Section 6A Seeds (Official)

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will represent Section 6A at the X?

Apollo
72%
Cathedral
21%
Sartell
7%
Little Falls
No votes

Total votes: 29

hockey9011

Section 6A Seeds (Official)

Post by hockey9011 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:48 am

1. St. Cloud Apollo
2. St. Cloud Cathedral
3. Sartell
4. Little Falls
5. Fergus Falls
6. St. Cloud Tech
7. Alexandria
8. River Lakes
9. Wadena Deer-Creek
10. Breckenridge-Wahpeton
11. Prairie Centre

mnhockey47

Re: Section 6A Seeds (Official)

Post by mnhockey47 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:53 am

hockey9011 wrote:1. St. Cloud Apollo
2. St. Cloud Cathedral
3. Sartell
4. Little Falls
5. Fergus Falls
6. St. Cloud Tech
7. Alexandria
8. River Lakes
9. Wadena Deer-Creek
10. Breckenridge-Wahpeton
11. Prairie Centre
What are peoples thoughts? Could be the most competitive section in the state.

BlueLine_D

Post by BlueLine_D » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:59 am

This is a section I could see going to any of the top seeds, however I think Apollo has to be the clear favorite. With that being said, I could see any of the 4-7 seeded teams pulling off an upset and beating Apollo, Cathedral, or Sartell in the quarters or semi's.

Ridingthepine29

Post by Ridingthepine29 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:49 am

I think I could see Little Falls beating Apollo, I couldn't see any more huge upsets though.

Ridingthepine29

Post by Ridingthepine29 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:22 pm

I think I could see Little Falls beating Apollo, I couldn't see any more huge upsets thought.

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:13 am

Ridingthepine29 wrote:I think I could see Little Falls beating Apollo, I couldn't see any more huge upsets thought.
Or, I could see LF losing to FF. LF needs to learn to win close games before I would feel any confidence in them beating Apollo, especially on Apollo's home ice. Not saying LF can't pull an upset, but they better come ready to play on Tuesday against FF.

BlueLine_D

Post by BlueLine_D » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:33 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Tech made some noise against Sartell in the 3-6 match-up. I don't think they have the consistency to make a run and win more than 2 games but they gave Apollo a run for their money the last time those two teams played and I think they could steal one in a cross-town rivalry.

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:16 am

Are there any notable injuries any of these top teams are currently dealing with?

BlueLine_D

Post by BlueLine_D » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:13 am

Mite-dad wrote:Are there any notable injuries any of these top teams are currently dealing with?
I'm not aware of any. I know Apollo has been relatively healthy throughout the year which is remarkable considering their limited roster size. Cathedral seemed to go through a few game stretch where a couple D-men were in/out but as far as I'm aware they're all healthy now.

slapshot18

Post by slapshot18 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:29 am

BlueLine_D wrote:
Mite-dad wrote:Are there any notable injuries any of these top teams are currently dealing with?
I'm not aware of any. I know Apollo has been relatively healthy throughout the year which is remarkable considering their limited roster size. Cathedral seemed to go through a few game stretch where a couple D-men were in/out but as far as I'm aware they're all healthy now.
I don't understand why Apollo would be combining with Tech in the future. Sauk Rapids is also struggling with numbers. Tech has no problem with numbers. If it is truly a coop for numbers, why isn't Apollo combining with Sauk Rapids?

BlueLine_D

Post by BlueLine_D » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:34 am

YHH article about the Cathedral/HF game says Cathedral was without their leading scorer which appears to be Logan Neu based on Hockey Hub. Does anyone know if he will be back playing tomorrow night? I was surprised by the effort by Cathedral Thursday night to only lose by 1 to a top 5 AA team in the last seconds, and to do it without their top scorer is even more impressive. They certainly seem to be going into playoffs strong.

RRubberbeeskit

A Real Barn Burner in Little Falls tonight!

Post by RRubberbeeskit » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:01 pm

Mite-dad wrote:
Ridingthepine29 wrote:I think I could see Little Falls beating Apollo, I couldn't see any more huge upsets thought.
Or, I could see LF losing to FF. LF needs to learn to win close games before I would feel any confidence in them beating Apollo, especially on Apollo's home ice. Not saying LF can't pull an upset, but they better come ready to play on Tuesday against FF.
WOW! What a great game between the Otters and the Flyers tonight!
A 4-3 Double OT victory for the Flyers. To me this was one of those games where the boys left every last ounce of blood sweat and tears on the ice. Both teams came to play and left it all where it belonged. I could not be any more proud of the boys on both of these teams. Congrats to the Flyers and good luck! I smell an Apollo upset comming!
Thank you to the Otters for finishing off a season the way it should be. They finished like champions and have every reason to hold their heads up high!

Mite-dad

Re: A Real Barn Burner in Little Falls tonight!

