Klatt Resigns

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

The Next One

Post by The Next One »

How much has the band drank in Hawaii?
Wet Paint

Post by Wet Paint »

The Next One wrote:How much has the band drank in Hawaii?
You have pictures or something???
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

None of the kids have been drinking but I heard they all got lei'd.

I'll leave now...
zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler »

warriors41 wrote:

I'll leave now...
boo..........hiss

<g>
Wet Paint

Post by Wet Paint »

warriors41 wrote:

I'll leave now...
I clearly heard the rim shot off of the snare drum there.

The next guy to take this job is going to have to be tough. From all accounts both Rothstien and Klatt were/are nice guys. That is not going to work in GR. The next guy is going to have to be like Randolph who basically says it is my way or you hit the highway. And that includes your mommy and daddy too. It is going to have to be a guy who makes those parents say "oh no, not him" on the first pass. This will be interesting.
hawkenjonny

Post by hawkenjonny »

boblee wrote:
Duluthguy wrote:
boblee wrote: Well, Trent told me (GRHS Hockey Online) that he accepted the job initially before anyone else, he told me he was leaving before anyone else and he has been nothing but transparent. If he was returning, GRHS Hockey Online is going to be the first to get official word. So, do I think he would have said yes if it were true? Yes. We talked about more than just that, too.

Plus, had he chosen to return, there would be a process that would include the school board. They would have to approve the rescinding of the resignation.
Thanks. I've been hearing the rumors, too.

If you can, please clear one thing up:

I know we've all (well, most of us) have tried to read between the lines on a lot of this stuff, and as a result, one thing that's been out there is that Klatt was "forced out." I'm not certain this is true, and if not, the notion certainly isn't fair to Klatt. I believe he quit entirely on his own. Comments on GRHS Hockey's Facebook page also indicate that many in Rapids believe this. So....Was he forced out?
Trent was not forced out. My understanding is that players, parents and admin all wish he wouldn't have left. But, no, he was not forced out.
Correct. He didn't leave because players and parents wanted him to. Really wish he were staying. We have issues to address like most successful programs with high expectations. Everyone in the organization top to bottom needs to work on it, not just this years players, parents, and coaches. If nothing else we have shown several times that talent alone just isn't enough. Head down, keep working.
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

"The next guy is going to have to be like Randolph who basically says it is my way or you hit the highway. And that includes your mommy and daddy too. It is going to have to be a guy who makes those parents say "oh no, not him" on the first pass. This will be interesting." - Wet Paint

This is exactly what Clafton did at Greenway. He made it very clear who was in charge and made a statement that players will do what he says, not what their parents say. I'll give credit to the Greenway parents and armchair coaches who gave him a chance but you could tell by the first game what a different team Greenway was. That style of coaching might be more difficult to implement in Rapids, maybe that's why Clafton says he is staying at Greenway.
boblee

Post by boblee »

greenwayraider wrote:"The next guy is going to have to be like Randolph who basically says it is my way or you hit the highway. And that includes your mommy and daddy too. It is going to have to be a guy who makes those parents say "oh no, not him" on the first pass. This will be interesting." - Wet Paint

This is exactly what Clafton did at Greenway. He made it very clear who was in charge and made a statement that players will do what he says, not what their parents say. I'll give credit to the Greenway parents and armchair coaches who gave him a chance but you could tell by the first game what a different team Greenway was. That style of coaching might be more difficult to implement in Rapids, maybe that's why Clafton says he is staying at Greenway.
The day he took the job Trent said that he already doesn't see eye to eye with parents because they have the best for their child in mind, while Trent has the best of the team in mind. Klatt wasn't soft. He hurt some feelings and bruised some egos like any good coach will. See Stamophar, Stejskal, Stefan and others.
green4

Post by green4 »

According to grhs hockey online, Klatt is back...
Not sure if this is an April fools joke or perhaps klatt is pulling one
boblee

Post by boblee »

The board has approved Klatt's retraction of his resignation. He is officially back as head coach. http://www.grhshockey.com/news_article/ ... ferrer_id=
Wet Paint

Post by Wet Paint »

crazy
kniven

Post by kniven »

boblee wrote:The board has approved Klatt's retraction of his resignation. He is officially back as head coach. http://www.grhshockey.com/news_article/ ... ferrer_id=
Excellent!!!
Bluelightspecial-II

Post by Bluelightspecial-II »

boblee wrote:In case anyone would like to hear some actual attempt at reporting, rather than made-up tom foolery... I talked to Trent yesterday afternoon.

