Bemidji bs Moorhead Section 8 Final

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

jdh

Bemidji bs Moorhead Section 8 Final

Post by jdh »

Who is going to come out victorious?
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

I think Bemidji returns to the X.
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

moorhead 3-2 OT
GoldenBear69

Post by GoldenBear69 »

I think Bemidji returns to the X:

BEM-4
MHD-2

FYI - After this year, the section is MHD's for several years to come.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

GoldenBear69 wrote:I think Bemidji returns to the X:

BEM-4
MHD-2

FYI - After this year, the section is MHD's for several years to come.

Bet the Sheep will be reloading, too !
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

GoldenBear69 wrote: FYI - After this year, the section is MHD's for several years to come.
Not so fast GB, the Wizard of Aus has a heluva group of Bantams coming as long as he doesn't get the curtain ripped open exposing all of his Bells & Whistles and Smoke & Mirrors [-X
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Which internet audio on this one?
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Updates
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

mulefarm wrote:Updates
1-1 after two. Moorhead scored first and then Bemidji tied it up a few minutes later right after they got a power play.
grindiangrad-80

WestMetro wrote:Which internet audio on this one?
http://www.meridix.com/mbp/hockey/index ... ype=hockey
TheMNhockey1

Post by TheMNhockey1 »

1-1 end of 2 via bemidji hockey twitter
TheMNhockey1

Post by TheMNhockey1 »

3-2 Bemidji 7 mins left
3-3
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

Heading to overtime. The Jacks will start the OT period with about 30 seconds of power play left over.
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

And the winner is..........the Bemidji Lumberjacks! 4-3 OT.
grindiangrad-80

Hoping the game at Amsoil tomorrow night is just like that.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Will pull for the Jacks at the X - hope they make a better showing than last yr.
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:Hoping the game at Amsoil tomorrow night is just like that.
As a hockey fan, yes. As a GR fan, I hope it's a comfortable lead late in the game. Not sure if my nerves are up for one of those.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
RRubberbeeskit

Post by RRubberbeeskit »

warriors41 wrote:And the winner is..........the Bemidji Lumberjacks! 4-3 OT.
Would someone please provide a recap of the winning play in OT as its sounds to me like 2 Jacks players got deep in the attacking end after a stretch pass uncontested. Sounds like a major defensive letdown on he play. Thanks.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

RRubberbeeskit wrote:
Would someone please provide a recap of the winning play in OT as its sounds to me like 2 Jacks players got deep in the attacking end after a stretch pass uncontested. Sounds like a major defensive letdown on he play. Thanks.
A bad line change by Moorhead. It looked like one Moorhead player thought it was icing and stopped.

Good hustle by two Jacks and the game was over.

Moorhead played well. Jacks played well. It was warm, ice a little slow. Pucks a bit bouncy. Reffing was okay.

An exciting hockey game with lots of fans, good student sections, both bands.
Just a good high school hockey game.

One side was going to be disappointed. But both sides can be proud.
grindiangrad-80

elliott70 wrote:
RRubberbeeskit wrote:
A bad line change by Moorhead. It looked like one Moorhead player thought it was icing and stopped.

Moorhead played well. Jacks played well. It was warm, ice a little slow. Pucks a bit bouncy. Reffing was okay.

One side was going to be disappointed. But both sides can be proud.
It was fun listening to that one. The announcers were fired up. Good stuff.
RRubberbeeskit

Post by RRubberbeeskit »

elliott70 wrote:
RRubberbeeskit wrote:

side was going to be disappointed. But both sides can be proud.

Elliott70.. Thanks a ton for the recap I appreciate the details as I didn't quite catch that on the radio as to what happened. It sounded like it was a tremendous game back-and-forth good defensive plays some great scoring opportunities and great saves. A little sidenote . I've been following Moorehead a little more closely as Randkleve came up through the Otters hockey Association and left about two years ago... A little recruiting, sure could have used him on our roster to help our numbers.
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

elliott70 wrote:A bad line change by Moorhead. It looked like one Moorhead player thought it was icing and stopped.

Elliott, we figured you may had had to change your depends after that game :-s

Kranky Jr. was at the game giving the Shady Bunch updates, sounds like a heluva game, you must of got a little puckered up when the Jacks were 2 men short for 2 minutes late in the game [-o<

He said Moorhead wasn't too happy with the winning goal, thought it was a missed icing call :-k

Either way I hope Bemidji makes some noise at the X =D>
Congrats Jacks \:D/
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Syd Barrett wrote:
elliott70 wrote:A bad line change by Moorhead. It looked like one Moorhead player thought it was icing and stopped.

Elliott, we figured you may had had to change your depends after that game :-s

Kranky Jr. was at the game giving the Shady Bunch updates, sounds like a heluva game, you must of got a little puckered up when the Jacks were 2 men short for 2 minutes late in the game [-o<

He said Moorhead wasn't too happy with the winning goal, thought it was a missed icing call :-k

Either way I hope Bemidji makes some noise at the X =D>
Congrats Jacks \:D/
Not even close to icing.
Jon Boy Ammerman screwed up on the line change. Puck is at our blue line and he is pulling kids off the ice.

Calling the two penalties was a bit iffy. Especially since nothing got called after that. But Warroad/Baudette did a decent job overall. The whistles disappeared at about the 2 minute warning.
The Next One

Post by The Next One »

Elliot,
Can u explain why no icing? Even the one announcer sounded like he was expecting a whistle.
I have heard from people at the game with no dog in the fight. Good hockey people that know the game. There thoughts were 100% icing, both bemidji penalties were legit, and MHD penalty with 90 seconds left was brutal.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

The Next One wrote:Elliot,
Can u explain why no icing? Even the one announcer sounded like he was expecting a whistle.
I have heard from people at the game with no dog in the fight. Good hockey people that know the game. There thoughts were 100% icing, both bemidji penalties were legit, and MHD penalty with 90 seconds left was brutal.
I was at the end and saw the flight of the puck; it was obviously touched. No one from our vantage point even thought icing. We did think, why are they changing?

It was definitely a penalty but based on what was not being called at that point in time I was surprised by it. But everyone watching has a bias. No question that the penalties called on Bemidji were penalties, but again, based on what/how they were calling things we (the group around me) were surprised they called the second one.

As a Moorhead fan I would not expect anything less from you or other fans. But I am being completely honest, it was obviously touched. I have been in the media box and can understand that they may not have seen it. The Bemidji announcers stated it was obviously touched.

As a long time coach as I tell players, you control what you do.

Anyway it was an excellent game despite the bouncing puck.