Post by Mite-dad » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:15 am

RRubberbeeskit wrote:
Mite-dad wrote:
WOW! What a great game between the Otters and the Flyers tonight!
A 4-3 Double OT victory for the Flyers. To me this was one of those games where the boys left every last ounce of blood sweat and tears on the ice. Both teams came to play and left it all where it belonged. I could not be any more proud of the boys on both of these teams. Congrats to the Flyers and good luck! I smell an Apollo upset comming!
Thank you to the Otters for finishing off a season the way it should be. They finished like champions and have every reason to hold their heads up high!
Agree totally! Too bad one of these teams had to be done. Fergus has some great classy kids. Felt bad for the seniors who played their last high school game.

Shotandagoal

Little Falls vs. FF Quaterfinal

Post by Shotandagoal » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:55 am

I totally agree. Great game last night. Great tempo, hard-fought, physical, cleanly played game. Great players with character on both teams. After the game guys from both teams exchanged hand shakes and some of the guys from both teams prayed together at mid-ice. Otters went through a lot as a team this year and showed great character. Section 6A Hockey is very good.

mnhockey47

Post by mnhockey47 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:27 am

Was anybody at the MAC last night that has some input on the games?

hockey9011

Post by hockey9011 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:40 am

I saw Sartell vs St. Cloud tech ended with a little brawl between a few kids that ended with their gloves and helmets off.. I'm assuming at least one Sartell player will be suspended for the semifinal with cathedral.

Hockey7326

Post by Hockey7326 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:47 am

mnhockey47 wrote:Was anybody at the MAC last night that has some input on the games?
Cathedral 5 Alexandria 2:
No Karki in net for Cathedral as he's battling an illness so Levinski stepped in and played fairly well for the Crusdaers. Still are on offensive team that can be vulnerable to a team that can score. Alex didn't play its greatest game, but still a nice win for the Crusaders.The question now is will they go with Levinski the rest of the way if he plays well? Next up no. 3 Sartell who they beat 6-1 on 12/28.

Apollo 7 River Lakes 2:
Good win for Apollo, the offense really showed up in this one. Players scored in bunches as they had 3 players with 2 goals. A little sloppy defensively compared to their norm but nothing I'm sure that couldn't be fixed. They were able to get all 5 of their defenseman rolling in the third to help save the legs of the top 3. Next up no. 4 Little Falls who they beat 3-2 in OT on 1/26.

Hockey7326

Post by Hockey7326 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:47 am

hockey9011 wrote:I saw Sartell vs St. Cloud tech ended with a little brawl between a few kids that ended with their gloves and helmets off.. I'm assuming at least one Sartell player will be suspended for the semifinal with cathedral.
Colin Johnson is the name I've heard

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:53 am

So Dan Wieber is back and ok? Heard he was a little dinged up????

Hockey7326

Post by Hockey7326 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:55 am

Mite-dad wrote:So Dan Wieber is back and ok? Heard he was a little dinged up????
Everyone on Apollo is healthy, Cathedral is without Karki, and Sartell is now from what I heard without Johnson due to suspension

blindref

Post by blindref » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:25 am

Hockey7326 wrote:
Mite-dad wrote:So Dan Wieber is back and ok? Heard he was a little dinged up????
Everyone on Apollo is healthy, Cathedral is without Karki, and Sartell is now from what I heard without Johnson due to suspension
No, Johnson was ejected last time they played for a Face mask penalty.
With 32 seconds left in the game, Jaden Ludwig boarded Tyler Lunderby who was going for a puck on the corner.
Tyler left the game with an apparently serious knee injury.
Mr.Ludwig then got into a fight with a Tech player.
Ludwig is not listed on the Sartell Hub roster and skated
off the ice to big cheers from the Sartell student section while
Lunderby was still being attended to on the ice.

hockey9011

Post by hockey9011 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:30 am

blindref wrote:
Hockey7326 wrote:
With 32 seconds left in the game, Jaden Ludwig boarded Tyler Lunderby who was going for a puck on the corner.
Yeah I just read that article that explained it.. Ludwig is a JV player who was getting some late minutes once Sartell went up by 3 late in the 3rd. Hope lunderby is alright, he is a pretty good player

Hockey7326

Post by Hockey7326 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:31 am

blindref wrote:
Hockey7326 wrote:
That's what I meant by suspension. He is suspended one game for grabbing the facemask. Also typical of the Sartell student section, classless as usual. Hope Lunderby is okay.

Shortshift

Post by Shortshift » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:45 am

Stay Classy Sartell!!! :roll:

BlueLine_D

Post by BlueLine_D » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:20 am

blindref wrote:
Hockey7326 wrote:
Is Cathedral without Karki for the rest of sections or was it just a one game deal? He seemed to be their go-to goalie over the last month so if he's out for the next game or two that could be a game changer.

Classic Sartell being the embarrassment of 6A. All I hear about the LF/FF game is how it was a hard fought game with both sides displaying class in victory and defeat, yet here's Sartell cheering for a player who just got kicked out for seriously injuring another player who hasn't even gotten up from the ice. Just sad.