I simply said - are you returning as head coach at Grand Rapids? His response... "No."

I'm not saying he couldn't return. Who the heck knows. But the notion that he has decided to was made up by someone and is spread like wild-fire.
Lol.....I hope you don't quit your day job!
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

All we need now is for Coach Klatt to have an evil identical twin brother and we have a good base for a soap opera :D
boblee

Post by boblee »

Bluelightspecial-II wrote:
boblee wrote:In case anyone would like to hear some actual attempt at reporting, rather than made-up tom foolery... I talked to Trent yesterday afternoon.

I simply said - are you returning as head coach at Grand Rapids? His response... "No."

I'm not saying he couldn't return. Who the heck knows. But the notion that he has decided to was made up by someone and is spread like wild-fire.
Nothing I said was inaccurate. (And part of my "day job" is GRHS Hockey Online, which is wildly popular.) Trent didn't meet with administration until today. So, until today - the answer was no. So...anyone who reported yesterday or the day before that he was returning was ultimately guessing that because the community and students were trying to recruit him back that he would say yes and the board would approve it.
kniven

Post by kniven »

boblee wrote:

Nothing I said was inaccurate. (And part of my "day job" is GRHS Hockey Online, which is wildly popular.) Trent didn't meet with administration until today. So, until today - the answer was no. So...anyone who reported yesterday or the day before that he was returning was ultimately guessing that because the community and students were trying to recruit him back that he would say yes and the board would approve it.[/quote

It's all good Boblee....I would have done the same thing with my purple, and leave the speculation to everybody else. Well done! You serve your orange well =)))
hadenuf

Post by hadenuf »

ANYBODY KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS? :P
boblee

Post by boblee »

kniven wrote:
boblee wrote:
Bluelightspecial-II wrote: Lol.....I hope you don't quit your day job!
Nothing I said was inaccurate. (And part of my "day job" is GRHS Hockey Online, which is wildly popular.) Trent didn't meet with administration until today. So, until today - the answer was no. So...anyone who reported yesterday or the day before that he was returning was ultimately guessing that because the community and students were trying to recruit him back that he would say yes and the board would approve it.[/quote

It's all good Boblee....I would have done the same thing with my purple, and leave the speculation to everybody else. Well done! You serve your orange well =)))
Thank you! Also - hopefully this clears up the thought that Klatt was forced out, facing suspension or anything else.
boblee

Post by boblee »

hadenuf wrote:ANYBODY KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS? :P
It's true today, tomorrow or any of the 366 days in this year. Bad timing is all.
kniven

Post by kniven »

hadenuf wrote:ANYBODY KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS? :P
nice try hadefuf!! i heard yesterday allready from a source that klatt was talking to students gauging whether he would return to be bench for the orange.
Bluelightspecial-II

Post by Bluelightspecial-II »

boblee wrote:

Nothing I said was inaccurate. (And part of my "day job" is GRHS Hockey Online, which is wildly popular.) Trent didn't meet with administration until today. So, until today - the answer was no. So...anyone who reported yesterday or the day before that he was returning was ultimately guessing that because the community and students were trying to recruit him back that he would say yes and the board would approve it.
Exactly, that's why it was intended to be a joke.... I do hope they can put this thread to sleep now!!
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

I didn't mean to imply that Klatt was soft, but Greenway parents (hard to believe) are easier to deal with than the Rapids parents. What little I know of Klatt I wouldn't presume he was soft. He did a great job getting Rapids to state and third place, I would find it hard to second guess him.
hadenuf

Post by hadenuf »

greenwayraider wrote:I didn't mean to imply that Klatt was soft, but Greenway parents (hard to believe) are easier to deal with than the Rapids parents. What little I know of Klatt I wouldn't presume he was soft. He did a great job getting Rapids to state and third place, I would find it hard to second guess him.

Rapids parents this year were a rare breed. Some will not be missed.
Please stay on east side of the Prairie River.
SouthernMinnFan

Post by SouthernMinnFan »

I'm taking my ball and going home......... oh wait everyone got mad at me..... hey guys I'm back.
Hockeyisnotlife

Post by Hockeyisnotlife »

boblee wrote:
Bluelightspecial-II wrote: Lol.....I hope you don't quit your day job!
Exactly, that's why it was intended to be a joke.... I do hope they can put this thread to sleep now!!
Why now? The GR PR machine is just getting rolling.... all aboard......