Section 3A : 2015-2016

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

GoldyGopher

Re: Radio

Post by GoldyGopher »

lamplighter98 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote: First five minutes any indication here?
I'm heading back to Patrick's
Comment of the year! Fill up on the chips and salsa they're delish!!
I ended up at B&L. Got Schells light waiting for notTONIGHT and Whiner33
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

That's it huh?

No review or synopsis of what you witnessed?
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

notTONIGHT wrote:That's it huh?

It's not the game I wanted, I would have very much liked to see Stremcha out coach Kullen for a game again. No doubt that Luverne has the most talent and they showed it tonight. Good meeting you guys tonight, if you make it to state I wanna see 3A represented well.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

GoldyGopher wrote:

It's not the game I wanted, I would have very much liked to see Stremcha out coach Kullen for a game again. No doubt that Luverne has the most talent and they showed it tonight. Good meeting you guys tonight, if you make it to state I wanna see 3A represented well.

By out coach you must mean hope your goalie has 60 saves again?
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

notTONIGHT wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:

Nah, just 52.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

Corn Cobb wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote: It's not the game I wanted, I would have very much liked to see Stremcha out coach Kullen for a game again. No doubt that Luverne has the most talent and they showed it tonight. Good meeting you guys tonight, if you make it to state I wanna see 3A represented well.

Nah, just 52.
How many did he have on Saturday?
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Whiner33 wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
Nah, just 52.
You're seriously not blaming the loss to them on a hot goalie are you? How many of the 52 shots were remotely close to high scoring percentage shots? Taking wrist shots from the blue line that are right at the glove is not a high percentage shot.. Maybe you got outplayed for a game and the best player on the ice was actually Cardinal 13 instead of Cardinal 7 or 8.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

GoldyGopher wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote: Nah, just 52.
You're seriously not blaming the loss to them on a hot goalie are you? How many of the 52 shots were remotely close to high scoring percentage shots? Taking wrist shots from the blue line that are right at the glove is not a high percentage shot.. Maybe you got outplayed for a game and the best player on the ice was actually Cardinal 13 instead of Cardinal 7 or 8.
This argument really doesn't matter, because like Whiner said, how many saves did he have on Saturday?

However, Ill take the bait.

Ill attribute the RWV win to 3 factors. Luverne had 38 minutes in penalties. Domeier had 52 Saves, and Cardinal 13 played a great game.

Despite having 38 penalty minutes Luverne still generated 55 shots on net. RWV produced about half that with 27. I believe you will find that Scoring chances were at a similar 2-1 Ratio if you watch the film. So yes, the RWV goalie stole a game that played out resoundingly in RWV Favor.

However congrats, the entire state of Hockey knew that was the RWV super Bowl, and they won it. On the road to boot. The first 3A team to win in that building in 5 years.

See ya Wednesday Goldy!
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

notTONIGHT wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
Whiner33 wrote: How many did he have on Saturday?
This argument really doesn't matter, because like Whiner said, how many saves did he have on Saturday?

However, Ill take the bait.

Ill attribute the RWV win to 3 factors. Luverne had 38 minutes in penalties. Domeier had 52 Saves, and Cardinal 13 played a great game.

Despite having 38 penalty minutes Luverne still generated 55 shots on net. RWV produced about half that with 27. I believe you will find that Scoring chances were at a similar 2-1 Ratio if you watch the film. So yes, the RWV goalie stole a game that played out resoundingly in RWV Favor.

However congrats, the entire state of Hockey knew that was the RWV super Bowl, and they won it. On the road to boot. The first 3A team to win in that building in 5 years.

