Section 3A : 2015-2016

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:32 am

His comment leads me to think he is going to play high school hockey next year?

DrGaf

Post by DrGaf » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:06 am

InigoMontoya wrote:His comment leads me to think he is going to play high school hockey next year?
Nah. He's gone. Has to be. Nothing to prove here. He is one of the few that need to move on.

I'm guessing he means to represent Luverne at the next level.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:08 am

Is there no chance he plays in SF until the high school season starts? He's close enough he wouldn't have to billet, he could miss very little school. For a few weeks he proves Luverne is capable of playing at that level, then heads back to be Luverne. I have no idea, just wondering?

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:12 am

If he really leaves, that'll change the complexion of the section. I think you'll have about 6 teams with a legitimate shot.

(Kudos to the rollCardsroll folks, that people around the state would know that, or have an opinion about it.)

GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:32 pm

Lol, Luverne is irrelevant again.
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:29 am

GoldyGopher wrote:Lol, Luverne is irrelevant again.
but, but, but...........I thought they were the Roseau of the South.

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:48 am

Corn Cobb wrote:
but, but, but...........I thought they were the Roseau of the South.
Nah, Roseau has titles.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:29 am

Goldy you sure?😍

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:21 pm

DrGaf wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:His comment leads me to think he is going to play high school hockey next year?
Nah. He's gone. Has to be. Nothing to prove here. He is one of the few that need to move on.

I'm guessing he means to represent Luverne at the next level.
He's been great in camp.. Will be a tough decision for him probably.

Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:11 am

thespellchecker wrote:
air force one wrote:3 weeks since a 3A post? Crazy!

So, what is the deal on the Coach Openings 2016-2017 thread that Luverne is looking for a new coach? I'm up north, I don't hear the southern scuttlebutt.
Tough shoes to fill following previous coach. Perhaps the ad is for last years position and there isn't really a coach opening. Roll Cards roll

Phill Paquette is the new head coach at Luverne, replacing Kullen Schroht.

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:45 am

It's baaaaack......

formersection3Afan

Post by formersection3Afan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:21 pm

InigoMontoya wrote:It's baaaaack......
My people

BP

Post by BP » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:52 am

Anyone know where Chaz Smedsrud ended up this year? Can't find him on any junior rosters anywhere.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:46 pm

BP wrote:Anyone know where Chaz Smedsrud ended up this year? Can't find him on any junior rosters anywhere.

Notre Dame Hounds
Saskatchewan Juniors
Canadian Jr. A league

Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:23 pm

Nice research Elliott. At least CS wasn't found at Lakeville North. Now where's Stats?

DrGaf

Post by DrGaf » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:56 am

Nuts&Bolts wrote:Nice research Elliott. At least CS wasn't found at Lakeville North. Now where's Stats?
there should be like buttons
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.

zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:06 am

elliott70 wrote:
BP wrote:Anyone know where Chaz Smedsrud ended up this year? Can't find him on any junior rosters anywhere.

Notre Dame Hounds
Saskatchewan Juniors
Canadian Jr. A league
Interesting choice. Except for the bchl, the cjhl ain't nuthin' to write home about.

Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:48 am

zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

Notre Dame Hounds
Saskatchewan Juniors
Canadian Jr. A league
Interesting choice. Except for the bchl, the cjhl ain't nuthin' to write home about.
Was there no interest from any of the NAHL teams?

zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Corn Cobb wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

Notre Dame Hounds
Saskatchewan Juniors
Canadian Jr. A league
No idea, but I would guess not; be silly to go that part of the cjhl instead of the na.

Though some of the leagues in the cjhl do/or used to anyway, have no billet fees, so maybe that entered in to it, who knows.

Anyone know ?

BP

Post by BP » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:30 pm

Corn Cobb wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

Notre Dame Hounds
Saskatchewan Juniors
Canadian Jr. A league
No idea, but I would guess not; be silly to go that part of the cjhl instead of the na.

Though some of the leagues in the cjhl do/or used to anyway, have no billet fees, so maybe that entered in to it, who knows.

Anyone know ?

They have to pay in that league from my understanding of past kids in the league that I've known.

Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:22 pm

BP wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

Notre Dame Hounds
Saskatchewan Juniors
Canadian Jr. A league

Anyone know ?

They have to pay in that league from my understanding of past kids in the league that I've known.
I know players in the NA3HL leagues pay to play. I didn't realize that was the case in the NAHL.

zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Corn Cobb wrote:
BP wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

Notre Dame Hounds
Saskatchewan Juniors
Canadian Jr. A league

Anyone know ?

I know players in the NA3HL leagues pay to play. I didn't realize that was the case in the NAHL.
NA likes to tout that they offer "free" hockey.

Billet fees are part of the scene though, and at $300/month, that adds up to a couple grand or more a season.

Tier 3 leagues, like the na3, tend to charge a (large) season fee plus billet fees.
Last edited by zamboniexhaustinhaler on Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:24 pm

BP wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

Notre Dame Hounds
Saskatchewan Juniors
Canadian Jr. A league

Anyone know ?

Thanks. Seems like the past couple years, even those leagues in the cjhl that didn't charge before, are starting to.

hawkeyguy2

Post by hawkeyguy2 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:35 pm

BP wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

Notre Dame Hounds
Saskatchewan Juniors
Canadian Jr. A league

Anyone know ?

Thanks. Seems like the past couple years, even those leagues in the cjhl that didn't charge before, are starting to.

The SJHL (Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League) is Junior A and is a step below Canadian major juniors. It is FREE to play and has free billet and also reimburses expenses typically $200 - $300 per month. College scholarships are available for every year you play of about $1,500 per year. It is considered a step below NAHL but above NA3HL.

zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:42 pm

hawkeyguy2 wrote:
BP wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:
elliott70 wrote:

Notre Dame Hounds
Saskatchewan Juniors
Canadian Jr. A league

Anyone know ?

The SJHL (Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League) is Junior A and is a step below Canadian major juniors. It is FREE to play and has free billet and also reimburses expenses typically $200 - $300 per month. College scholarships are available for every year you play of about $1,500 per year. It is considered a step below NAHL but above NA3HL.
I know about the league/CJHL thanks.

Good to hear they're still not charging. I know the MJHL didn't too, but I believe they are one that changed ?