Undefeated & Winless Teams

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hard water fan

Post by Hard water fan »

SPU- Schedule gets a little harder at the end, but definitely not tough...section is one of the three easiest in both classes.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Undefeated Teams (as of 12/30/15)
Hill-Murray
St. Paul United

Winless Teams (as of 12/30/15)
Crookston
North Metro
Rosemount
Winona
Worthington/Fulda

No change in either group during the past week, but there were some close calls. SPU barely got past Shakopee, 1-0 in OT on Monday, then beat Hastings by just a single goal (3-2) yesterday. They get a serious test next Tuesday when they face Blake.

Hill-Murray could also come up against Blake in the semifinals of the Kaposia tournament should they each beat their opponent (Jefferson and Mounds View respectively) in the quarterfinals tomorrow.

North Metro nearly escaped from the winless column twice more, after tying Princeton 3-3 back on the 17th. They tied Duluth 4-4 on Monday, then lost a heartbreaker in overtime (4-5) to Cloquet-Esko-Carlton today.

Meanwhile Winona lost twice by lopsided scores and the other three winless teams were idle.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

In the past two days the undefeated status of Hill-Murray and St. Paul United was severely tested, but they each remain on the list. The Pioneers were tied by Blake 2-2 yesterday, and today United was tied by unranked Park of Cottage Grove, 3-3. Needless to say they better crank it up several notches as the face Blake on Tuesday.

And the Winless Teams list is down by one: congratulations to Crookston on their 6-4 win over Minot, ND!

Undefeated Teams (as of 1/2/16)
Hill-Murray
St. Paul United

Winless Teams (as of 1/2/16)
North Metro
Rosemount
Winona
Worthington/Fulda
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

St. Paul United falls to Blake by a 1-3 score, leaving the Hill-Murray Pioneers as the State's lone unbeaten team.

And congratulations to North Metro on their first win of the season! After three recent ties, they beat Armstrong/Cooper 4-2, led by Leah Younkers and Emily Ach who scored two goals apiece.

Undefeated Teams (as of 1/5/16)
Hill-Murray

Winless Teams (as of 1/5/16)
Rosemount
Winona
Worthington/Fulda
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

No changes since last week:

Undefeated Teams (as of 1/11/16)
Hill-Murray (16-0-1)

Winless Teams (as of 1/11/16)
Rosemount (0-18-0)
Winona (0-19-1)
Worthington (0-15-0)

Hill-Murray had a much easier-than-expected 7-0 win over Chaska/Chanhassen on Saturday. Not to look ahead too much, but their next real big test comes against Maple Grove this coming Saturday, the 16th.

Winona came very close to winning their first on Saturday, but lost 2-3 to Austin. They get another crack at the Packers this Thursday.

Can't say it's looking good for Rosemount or Worthington...but of course in hockey you just never know.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Well Hill-Murray kind of did the undefeated thing tonight. Their last loss was against Maple Grove in the regular season last year. With their win over MG tonight, they've gone a whole season undefeated while winning the title (although it's spread over two seasons). Interesting, but meaningless...
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

HM will win 3rd AA title in a row this year. The Wolfman :lol:
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

wolfman wrote:HM will win 3rd AA title in a row this year. The Wolfman :lol:
When the WOLFMAN speaks, you better listen! ;)
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Still no changes on either list going back to January 5th:

Undefeated Teams (as of 1/17/16)
Hill-Murray (19-0-1)

Winless Teams (as of 1/17/16)
Rosemount (0-20-0)
Winona (0-22-1)
Worthington (0-16-0)

Hill-Murray was able to get past Maple Grove relatively easily yesterday, winning 4-1, and they'll be favored in their five remaining regular season games against Hastings, Wayzata, North/Tartan, South St. Paul and BSM.

Meanwhile all three teams on the winless list went scoreless in a total of six games played since the last update on the 11th. :cry:
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

The big news since the last update on the 17th is that Winona finally won a game and escapes the Winless List! Yes, they had to play a Wisconsin team (Viroqua) to do it, but a win's a win! Congratulations to the Winhawks for hanging in there and posting a 2-0 shutout, no less. :)

Meanwhile the other two winless teams have not fared well at all since the last update. Since the 17th, Rosemount has lost to Eastview, Shakopee, and Farmington by a combined score of 1-36. And with Worthington the story is much the same, having lost to New Ulm, Windom and Luverne by a total of 1-31.

On the positive side Hill-Murray has continued to roll, with recent wins over Hastings, Wayzata and North/Tartan. They will be heavily favored over their two remaining regular season opponents, South St. Paul and BSM...then on to section play.

Undefeated Teams (as of 1/27/16)
Hill-Murray (22-0-1)

Winless Teams (as of 1/27/16)
Rosemount (0-23-0)
Worthington (0-18-0)
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Congratulations to Hill-Murray on going undefeated during the regular season! They won their last two games, first routing South St. Paul 12-1 and then getting past Benilde-St. Margaret's by a 3-1 score (BSM's Anna DeGiulio made 57 saves in that game!).

And condolences to Rosemount and Worthington, the only two teams to not win a game in 2015-16. The Trojans nearly escaped from the winless column in their final game, losing by just one (2-3) to Windom. Hopefully better days lay ahead for both squads next season.

Undefeated Teams (end of regular season)
Hill-Murray (24-0-1)

Winless Teams (end of regular season)
Rosemount (0-25-0)
Worthington (0-19-0)
Last edited by MNHockeyFan on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

HM is the only one on the list that I think can run the table. They could win third title in a row and not lose a game this year imo. Totino and N Metro have to play each other so someone is getting a win or tie there. Cant wait for the Christmas Tourneys. Maybe a few upsets down in St. Paul. I hope every one has a happy thanksgiving. I will be feasting on a freshly killed doe. She was weak and could not keep up.. Laughing

Like I said back in November Hill will run the table. That doe was absolutely delicious on thanksgiving day and the Christmas tourney in St. Paul was ok. Blake-HM game was best Hs game I have ever seen with my own two eyes. Would be a great matchup for all the marbles this year but one of the teams plays class A hockey (booooooooooo)
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

wolfman wrote:PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

HM is the only one on the list that I think can run the table. They could win third title in a row and not lose a game this year imo. Totino and N Metro have to play each other so someone is getting a win or tie there. Cant wait for the Christmas Tourneys. Maybe a few upsets down in St. Paul. I hope every one has a happy thanksgiving. I will be feasting on a freshly killed doe. She was weak and could not keep up.. Laughing

Like I said back in November Hill will run the table. That doe was absolutely delicious on thanksgiving day and the Christmas tourney in St. Paul was ok. Blake-HM game was best Hs game I have ever seen with my own two eyes. Would be a great matchup for all the marbles this year but one of the teams plays class A hockey (booooooooooo)
Really went out on limb there with the Hill prediction :shock:
sinbin

Post by sinbin »

The only games that matter are the final 6. The first 25 are merely preparation for the final 6. HM has built a great team over the years and will be favored to win again, but still 6 more to go (5 for some).