Brick Team

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

old goalie85

Brick Team

Post by old goalie85 »

Nice looking coaching staff. Good luck Mn kids
thefatcat

Re: Brick Team

Post by thefatcat »

old goalie85 wrote:Nice looking coaching staff. Good luck Mn kids

I'm wondering how Bernie is handling the defection of a few Machine kids? :)
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Does he still think he owns other folks kids ?? I heard he had opened up a little.
observer

Post by observer »

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Noticed Machine Black was in The Chi Town, Was this because Orange players told Bernie we are going to Duluth instead.
JSR

Post by JSR »

Looks like they split with the Chicago Brick team in the Shuffle. Blades won in pool play. They then faced each other again in the championship game on Sunday with the Chicago team winning that one.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

When is Wisc. going to field Brick team. Must be coming. :idea:
yesiplayedhockey

Post by yesiplayedhockey »

old goalie85 wrote:When is Wisc. going to field Brick team. Must be coming. :idea:
When Doves Cry... 8)

Seriously though...Doesn't the brick only pick states with a pro hockey team?

If that was the case, I'd say Florida and Colorado would be on the shorter list
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Does Pitt/Philly have team representing Pa. ?
yesiplayedhockey

Post by yesiplayedhockey »

old goalie85 wrote:Does Pitt/Philly have team representing Pa. ?
http://www.brickhockey.pointstreaksites ... m-profiles
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Thank you. Cool event.
JSR

Post by JSR »

old goalie85 wrote:When is Wisc. going to field Brick team. Must be coming. :idea:
Honestly not enough quality depth in Wisconsin to field a team year in and year out.... that said I do wish the areas they've awarded charters to would have slightly broader reach. What I mean is the Chicago Jr Blackhawks for instance can only take three kids from outside the state of Illinois. Unfortunately that has really hamstrung them in the past. I mean last year alone they'd have fielded a MUCH stronger team by being able to take a few more Wisconsin kids as it just so happens to be an up year in WI for that age group. I guess my solution would be to redraw the "lines" a bit more like they do for The Show tournament. Instead of just your state plus three, your area might be a few states but you have to take all of them from those states no exceptions. So the Chicago Jr Blackhawks could take from IL, WI, IN, & MO........... or Team Minnesota could take from MN, ND, & SD etc... etc... just an idea. It's a great tourney and all but might be even more competitive across the board with a slight tweek like that. I mean let's be honest, the Canadian team overall are picking from a much broader depth of talent with their teams overall, this would even the playing field IMHO
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Is mn team all from Mn. I know they have used goalie in the past from out of state.
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

old goalie85 wrote:Is mn team all from Mn. I know they have used goalie in the past from out of state.
I think last year they had a kid from Florida.

This year there is a skater from North Dakota.
JSR

Post by JSR »

old goalie85 wrote:Is mn team all from Mn. I know they have used goalie in the past from out of state.
Not always.... as is the case with all the Brick charters you can take three players from outside your "area", which up there is the state of MN.... now MN is so deep they rarely if ever "need" to go outside their state for talent, but I'd argue other places do which is what I base my idea on