Mittelstadt

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

green4

Mittelstadt

Post by green4 »

According to Casey's Twitter, he will be back for his senior season
MNHockeyFan

Re: Mittelstadt

Post by MNHockeyFan »

green4 wrote:According to Casey's Twitter, he will be back for his senior season
Maybe he can take a few college courses to get a jump start on credits?
kniven

Re: Mittelstadt

Post by kniven »

green4 wrote:According to Casey's Twitter, he will be back for his senior season
That is AWEsome! Good for you Casey!!
Mavs

Post by Mavs »

That puts EP as the front runner with Grand Rapids and Stillwater right behind them. Should make for a great high school season with many other great teams pushing for top honors
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Gophers hockey recruit Mittelstadt to play next year at Eden Prairie
http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/647140
zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler »

Smart move, if for no other reason, than that the entire gopher AD is a disaster zone right now.

Maybe Lucia will be gone in a year too :P
GP4Lhockey

Post by GP4Lhockey »

zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:Smart move, if for no other reason, than that the entire gopher AD is a disaster zone right now.

Hopefully Lucia will still be there. Hopefully he gets to stay as long as he wants too.
Puckstopper81

Post by Puckstopper81 »

Lucia is such a crappy coach that his own kid didn't want to play for him.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Lucia was a very good coach, but for some reason he hasn't been able improve the program the last few years. His players seem to become stagnate.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

GP4Lhockey wrote:
zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:Smart move, if for no other reason, than that the entire gopher AD is a disaster zone right now.

Hopefully Lucia will still be there. Hopefully he gets to stay as long as he wants too.
I hope you learn the proper forms of "to."
The U invented swagger.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Puckstopper81 wrote:Lucia is such a crappy coach that his own kid didn't want to play for him.
Yeah as a college kid I'd sure want my dad over my shoulder watching everything I was doing. :roll:
The U invented swagger.
GreekChurch

Post by GreekChurch »

Me Too. :D
Snap Happy

Post by Snap Happy »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
Puckstopper81 wrote:Lucia is such a crappy coach that his own kid didn't want to play for him.
Yeah as a college kid I'd sure want my dad over my shoulder watching everything I was doing. :roll:
Didn't his other son play for him?
GP4Lhockey

Post by GP4Lhockey »

Snap Happy wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
Yes Tony did play for the Gophers while Mario attended Notre Dame. In Mario's first year at Notre Dame he was a top 6 forward and powerplay guy as a freshman. If he were to come to Minnesota and play that role people would be up in arms saying that he's only playing that much because his dad is the coach. I would think that it was his choice to not play for the gophers so he didn't have to get distracted with all that talk surrounding him.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

GP4Lhockey wrote:
Snap Happy wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote: Yeah as a college kid I'd sure want my dad over my shoulder watching everything I was doing. :roll:
Yes Tony did play for the Gophers while Mario attended Notre Dame. In Mario's first year at Notre Dame he was a top 6 forward and powerplay guy as a freshman. If he were to come to Minnesota and play that role people would be up in arms saying that he's only playing that much because his dad is the coach. I would think that it was his choice to not play for the gophers so he didn't have to get distracted with all that talk surrounding him.
Is it possible that Minnesota was Tony's best option? Was he ever offered a scholarship to Notre Dame?
GP4Lhockey

Post by GP4Lhockey »

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
GP4Lhockey wrote:
Snap Happy wrote:Didn't his other son play for him?
Is it possible that Minnesota was Tony's best option? Was he ever offered a scholarship to Notre Dame?
Notre Dame was going through a coaching change when Tony would have committed to Minnesota. The records in the previous two seasons being 5-27-6 and 13-9-4. I'm sure he was offered. Minnesota was coming off a season in which they finished 27-9-5
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

GP4Lhockey wrote:
WarmUpTheBus wrote:
GP4Lhockey wrote: Yes Tony did play for the Gophers while Mario attended Notre Dame. In Mario's first year at Notre Dame he was a top 6 forward and powerplay guy as a freshman. If he were to come to Minnesota and play that role people would be up in arms saying that he's only playing that much because his dad is the coach. I would think that it was his choice to not play for the gophers so he didn't have to get distracted with all that talk surrounding him.
Notre Dame was going through a coaching change when Tony would have committed to Minnesota. The records in the previous two seasons being 5-27-6 and 13-9-4. I'm sure he was offered. Minnesota was coming off a season in which they finished 27-9-5
It has been a while since I have thought about it but I believe UNH and CC (back when CC was good) where the two schools Tony was focused on back then besides the U. Notre Dame was definitely in it but they were not in good shape back then.
goaliedad31

Post by goaliedad31 »

Is CM tearing up the USHL or what? 4 pts last nigh & leading the league.