Pioneers v Lumberjacks

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Pioneers
28%
Lumberjacks
72%

Total votes: 18

elliott70

Re: HM - Bemidji

Post by elliott70 »

mnmouth wrote:
stpaul wrote:Road teams are 8-6 in the HM - Moorhead series over the past 14 years. HM has won their last 5 games in Moorhead. I don't think the long bus ride hurts.
Likely makes some difference. Riding on I-94 is a lot easier than taking the goat paths up to Bemidji.
Talk to HM people. Their boys came up Monday. No long bus ride up.
Long ride home.
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

I can now comfortably state that I have absolutely no idea what this team is. Games go really well or really poorly. They don't have an identity right now, ands it's awfully late in the season to be trying to figure it out.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

warriors41 wrote:
mnmouth wrote:
stpaul wrote:Road teams are 8-6 in the HM - Moorhead series over the past 14 years. HM has won their last 5 games in Moorhead. I don't think the long bus ride hurts.
Likely makes some difference. Riding on I-94 is a lot easier than taking the goat paths up to Bemidji.
Would you give northern MN some credit? We don't have goat paths anymore. We upgraded to gravel roads two years ago...
Yeah, and our last wagon train closed its business last year.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

east hockey wrote:Yeah, and our last wagon train closed its business last year.
Lee
AND more impressively now you've got internet too. Just need to upgrade from those 56k phone modems. :wink:
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Back in the 70's, there were a lot of dead ponies between Akley and Bemidji!
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
east hockey wrote:Yeah, and our last wagon train closed its business last year.
Lee
AND more impressively now you've got internet too. Just need to upgrade from those 56k phone modems. :wink:
But I like the handshake signal when the connection is being made!

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

mulefarm wrote:Back in the 70's, there were a lot of dead ponies between Akley and Bemidji!
Now those ponies have migrated south to Stillwater, and they're waiting to welcome Hill whenever the wagon train makes its way back to 4AA-land.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Wow, congrats to the Jacks, will have to check out the box score
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

east hockey wrote:
warriors41 wrote:
mnmouth wrote: Likely makes some difference. Riding on I-94 is a lot easier than taking the goat paths up to Bemidji.
Would you give northern MN some credit? We don't have goat paths anymore. We upgraded to gravel roads two years ago...
Yeah, and our last wagon train closed its business last year.

Lee
Dang it, we left over a year ago, now what are we suposed to do with all these beaver pelts that were going to England for hats? Even with the price of oats at $1.65 a gallon we will lose money. Flannel land, can't trust 'em I say.
FadedRedLine

Post by FadedRedLine »

Can someone confirm that Hill only had 12 shots on goal?
GoldenBear69

Post by GoldenBear69 »

SOG - HM-13 BEM-32

HM tallied their 2nd goal on the PP with :04 remaining.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

FadedRedLine wrote:Can someone confirm that Hill only had 12 shots on goal?
It was 15 or 16 I think.

But I will check.

It was 13.

32 to 13
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Hill did have two quality opportunities where they missed the net.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Looks like Copiskey is back 100 percent.

Elliott was right, Pioneers must have gotten bus legs
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

WestMetro wrote:Looks like Copiskey is back 100 percent.

They got there Monday night Gramps. No excuses.
BlueLineSpecial

Sats81 wrote:

My understanding is that the team was intentionally food poisoned at dinner the night before at a local Bemidji restaurant. Fire alarms were also apparently pulled the entire evening in the hotel they were staying in. Just classless behavior by Lumberjack fans.

-Signed,
Just Kidding
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Man, this Brrrrrrmidji team is sure stingy on defense. They could create some real problems for people in March.
thegreatone99

Post by thegreatone99 »

wishful & hoping.... Here comes the purple axe :P :P :P :P
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
Sats81 wrote:

My understanding is that the team was intentionally food poisoned at dinner the night before at a local Bemidji restaurant. Fire alarms were also apparently pulled the entire evening in the hotel they were staying in. Just classless behavior by Lumberjack fans.

-Signed,
Just Kidding
You forgot about the local girls stopping by to visit.
BlueLineSpecial

elliott70 wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote:
Sats81 wrote: They got there Monday night Gramps. No excuses.

-Signed,
Just Kidding
Its really inappropriate to send ladies from the local 'dance studio' to the hotel, plying young men with their wares. And the fact that they sent their B squad was even more hurtful
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote: My understanding is that the team was intentionally food poisoned at dinner the night before at a local Bemidji restaurant. Fire alarms were also apparently pulled the entire evening in the hotel they were staying in. Just classless behavior by Lumberjack fans.

-Signed,
Just Kidding
Its really inappropriate to send ladies from the local 'dance studio' to the hotel, plying young men with their wares. And the fact that they sent their B squad was even more hurtful
Middle school girls helping them with their homework so they can stay eligible.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

I don't understand why this wasn't scheduled on a Friday evening or Saturday, preferably in the afternoon. I think it was last year or the year before HM played Marshall on a weeknight. It's a good excuse to get out of town for a day or overnight in the middle of winter.

Absolutely correct that this HM team is a puzzle and that it's way too late in the year for that.

Best scenario for Hill now is that Stillwater gets large heads after last week and Hill wants to even the score at the end of Feb. But this performance against the Lumberjacks does not bode well.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:I don't understand why this wasn't scheduled on a Friday evening or Saturday, preferably in the afternoon. I think it was last year or the year before HM played Marshall on a weeknight. It's a good excuse to get out of town for a day or overnight in the middle of winter.

Absolutely correct that this HM team is a puzzle and that it's way too late in the year for that.

Best scenario for Hill now is that Stillwater gets large heads after last week and Hill wants to even the score at the end of Feb. But this performance against the Lumberjacks does not bode well.
Jacks may not beat Benilde, would be a good game with EP, and
probably beat everyone else.
I have watched almost every AA top team play and it was only one game but hav enot seen anyone that the Jacks could not play with

It was scheduled after last year's state tournament and I am sure finding a common date was difficult.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

elliott70 wrote:
East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:I don't understand why this wasn't scheduled on a Friday evening or Saturday, preferably in the afternoon. I think it was last year or the year before HM played Marshall on a weeknight. It's a good excuse to get out of town for a day or overnight in the middle of winter.

Jacks may not beat Benilde, would be a good game with EP, and
I have watched almost every AA top team play and it was only one game but hav enot seen anyone that the Jacks could not play with

It was scheduled after last year's state tournament and I am sure finding a common date was difficult.
Pretty bold statement Elliott. I got Jacks coming outta 8AA no question, but would "probably beat everyone else" other than EP and BSM?

Would love for them to come down to Ames to take on LN boys or vice versa. Can you make it happen? Scrimmage? Talk to Chiodo.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Sats81 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

Let of beating B They are capable GYinAbsolutely correct that this HM team is a puzzle and that it's way too late in athe year for that.
S
T
sJacks may not beat Benilde, would be a good game with EP, and
r
Pretty bold statement Elliott. I got Jacks coming outta 8AA no question, but would "probably beat everyone else" other than EP and BSM?

Would love for them to come down to Ames to take on LN boys or vice versa. Can you make it happen? Scrimmage? Talk to Chiodo.
No, just Benilde.
Just saying everyone else is capable of losing and Jacks play as fast or faster than the other top 15 and have 3 strong lines 5 tough D and a very capable goalie, so, yes they could beat anyone, except Benilde. The RK have not lost, so, like LN last year, are unbeatable.. If / when they get beat then they may join the list as to who the Jacks could beat.

Just look at the games this year. You think Wayzata may be the team, DJ and the boys thought GR would be invincible.... Well it's proven out that everybody is beatable but 1, so far.

Would love to have LN come up. Your boys could see BSU and their fine rink, Bemidji great HS rink and I could buy you dinner. And of course there would be a good game.