Where in the heck is the 7AA chatter....

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

kniven

Where in the heck is the 7AA chatter....

Post by kniven »

elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Grand Rapids year and they know it, nothing to talk about.

Duluth East and Elk River not in the running.

When is Cloquet in the running?

Duluth Marshall proving they made a big mistake.

All the 7A people want Hermantown in AA. All the 7AA people want them to stay in A.

Elk River will still cry about section home field advantage to Duluth East.

All the other 7AA teams should focus on basketball.

Anything else...

:twisted: :lol: :?: :?:
kniven

Post by kniven »

elliott70 wrote:Grand Rapids year and they know it, nothing to talk about.

Duluth East and Elk River not in the running.

When is Cloquet in the running?

Duluth Marshall proving they made a big mistake.

All the 7A people want Hermantown in AA. All the 7AA people want them to stay in A.

Elk River will still cry about section home field advantage to Duluth East.

All the other 7AA teams should focus on basketball.

Anything else...

LOL. What a great post! Man. I needed that read right about now. It looks good to me all your "to the point" observations. Politically NON-correct is always the best and most humorous. 1). Cloquet is in the running now. 2) Grand Rapids this year. = scary good 3). Duluth East and Elk River are always in the running 4) Duluth Marsha will head back to A if Hermantown ever leaves A 5) I really don't care what Herman does. They enter 7AA Elk River leaves...that's a wash. 6) Yes, Elk River will still cry 7) does Duluth Marshall even have a hoops program

:twisted: :lol: :?: :?:
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Watched all the Section 7 stars from A and AA play on Elite Selects, and beat the Ann Arbor U-17s last weekend. Five kids from Herm.

And have seen Team North play a few times.

Also saw Bantam Elite 7's play a couple times.

As usual, lots of stars in 7. And as usual they play a more physical brand of hockey.

Rapids is 1 in 7AA, Elks at 2 , but not as far back as some might think.

If Herm was in AA, then there would be three 7AA's in the top 10 AA preseason poll. 2AA will also have three in the top 10.

A bit disappointed that, if Im looking at schedules correctly, that on Dec 2 at 7 pm I am going to have to pick between GR at Tonka or HT at Wayz. Karl, can you take polls on each game to help me decide! Or else go to work and try to get either game time changed to 4.30 pm?
kniven

Re: Where in the heck is the 7AA chatter....

Post by kniven »

kniven wrote:......
http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_arti ... id=1050622

Interesting listen for the entire state....
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

ttt
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Forest Lake or Andover going to be any better this season?
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
kniven

Post by kniven »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:Forest Lake or Andover going to be any better this season?
I have no clue. Just that Andover's PeeWee and Bantam AA teams are highly ranked preseason this year.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Where is any chatter?

I believe we are 10 days away from opening of tryouts....

Perhaps its deer season or the elections. Perhaps the World Series. Perhaps no one has anything to say. Perhaps high school hockey is no longer of interest to the adult male population of Minnesota.

"The day that hockey died...

Bye bye to the Brotens and Housley
Drove the Zamboni to the arena
But the floor was dry
And the third line boys were drinking diet coke and red bull
Singing
This will be the day that I score no more
This will be the day that I die

The day hockey died."

No slapshooter, vain attempt to create something....

:( :( :cry:
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

There is hope, Tony Sarsland will be an assistant coach at Brainerd this year. How fun would it have been to have Sars at ER the last few years?
kniven

Post by kniven »

elliott70 wrote:Where is any chatter?

I believe we are 10 days away from opening of tryouts....

Perhaps its deer season or the elections. Perhaps the World Series. Perhaps no one has anything to say. Perhaps high school hockey is no longer of interest to the adult male population of Minnesota.

"The day that hockey died...

Bye bye to the Brotens and Housley
Drove the Zamboni to the arena
But the floor was dry
And the third line boys were drinking diet coke and red bull
Singing
This will be the day that I score no more
This will be the day that I die

The day hockey died."

No slapshooter, vain attempt to create something....

:( :( :cry:
Yea. Not sure what's up. But honestly.....nothing has changed. GR, Elk, and East. Then the rest fighting for that final 4 spot at Amsoil. It's 90% Rapids and East fans. Their fan bases are awesome and vast.
boblee

Post by boblee »

The advent of Twitter.
kniven

Post by kniven »

boblee wrote:The advent of Twitter.
Ah yes. Time to say goodbye to this dying, now PLEASE BAN ME website. It was fun while it lasted. On to twitter :)
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

kniven wrote:
boblee wrote:The advent of Twitter.
Ah yes. Time to say goodbye to this dying, now PLEASE BAN ME website. It was fun while it lasted. On to twitter :)
Boblee makes a good point. Twitter has sort of taken over. Same thing is happening on the college scene--using the UMD fans as an example, they post very seldom to uscho.com. Twitter has filled the role the umdpenaltybox.com website used to provide.

Twitter works. Plus, you can tweet anything you want, truthful or not, idiotic or not, and the only consequence is people stop following you.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Twitter has become pretty big, yes. Less of a need to get your score updates here now. But this is still better for chatter that goes beyond 140 characters.

Or for reminding people of podcasts. Like the one we'll be recording this Sunday. :)
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

Not to add to the beating of a dead horse....... But there's not too much going on in here right now and I asked a question in another thread that sort of died. Maybe I killed it with my question......who knows? In either case, here goes........

