Simply sad..

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hunting247

Post by hunting247 »

Mite-dad wrote:
hunting247 wrote:
Mnhockeys wrote: Would that mean the selection process is at fault for not selecting the better players? It is advertised as to choose the best hockey players from the great hockey state of Minnesota. A good 15/16 year old got cut and a trott made it, would be easy explanation by the adults to the players, right?

How did all the finalists last year do in the mn high school season? Would that be a measure how the selection process performed?
It means the level of players is constantly evolving. Two kids get cut, kid A sulks about it and does nothing to improve and his parents whine on a hockey forum about the injustice and the corrupt system and tell him/her it was the system to blame. Kid B learns from it and works harder to improve everyday and parents understand and support his/her growth. Which one has more of chance in the future, or a better question which parent are you?
I'm the parent with the wrong connections. :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

hunting247 wrote:Two kids get cut, kid A sulks about it and does nothing to improve and his parents whine on a hockey forum about the injustice and the corrupt system and tell him/her it was the system to blame. Kid B learns from it and works harder to improve everyday and parents understand and support his/her growth. Which one has more of chance in the future, or a better question which parent are you?
What a load of crap. Have you actually witnessed this in real life? Kid B represents most kids after suffering disappointment - because kids are resilient. Kid A doesn't exist, except in very isolated situations. What kid B gets tired of is Kid C getting a pass through tryouts every year and continuing to make cuts even though he's no longer the player he was when he was younger. It actually happens 247, and you choose to delude yourself that the process is not flawed. Like it or not, progressing through these tryouts to St. Cloud, or ultimately New York, makes a difference in how players are perceived in the future, whether it's warranted or not. And just working harder isn't necessarily enough to alter perceptions of people that look at past accolades without actually watching the play on the ice.
nobody

Post by nobody »

This is really simple.

The goal is to separate the top tier from the second tier.

If a team with 9 kids from the top tier can't completely dominate a team with only 1 top tier player -the system failed.

Either the top tier is overvalued or the lower tier is undervalued.

Either way the evaluation was a failure, and has no credibility.

And I have no horse in the race.
hunting247

Post by hunting247 »

Bluewhitefan wrote:
hunting247 wrote:Two kids get cut, kid A sulks about it and does nothing to improve and his parents whine on a hockey forum about the injustice and the corrupt system and tell him/her it was the system to blame. Kid B learns from it and works harder to improve everyday and parents understand and support his/her growth. Which one has more of chance in the future, or a better question which parent are you?
What a load of crap. Have you actually witnessed this in real life? Kid B represents most kids after suffering disappointment - because kids are resilient. Kid A doesn't exist, except in very isolated situations. What kid B gets tired of is Kid C getting a pass through tryouts every year and continuing to make cuts even though he's no longer the player he was when he was younger. It actually happens 247, and you choose to delude yourself that the process is not flawed. Like it or not, progressing through these tryouts to St. Cloud, or ultimately New York, makes a difference in how players are perceived in the future, whether it's warranted or not. And just working harder isn't necessarily enough to alter perceptions of people that look at past accolades without actually watching the play on the ice.

:roll:
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

I keep coming back to big picture. How is it possible that Blaine had no representatives on the 16 team, when their bantam team was rated number two in the state. and they split with Minnetonka (along with a tie), which was the most dominant statewide Bantam team in recent memory .

Seems almost impossible to believe every single Blaine kid could've had such a terrible tryout that it overshadowed their talents which came thru during their great bantam season

Answer : it is not possible

Why did it happen? I don't know, but doesn't seem right
Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 »

Mite-dad wrote:
zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:
4on5again wrote:IF the players are evaluated individually, the odds are still low that section 5 only sends one skater to the 54.
There should be individual feedback, or better yet straight up publish a ranking after the festivals. I suspect they come in with ranking at the start. These are big boys they can handle it. More transparency.
Ding, ding, we have a winner !

I'll never be convinced many decisions aren't already made before the first puck drops.

