rapids

boblee wrote:
northwoods oldtimer wrote:Its the battle of drama queens 2016. Trojans 4 - Injuns 2
Have you ever picked Grand Rapids to win?
not that I can recall :P
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

shaping up to be a great game.
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

Missed watching Trojan/Tonka game but heard it was a well played game by Trojans. It appears as if Oleary has settled on lines and it is paying off. As to this game, the first period will determine if Wayzata has any gas left in tank from bus ride and battle 24 hours before. Trojans may not know what hit them if they limp into game and they may find themselves down 3 goals right away in front of a raucous crowd. Will be interesting to see if Oleary plays Schilling back to back games. Heard Schilling played very well against Tonka and definitely appears to be cured of his mid-season swoon. Prediction: Whoever scores first wins. GB
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Wish I did not have to drive to Mpls this afternoon.

I am going with Wayzata by 2 (ENG).
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

I would think it will be another good game to watch. Like I have stated before, this has been an enjoyable team to watch this winter.
I'll take the Injuns 5-4 in OT.
grindiangrad-80

1-0 Wayzata after 1. Well played game so far. Shots are 12-3 GR.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Rapids up 2-1 after 2.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
GOPHERFAN119

Post by GOPHERFAN119 »

Final Wayzata 3 Grand Rapids 2
grindiangrad-80

Wayzata scores 2 goals in 13 seconds late in 3rd to get the comeback. Congrats to the Trojans. Another well played game by both teams.
TooManyEagles

Post by TooManyEagles »

GOPHERFAN119 wrote:Final Wayzata 3 Grand Rapids 2
The roller coaster ride has been fun this year. Sounds like this game was Wayzata's season in a nutshell.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Wayzata has been on fire lately. Hope they keep it up and make a run in 6. For Rapids, gotta game tomorrow, move onto that and keep getting better for the playoffs.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
grindiangrad-80

TheHockeyDJ wrote:Wayzata has been on fire lately. Hope they keep it up and make a run in 6. For Rapids, gotta game tomorrow, move onto that and keep getting better for the playoffs.
Yep. Spot on DJ.
northwoods oldtimer

TheHockeyDJ wrote:Wayzata has been on fire lately. Hope they keep it up and make a run in 6. For Rapids, gotta game tomorrow, move onto that and keep getting better for the playoffs.
Agreed, have to move on to Saturday. For Rapids its a tough loss to a good team. Wayzata is getting hot.
hawkeysauce89

Despicable Play by GR

Post by hawkeysauce89 »

W.
Last edited by hawkeysauce89 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bluelightspecial-II

Re: Despicable Play by GR

Post by Bluelightspecial-II »

hawkeysauce89 wrote:Adams' (their TEAM CAPTAIN) best hit of the night came against Wayzata's goalie. I really hope Klatt doesn't encourage that on a nightly basis. Multiple instances where they tried running up on the tender. There's no place for that in high school hockey. I guess thats what a trashy teams resort to when they know they don't have the firepower to win with pride. GR thinks they have the cream of the crop every year LOL. Low IQ's usually translate to bone headed plays - thanks for proving this yet again, GR!!!
Coming from a fan of the team with one of the cheepest players in the metro! Lol!!!
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

Hockey is a fast pace physical game that isn't meant to be played by the timid. Quit being babies you two. I'd take both of those players and the goalie on my squad every day of the week. GB
Bluelightspecial-II

GoldenBear wrote:Hockey is a fast pace physical game that isn't meant to be played by the timid. Quit being babies you two. I'd take both of those players and the goalie on my squad every day of the week. GB
Hey Winnie... Thanks for pointing this out. I would be happy to have both on our squad as well. Didn't really care for his first post. Kinda the pot calling the kettle black.
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

I get your comeback and yes kettle pot analogy. Also I'm old but is the Winnie reference about a bear who likes honey? Made me laugh if that's the case thanks for the humor GB
Bluelightspecial-II

GoldenBear wrote:I get your comeback and yes kettle pot analogy. Also I'm old but is the Winnie reference about a bear who likes honey? Made me laugh if that's the case thanks for the humor GB
Spot on, I was hoping you would see the humor in it!
thegreatone99

Post by thegreatone99 »

Regardless of outcome, great opportunity for the Halloween Machine to tune up for sections!
badgermom78

Post by badgermom78 »

TooManyEagles wrote:
GOPHERFAN119 wrote:Final Wayzata 3 Grand Rapids 2
The roller coaster ride has been fun this year. Sounds like this game was Wayzata's season in a nutshell.
Wayzata is definitely on upswing. They will tough to beat in sections.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Bluelightspecial-II wrote:
GoldenBear wrote:Hockey is a fast pace physical game that isn't meant to be played by the timid. Quit being babies you two. I'd take both of those players and the goalie on my squad every day of the week. GB
Hey Winnie... Thanks for pointing this out. I would be happy to have both on our squad as well. Didn't really care for his first post. Kinda the pot calling the kettle black.
Who is your "squad"? :roll: :roll: