Girl's Hockey Hub Playoff Coverage

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

puckdreams

Girl's Hockey Hub Playoff Coverage

Post by puckdreams » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:32 am

Considering that this is probably the most exciting time of the year for Girl's High School Hockey, I was looking for increased coverage from The Girl's Hockey Hub. However it seems that the coverage has tailed off, seems odd to me.
I was hoping for better.

Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:49 am

Understatement to say the least.
No articles since 2/4; some games still missing stats? Glad MNHock is on the ball

MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:32 am

I have nothing to add other than I agree.

observer

Post by observer » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:39 am

A website this size should have a content editor.
some games still missing stats?
Talk to your coach. He's in charge of the program.

Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:54 am

observer wrote:A website this size should have a content editor.
some games still missing stats?
Talk to your coach. He's in charge of the program.
Didn't know that. Stats only or are the coaches writing the articles too😎?

The Bone

Post by The Bone » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:04 am

Coaches/Individual HS Programs are responsible for Game Stats; Hub/Strib is responsible for coverage, articles, content, etc.,.

Tuesday Round Up Link Below:
- Nice information, however all info could be gleaned from reviewing game sheets. No photos, no interviews, no insights from the games themselves. Article is regurgitated Game Sheet information. Nice to have, but not reporting in my book!

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news_ar ... _id=868951

The Bone

Post by The Bone » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:33 am

The fact that the Hub still has the 7AA Section Final between Forest Lake and Elk River listed as taking place at the MARS Lakeview Arena in Duluth is disheartening also. Game was moved to Fogerty Arena days ago.

observer

Post by observer » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:20 am

Ask the coach to change it.

LZ94

Post by LZ94 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:00 pm

On Ms. hockey poll, they list one candidate as Carly Blake instead of Carly Bullock, who plays for Blake.

Either a bad try at humor, or a huge miss on one of the best players in the states last name.

Perhaps it was great one 99 trying to deface a private kid. :lol:

MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:55 am

LZ94 wrote:On Ms. hockey poll, they list one candidate as Carly Blake instead of Carly Bullock, who plays for Blake.

Either a bad try at humor, or a huge miss on one of the best players in the states last name.

Not even a passing thought about Forest Lake on the Hub but the privates got a lot of ink. As Common would say, GTO99 is either on to something, or he's on something. Congrats to the Forest Lake kids.

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:48 am

MN_Bowhunter wrote:Not even a passing thought about Forest Lake on the Hub but the privates got a lot of ink. As Common would say, GTO99 is either on to something, or he's on something. Congrats to the Forest Lake kids.
They're the only team NOT seeded No. 1 in either class to have made it...so far.

observer

Post by observer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:06 am

Stop wondering why. Some of the privates have a full time communications director that pump out a steady stream of press releases. It their paid responsibility to promote the school and students with public relations.

thegreatone99

Post by thegreatone99 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:30 am

MN_Bowhunter wrote:
LZ94 wrote:On Ms. hockey poll, they list one candidate as Carly Blake instead of Carly Bullock, who plays for Blake.

Not even a passing thought about Forest Lake on the Hub but the privates got a lot of ink. As Common would say, GTO99 is either on to something, or he's on something. Congrats to the Forest Lake kids.
FL is a great story, and what the tourney should represent. How many move-ins do they have to topple ER? Here is a community based team of girls and hopefully they can pull off some upsets and make a run. Or did they get transfers or recruits that are responsible for all their success this year?

36 must still be smarting from the over confidence and questioning the move. It's hard to come up empty two years in a row. He probably wishes they would have went to Blake.

BTW I did hack into the strib coverage to change the name to expose the Class AA #1 seed Blake.