Always been that way, always will.
It'd be nice if we were given a list beforehand so we could avoid flushing money down the toilet.
You don't need a list. This discussion has been going on ad nauseum for the past 10 years. If money is still being flushed down the toilet, look in the mirror, or simply credit the weekend experience for what it is, an opportunity. No more, no less.
hunting247

Post by hunting247 »

Puckguy19 wrote:
Mite-dad wrote:
zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote: Ding, ding, we have a winner !

I'll never be convinced many decisions aren't already made before the first puck drops.

Always been that way, always will.
It'd be nice if we were given a list beforehand so we could avoid flushing money down the toilet.
You don't need a list. This discussion has been going on ad nauseum for the past 10 years. If money is still being flushed down the toilet, look in the mirror, or simply credit the weekend experience for what it is, an opportunity. No more, no less.
AMEN =D>
Bluelightspecial-II

Post by Bluelightspecial-II »

WestMetro wrote:I keep coming back to big picture. How is it possible that Blaine had no representatives on the 16 team, when their bantam team was rated number two in the state. and they split with Minnetonka (along with a tie), which was the most dominant statewide Bantam team in recent memory .

Seems almost impossible to believe every single Blaine kid could've had such a terrible tryout that it overshadowed their talents which came thru during their great bantam season

The reality is, it's rigged now, it was rigged years ago, and will be rigged for years to come. In the past there have been players who were unable to tryout for one reason or another, and somehow mysteriously make the cut. I do know this for certain, he lived in my house. So 247, continuosly defending this tainted system is making a fool of you!!!!
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

hunting247 wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote:

Thanks for the adult response. You've established your true colors.
WCHBlog

Post by WCHBlog »

WestMetro wrote:I keep coming back to big picture. How is it possible that Blaine had no representatives on the 16 team, when their bantam team was rated number two in the state. and they split with Minnetonka (along with a tie), which was the most dominant statewide Bantam team in recent memory .

I only counted five bantams that made the Final 54, two from Minnetonka, three from the rest of the state.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

nobody wrote:This is really simple.

The goal is to separate the top tier from the second tier.

If a team with 9 kids from the top tier can't completely dominate a team with only 1 top tier player -the system failed.

Either the top tier is overvalued or the lower tier is undervalued.

Either way the evaluation was a failure, and has no credibility.

And I have no horse in the race.
Pure common sense and ends the discussion.
hunting247

Post by hunting247 »

Bluewhitefan wrote:
hunting247 wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote: What a load of crap. Have you actually witnessed this in real life? Kid B represents most kids after suffering disappointment - because kids are resilient. Kid A doesn't exist, except in very isolated situations. What kid B gets tired of is Kid C getting a pass through tryouts every year and continuing to make cuts even though he's no longer the player he was when he was younger. It actually happens 247, and you choose to delude yourself that the process is not flawed. Like it or not, progressing through these tryouts to St. Cloud, or ultimately New York, makes a difference in how players are perceived in the future, whether it's warranted or not. And just working harder isn't necessarily enough to alter perceptions of people that look at past accolades without actually watching the play on the ice.

Thanks for establishing you are parent A
:roll: 8)
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

hunting247 wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote:
hunting247 wrote:
And you're parent C, so of course you continue to support a flawed system. How many times has your kid gotten to the next phase without even trying out?
hunting247

Post by hunting247 »

Bluewhitefan wrote:
hunting247 wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote: Thanks for the adult response. You've established your true colors.
And you're parent C, so of course you continue to support a flawed system. How many times has your kid gotten to the next phase without even trying out?
All my kids have made it and been cut at different phases throughout the years. Its a good experience. Like I said before if you don't like HP don't go. I'm sorry your child was cut but this doesn't mean his hockey career is over.
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

Bluewhitefan wrote:
=D> =D> =D>
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

hunting247 wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote:
hunting247 wrote: Thanks for establishing you are parent A
All my kids have made it and been cut at different phases throughout the years. Its a good experience. Like I said before if you don't like HP don't go. I'm sorry your child was cut but this doesn't mean his hockey career is over.
Once is enough and got sickened of it.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Bluewhitefan wrote:
\:D/ \:D/ :idea:
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

Mite-dad wrote:
hunting247 wrote:
Mnhockeys wrote: Would that mean the selection process is at fault for not selecting the better players? It is advertised as to choose the best hockey players from the great hockey state of Minnesota. A good 15/16 year old got cut and a trott made it, would be easy explanation by the adults to the players, right?

