MSHSL Rule Changes for 2016-17

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

36Guy

MSHSL Rule Changes for 2016-17

Post by 36Guy »

The MSHSL has announced the following rule changes for 2016-17

Rule 201.1: Any player that skates the puck over any 3 lines while possessing the puck will be considered a violation of the "skating end to end rule". This will be enforced like an icing, the whistle will blow and a face off will occur in the offending teams defensive zone, in addition, no line changes will be allowed.

Rule 201.2: The "pure hockey rule". Any player not born in the town they are currently enrolled at school in shall be deemed ineligible for 2 years. However, this player will be allowed to play JV to help the growth of girls hockey.

Rule 201.3 The "TGO99" or the Asterisk * rule. If a private school wins class A the records will show an "*" next to result AND clearly note the next non-private school as the "true" champion.

Rule 201.4 The "balance rule". Any school with an enrollment under 1500 and or under 500 per grade will get the help of an "Aid" to further balance competition when playing any private or Lake Conference school. This "Aid" will be issued to all parents prior to game, however, not turning this in at the end of a game will result in a forfeit. This "aid/H3" will be available starting in November of 2016 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPi35iEvjgE

Rule 201.5 The "Winny/AAA rule" any player found competing on any of Winny's team or any other elite team shall be deemed "detrimental to the sport and thus that player will be ineligible for 1 year. Again, this player will be allowed to play JV.

Rule 201.6 The "dinero" rule. All family's with a combined family income of over $125K will play in the "haves" division of the State Tournament which will be replacing what is known as the "AA" division.

Rule 201.7 The last rule change will be the "reimbursement rule". All girls hockey fees will be increased by $70 per player to "reimburse" elite teams like Minnetonka who had there hotel rooms and parade routes planned for winning state. These funds will then be issued to the parents to reimburse them for there "bad luck" and "poor reffing" should they not make it to state.

Any questions..please PM "thegreatone99" to clarify these rule changes
MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter »

You forgot the rematch rule, where in the case of a private vs public section final, should the public team lose, it can, after said loss request "best 2 out of 3"
36Guy

Post by 36Guy »

MN_Bowhunter wrote:You forgot the rematch rule, where in the case of a private vs public section final, should the public team lose, it can, after said loss request "best 2 out of 3"
Ironically that rule did not pass by a slim margin of 2 votes (4 votes for, 6 votes against) however with some hard lobbying by TGO99 next year I think that rule will pass easily. I tried getting that passed immediately after the Tonka-Ep game but a few board members gave me some stupid answer saying I was not "impartial"...whatever!
thegreatone99

Post by thegreatone99 »

EDEN PRAIRIE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

MN_Bowhunter wrote:You forgot the rematch rule, where in the case of a private vs public section final, should the public team lose, it can, after said loss request "best 2 out of 3"
Thought I also heard something about a new "B&B" rule, but not exactly sure how that's supposed to work. :roll:
sinbin

Post by sinbin »

Should be some monster JV teams next season.
36Guy

Post by 36Guy »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
Thought I also heard something about a new "B&B" rule, but not exactly sure how that's supposed to work. :roll:
That rule directly correlates to Rule 201.3 or The "TGO99" rule. The board had concerns about calling it the B&B rule. A few South St Paul supporters thought naming it the B&B rule would be an "unfair advantage". Mandatory move up was originally part of this rule as well but the MSHSL feared pushback from B&B. You know..wealthy parents=wealthy lawyers. But they did get it partially right with the "*" noting they were not public and the true winners.