Section 6A Seeds (Official)

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will represent Section 6A at the X?

Apollo
72%
Cathedral
21%
Sartell
7%
Little Falls
No votes

Total votes: 29

BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

Sartell has taken on a chippier style since Hacker took over the program a while back. Not sure why that is given they have had some talent through the years.

That said, looking forward to a couple good games on Saturday.
Last edited by BobSaget on Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hockey7326

Post by Hockey7326 »

BlueLine_D wrote:
blindref wrote:
Hockey7326 wrote: Everyone on Apollo is healthy, Cathedral is without Karki, and Sartell is now from what I heard without Johnson due to suspension
No, Johnson was ejected last time they played for a Face mask penalty.
With 32 seconds left in the game, Jaden Ludwig boarded Tyler Lunderby who was going for a puck on the corner.
Tyler left the game with an apparently serious knee injury.
Mr.Ludwig then got into a fight with a Tech player.
Ludwig is not listed on the Sartell Hub roster and skated
off the ice to big cheers from the Sartell student section while
Lunderby was still being attended to on the ice.
Is Cathedral without Karki for the rest of sections or was it just a one game deal? He seemed to be their go-to goalie over the last month so if he's out for the next game or two that could be a game changer.

Classic Sartell being the embarrassment of 6A. All I hear about the LF/FF game is how it was a hard fought game with both sides displaying class in victory and defeat, yet here's Sartell cheering for a player who just got kicked out for seriously injuring another player who hasn't even gotten up from the ice. Just sad.
Not sure about Karki, if he's not back Saturday could be a much closer game.

Post by 1978 »

BlueLine_D wrote:
blindref wrote:
Hockey7326 wrote: Everyone on Apollo is healthy, Cathedral is without Karki, and Sartell is now from what I heard without Johnson due to suspension
No, Johnson was ejected last time they played for a Face mask penalty.
With 32 seconds left in the game, Jaden Ludwig boarded Tyler Lunderby who was going for a puck on the corner.
Is Cathedral without Karki for the rest of sections or was it just a one game deal? He seemed to be their go-to goalie over the last month so if he's out for the next game or two that could be a game changer.

Classic Sartell being the embarrassment of 6A. All I hear about the LF/FF game is how it was a hard fought game with both sides displaying class in victory and defeat, yet here's Sartell cheering for a player who just got kicked out for seriously injuring another player who hasn't even gotten up from the ice. Just sad.
If you listen to the podcast of the game the color commentator mentions that it was a clean play with 2 players going hard into the boards, then Tech player throws punches and then the "fight" ensued. The other comment from the announcer was the classy move from the Sartell student section cheering when the Tech player was able to get up and leave the ice. Were you at the game? Were the radio announcers wrong?
blindref

Post by blindref »

1978 wrote:
BlueLine_D wrote:
blindref wrote: No, Johnson was ejected last time they played for a Face mask penalty.

If you listen to the podcast of the game the color commentator mentions that it was a clean play with 2 players going hard into the boards, then Tech player throws punches and then the "fight" ensued. The other comment from the announcer was the classy move from the Sartell student section cheering when the Tech player was able to get up and leave the ice. Were you at the game? Were the radio announcers wrong?
Yes I was at the game.
I'm not sure how a five minute major is considered a "clean"
play. I don't think the check was a dirty play or premeditated;
He just chose to hit him in an area of the rink were you really can't defend or stop yourself. I didn't really see exactly who technically
Started the ensuing fight, I was more concerned about the injured
Player. The Sartell fans definitely cheered for 16 as he left ice.
Once Lunderby was helped off of the ice, all fans applauded
as is usually expected.
blindref

Post by blindref »

1978 wrote:
BlueLine_D wrote:
blindref wrote: No, Johnson was ejected last time they played for a Face mask penalty.

Yes I was at the game.
I'm not sure how a five minute major is considered a "clean"
play. I don't think the check was a dirty play or premeditated;
He just chose to hit him in an area of the rink were you really can't defend or stop yourself. I didn't really see exactly who technically
Started the ensuing fight, I was more concerned about the injured
Player. The Sartell fans definitely cheered for 16 as he left ice.
Once Lunderby was helped off of the ice, all fans applauded
as is usually expected.
Ridingthepine29

Post by Ridingthepine29 »

It was an insane fight, probably one of the biggest high school hockey fights. Ludwig from sartell his helmet was off and he fought without gloves. The kid from Tech go pretty injured. It was Ludwigs first varsity shift. He skated off and saluted the fan section.