There's been a lot of talk of Hermantown moving up to 7AA after this season. If they do, what would be the best guess of those that know the section well as to when Hermantown would first get to the AA state tourney?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Section 8 guy wrote:Not to add to the beating of a dead horse....... But there's not too much going on in here right now and I asked a question in another thread that sort of died. Maybe I killed it with my question......who knows? In either case, here goes........

There's been a lot of talk of Hermantown moving up to 7AA after this season. If they do, what would be the best guess of those that know the section well as to when Hermantown would first get to the AA state tourney?
Hard to say. They would've been very solid contenders this year, but I expect a mild drop-off next year...still good enough to contend in 7AA if they make the jump, but they won't be favored, and may not be again until the current PeeWee group rolls through.

7AA should be very competitive for the next few years. East is young this year but should be very good the following year if everyone sticks around, Cloquet is about to surge back into contention...Rapids may drop off for a little while after this current group moves through, but they're good at younger levels, so they're not going anywhere long-term, even Andover has some decent youth groups coming up...hard to predict too far out, though.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Section 8 guy wrote:Not to add to the beating of a dead horse....... But there's not too much going on in here right now and I asked a question in another thread that sort of died. Maybe I killed it with my question......who knows? In either case, here goes........

I would expect them to be in the section finals their first year with a 50-50 shot at winning that game.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

elliott70 wrote:I would expect them to be in the section finals their first year with a 50-50 shot at winning that game.
But unless you know what year that game will be played it's anyone's guess what the odds should be.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
elliott70 wrote:I would expect them to be in the section finals their first year with a 50-50 shot at winning that game.
But unless you know what year that game will be played it's anyone's guess what the odds should be.
The assumption is that this is their final year in single A.
So it, the section final game, would be in February 2018.
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

I get the vibe you guys are assuming Htown will stay relevant and would be in the section 7AA title hunt because they are Hermantown.

I guess I was curious for insider insights in regards to the future classes and how Htown has stacked up historically in the next handful of classes through youth hockey. I don't know the groups in that area well but do know some so I'll take a stab at it. Corrections/comments welcomed.

2016-17. Htown will be in 7A.

2017-18. Rapids was a top 3-5 team IIRC. Seems like Elk River was a top 10 kind of team and seems like East could be good when they get the band back together as a senior class. I don't recall Htown being a power in Bantams but I don't recall either way. Seems like Rapids would be a strong favorite as of now with ER and DE a bit behind followed by the rest.

2018-19. Last years Bantam season. Cloquet finished the year rated 3rd, ER was a top 10 kind of team and Andover was a lower top 10 at times. Htown was a bit over .500 vs a very difficult schedule but would be a bit behind the other three with Cloquet having a strong group if no departures. Rapids off a lot in this group.

2019-20. Current Bantams. Andover rated #2 as of now with a batch of tough games behind them. Unbeaten through 10 games. Cloquet should be a top 5-8 team. Htown was ok but not great in PeeWees but lost best player to Marshall. Not sure what if anything has been added. Elk River should be a good team......Rapids and East should both be solid, not great but solid, teams with strong first year groups. Andover and Cloquet would look to be the strongest in this class at this point with potentially three others as good or better than Htown.

2020-2021. Getting a ways out to be able to predict much with any confidence but looks like a strong 7AA group based on last years PeeWee results. Final rankings had four teams with ER #5, Duluth East #7, Cloquet #8 and Rapids #10. East was state tourney Runner Up and ER was 3rd. Htown not in top 20 and sub .500. Htown would have a lot of ground to make up in this class.

I'm guessing I'm off on some of the above but if not........it really looks like Hermantown is in no mans land. Stay and they will continue to be criticized. Move up and it really looks like they could risk falling off the grid to some degree unless some classes can climb the ladder.

It may not be as obvious of a decision as it appears to be.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Are the thoughts of Hermantown moving up based on anything but speculation from the bored members?
redtundra

Post by redtundra »

alcloseshaver wrote:Are the thoughts of Hermantown moving up based on anything but speculation from the bored members?

Freudian slip or is everyone simply bored with Hermantown as an A team...
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

alcloseshaver wrote:Are the thoughts of Hermantown moving up based on anything but speculation from the bored members?
I got a quote from a Hermantown guy who is tight with the coach.
"One more year in the cycle and then we will move."
Interpret it anyway you want. That was made in private conversation last March.

A majority of the HT people I know would like to move up, but not all.
This year's AA games will give everyone a good idea how they stack up for a longer period of time than the last five years (crystal ball to the future opportunities).

In the meantime they are not in 7AA, so the questions are....

GR not that good after the first 3....?
D still a big problem... ?

Elk River perhaps the best in 7AA?
boblee

Post by boblee »

elliott70 wrote:
I got a quote from a Hermantown guy who is tight with the coach.
"One more year in the cycle and then we will move."
Interpret it anyway you want. That was made in private conversation last March.

A majority of the HT people I know would like to move up, but not all.
This year's AA games will give everyone a good idea how they stack up for a longer period of time than the last five years (crystal ball to the future opportunities).

In the meantime they are not in 7AA, so the questions are....

GR not that good after the first 3....?
D still a big problem... ?

Elk River perhaps the best in 7AA?
So far Rapids has allowed 2 goals in 2 games. Not a bad start to answer your D question.