See ya Wednesday Goldy!
Goldy may have other obligations Wednesday, he is trying to get out of them though. That has the makings for a good game if not at least competitive.
notTONIGHT

Re: 3A

Post by notTONIGHT »

ldcfan wrote:Well here is a biased look at 3A from an LDC stand point. This class of Seniors easily beat all the 3A teams in their 2nd year of bantams with the exception of three 2-4 losses to Hutch with one of those losses in Regions. Now to compare apples to apples, Luverne didn't have Smedrud since Smeds played Varsity that year. LDC didn't have Haugo who played Varsity. We did tie Luverne the first game without top forward Raisanen but with Raiso we shutout Luverne 4-0 the next meeting. The junior class also did very well against 3A teams their 2nd year of bantams splitting with Luverne. Apples to Apples, Luverne didn't have Smeds nor Nelson; LDC didn't have Benson. What about the Sophmores you might ask? I know Beers from Peewees. He scored 10 points (5 goals & 5 assists) against us first game. Nothing against our goalie but he was a "C" goalie at best. 2nd game that year we shadowed Beers and held him to 1 power play goal and eventually he was benched :). Good player though. Luverne also looks to have a pretty good player in Kruse. LDC has Grangroth. In summary, I look to a good match up between Luverne & LDC..... Hutch remains to be seen but it will be one of these three to go to State from 3A.
Where ya at LDCFAN??

You guys ready?
danglesnipecelly13

Post by danglesnipecelly13 »

Very interesting matchup on Wednesday evening. Lucerne has a lot of talent and coming from a guy who has been through the ldc system this is one of the best teams I've seen come through this program. Outside of holy family they have not looked like a game was out of reach all season. Very calm and aware of what is going on on the ice. Very large solid group of seniors and some third liners that have really stepped up their game. Both teams have what it takes to make it to the big dance and at the very least compete with the rest of the class. Can't wait to see how this one shakes out.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

danglesnipecelly13 wrote:Very interesting matchup on Wednesday evening. Lucerne has a lot of talent and coming from a guy who has been through the ldc system this is one of the best teams I've seen come through this program. Outside of holy family they have not looked like a game was out of reach all season. Very calm and aware of what is going on on the ice. Very large solid group of seniors and some third liners that have really stepped up their game. Both teams have what it takes to make it to the big dance and at the very least compete with the rest of the class. Can't wait to see how this one shakes out.

I think it comes down to last change and goaltending.
hawkenjonny

Post by hawkenjonny »

I know you have a different coach this year Herb. Hopefully he understands the concept of last change and adjustments to a game plan that isn't effective. If not, someone better school him on it. I'm sure you know someone down there that gets it. Hope to see Luverne at the X along with my thawks (if they don't cough it up against DE)
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

notTONIGHT wrote:
danglesnipecelly13 wrote:Very interesting matchup on Wednesday evening. Lucerne has a lot of talent and coming from a guy who has been through the ldc system this is one of the best teams I've seen come through this program. Outside of holy family they have not looked like a game was out of reach all season. Very calm and aware of what is going on on the ice. Very large solid group of seniors and some third liners that have really stepped up their game. Both teams have what it takes to make it to the big dance and at the very least compete with the rest of the class. Can't wait to see how this one shakes out.

I think it comes down to whether Luverne wants to win by 2 or 5.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

elliott70 wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:

I think LDC has a real opportunity if they stay physical with Luverne. If they want to skate back and fourth and not play the body at all my guess is this is easily a 5 goal game. Best bet for Luverne is to adjust to playing 2 lines rather than 3 when the time is needed and like stated previously using last change to the full effect. That can go along way when you have a line as talented as the Nelson Smedsrud line. I only watched the first period of LDC and Hutch but LDC was not even close to as physical in the first period as Hutch was.

The way the Cardinals have been playing, my guess is this is a 7-3 or 8-3 kind of final and the white Yukon with Luverne hockey on the door is heading up 169 next week with a case of Schells light in the trunk area for his enjoying pleasure. :lol:
danglesnipecelly13

GoldyGopher wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:
I think LDC has a real opportunity if they stay physical with Luverne. If they want to skate back and fourth and not play the body at all my guess is this is easily a 5 goal game. Best bet for Luverne is to adjust to playing 2 lines rather than 3 when the time is needed and like stated previously using last change to the full effect. That can go along way when you have a line as talented as the Nelson Smedsrud line. I only watched the first period of LDC and Hutch but LDC was not even close to as physical in the first period as Hutch was.