How did all the finalists last year do in the mn high school season? Would that be a measure how the selection process performed?
It means the level of players is constantly evolving. Two kids get cut, kid A sulks about it and does nothing to improve and his parents whine on a hockey forum about the injustice and the corrupt system and tell him/her it was the system to blame. Kid B learns from it and works harder to improve everyday and parents understand and support his/her growth. Which one has more of chance in the future, or a better question which parent are you?
Get 247's connection and he will teach us how to use his perfect system.

Surprised that the getting-cut part was not explained as to teach kids a good lesson.
hunting247

Post by hunting247 »

Mnhockeys wrote:
Mite-dad wrote:
hunting247 wrote: It means the level of players is constantly evolving. Two kids get cut, kid A sulks about it and does nothing to improve and his parents whine on a hockey forum about the injustice and the corrupt system and tell him/her it was the system to blame. Kid B learns from it and works harder to improve everyday and parents understand and support his/her growth. Which one has more of chance in the future, or a better question which parent are you?

Surprised that the getting-cut part was not explained as to teach kids a good lesson.
Bribe me a little and I will get you the national list :wink:
@hockeytweet

Post by @hockeytweet »

U-17's were a joke in some sections.
No big surprises really in 6AA/A, things pretty fell to how you'd expect. My family have no complaints, seemed about right.

But a friend of mine from 2AA/A, said an email was leaked out with player rankings, prior to going into the first tryout. OOOPS.
Now that is a complete joke. You have to feel for some of those players who didn't even have a chance.

8 Holy Family kids made it out of 2AA/A. You knew which HS coach was evaluating. 'nuff said.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

@hockeytweet wrote:U-17's were a joke in some sections.
No big surprises really in 6AA/A, things pretty fell to how you'd expect. My family have no complaints, seemed about right.

But a friend of mine from 2AA/A, said an email was leaked out with player rankings, prior to going into the first tryout. OOOPS.
Now that is a complete joke. You have to feel for some of those players who didn't even have a chance.

8 Holy Family kids made it out of 2AA/A. You knew which HS coach was evaluating. 'nuff said.
Ouch..

Coaches should swap sections they coach
50 bucks and have ten out of state guys evaluate
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

hunting247 wrote:
Mnhockeys wrote:
Mite-dad wrote:I'm the parent with the wrong connections. :lol:

Bribe me a little and I will get you the national list :wink:
You asked the wrong crowd for bribery.

Now you just admit you are parts of the imperfect system!
:oops: :oops: :oops:
4on5again

Post by 4on5again »

Bluewhitefan wrote:
Totally agree.
247 assumes that these parents who disagree with HP will somehow encourage their kids to sit and sulk. Think again. How about teaching your kid that there are injustices in sports (like all of life), and a time will come when you will be on the receiving end. And it hurts. Teach them that injustice can be a big motivator, and that their hard work can hopefully make their future chances undeniable. They need to learn how to handle success as well, (Clearly 247 is struggling with it)

Forums are a place for discussion, to air out gripes, get input from others, and hopefully better understand what is going on. It is too easy sometimes, when things are going well, to call others whiners and make yourself out to be the parent of steel.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

WchBlog--apples and oranges , are you saying the top Blaine bantam is not as skilled as any of non Minnetonka statewide 9th graders on the list?
hunting247

Post by hunting247 »

4on5again wrote:
Bluewhitefan wrote:
Totally agree.
247 assumes that these parents who disagree with HP will somehow encourage their kids to sit and sulk. Think again. How about teaching your kid that there are injustices in sports (like all of life), and a time will come when you will be on the receiving end. And it hurts. Teach them that injustice can be a big motivator, and that their hard work can hopefully make their future chances undeniable. They need to learn how to handle success as well, (Clearly 247 is struggling with it)

Forums are a place for discussion, to air out gripes, get input from others, and hopefully better understand what is going on. It is too easy sometimes, when things are going well, to call others whiners and make yourself out to be the parent of steel.
Bored arguing with a bunch of whiners because there kid isn't good enough. I'll see your kids at nationals..... Oh wait maybe I won't