The way the Cardinals have been playing, my guess is this is a 7-3 or 8-3 kind of final and the white Yukon with Luverne hockey on the door is heading up 169 next week with a case of Schells light in the trunk area for his enjoying pleasure. :lol:
last change is going to be huge. I haven't seen Luverne play in person, but from what I understand neither team plays a physical style of hockey. That's going to be a huge factor. 1 goal game, 2 if someone pulls the tendy. Luverne wins in a footrace bit I think if litch plays physical they're going to the dance.
SouthernMinnFan

Post by SouthernMinnFan »

As long as Luverne's goalie can stop 18 shots Luverne will win by a minimum of 4.
danglesnipecelly13

SouthernMinnFan wrote:As long as Luverne's goalie can stop 18 shots Luverne will win by a minimum of 4.
lol litch gets 35 shots minimum against way better competition. Zero chance of he only saves 18 they win. Just a horrible take.
danglesnipecelly13

danglesnipecelly13 wrote:
SouthernMinnFan wrote:As long as Luverne's goalie can stop 18 shots Luverne will win by a minimum of 4.
lol litch gets 35 shots minimum against way better competition. Zero chance of he only saves 18 they win. Just a horrible take.
scratch that 45 shots per game
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

According to the Hub Litch out shot Luverne in their only meeting this year 35-31.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

hawkenjonny wrote:I know you have a different coach this year Herb. Hopefully he understands the concept of last change and adjustments to a game plan that isn't effective. If not, someone better school him on it. I'm sure you know someone down there that gets it. Hope to see Luverne at the X along with my thawks (if they don't cough it up against DE)
Hawkenjonny you can watch him choke one off in St. Cloud against Little falls. Wonder if he will put his third line out to start the game against Little falls?!?! Hilary what's the son saying?
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Whiner33 wrote:
hawkenjonny wrote:I know you have a different coach this year Herb. Hopefully he understands the concept of last change and adjustments to a game plan that isn't effective. If not, someone better school him on it. I'm sure you know someone down there that gets it. Hope to see Luverne at the X along with my thawks (if they don't cough it up against DE)
Hawkenjonny you can watch him choke one off in St. Cloud against Little falls. Wonder if he will put his third line out to start the game against Little falls?!?! Hilary what's the son saying?
^^^ LOL
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

If Luverne gets 45 shots they will score 10 goals.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Litch played 5 games against 'way better' competition. Had over 45 shots in one of those games and number may have been skewed.
Had over 38 in one other game.
Against a team that definitely was way better they had 16 shots.

Support your team but don't BS the BSers.

In the only game between these two, Litch outshot them 35 to 31, but lost 6-3. But Litch had 8 more minutes in penalty time so should have had 10 more shots.

Litch needs to stay out of the box and Luverne needs 12 or more penalty minutes for this to be close.

6 to 2 for Luverne.
danglesnipecelly13

elliott70 wrote:
Litch played 5 games against 'way better' competition. Had over 45 shots in one of those games and number may have been skewed.
Had over 38 in one other game.
Against a team that definitely was way better they had 16 shots.

Support your team but don't BS the BSers.

In the only game between these two, Litch outshot them 35 to 31, but lost 6-3. But Litch had 8 more minutes in penalty time so should have had 10 more shots.

Litch needs to stay out of the box and Luverne needs 12 or more penalty minutes for this to be close.

6 to 2 for Luverne.
what I'm sayi,g is litch averaged 45 shots a game through the regular season so saying that if erikson makes 18 saves Luverne wins is ridiculous. I'm not sayin litch is a lock to win this game I'm saying I think it's going to be much closer than all of you homers think. I'd give each team 40 ish shots. Gonna be a goaltenders game if it doesn't start and stay physical.