Tic Tic Tic......Tic Tic Tic..... Bomb goes off

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

eazy98 wrote:Here's the roster...

Varsity Roster
# Name Pos Grade
0 Colten Squire F 12
0 Lucas Spanier F 11
0 Mitchell Kohner F 9
0 Shane Griffin F 10
0 Spencer Schneider C 10
3 Tommy Klans F 12
5 Reed Smith F 12
7 Blake Brandt F 11
8 Max Mcglade F 12
10 Jack Parks F 12
11 Keaton Pehrson D 12
12 Chaz Dufon F 12
16 Garret Daly D 11
17 Brock Dreager D 12
18 Ryan Antonakis D 10
20 Robby Gale D 12
21 Henry Enebak F 12
22 Tommy Mcmanus D 12
23 Nathan Hyden D 12
29 Buzz Eigner G 12
31 Carter Springer G 0

According to my sources Mitchell Kohner and Tommy McManus are the only ones that may cause the bomb to go off.
Extrodinary number of freshmen on V/JV this year, more than all its neighboring teams if not the most in metro and more than their previous years.

Can someone explain why?
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

not more than hill.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

still no explosion.
Gotothenetman

Post by Gotothenetman »

old goalie85 wrote:still no explosion.
You talk to the Ad? Rumor has it more calls then you can imagine.
Bluelightspecial-II

Post by Bluelightspecial-II »

Gotothenetman wrote:
1 Freshman, 3 Soph. Doesn't seem to bad to me.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Gotothenetman wrote:
If I counted right, 13 seniors. Please not another rumor. What happened to the transfers that were promised spots?
Gotothenetman

Post by Gotothenetman »

mulefarm wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
If I counted right, 13 seniors. Please not another rumor. What happened to the transfers that were promised spots?
They are all there 1 taking up a varsity spot 4 taking up JV spots instead of playing Bantams.
Gotothenetman

Post by Gotothenetman »

Gotothenetman wrote:
mulefarm wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote: You talk to the Ad? Rumor has it more calls then you can imagine.
They are all there 1 taking up a varsity spot 4 taking up JV spots instead of playing Bantams.
Well you can't call TE dumb so to avoid the bomb going off early he extended the fuse by taking 23 players on the JV. So 5 healthy scratches a night. No NHL team or USHL team or college team scratch that many players a night. So if done equally each kids sits in the stands 5 times. Will be curious if the recruites will have to sit that many. Leave Bantams to play JV and sit 5 games. Only a matter of time before bomb goes off.
Last edited by Gotothenetman on Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

I thought you could dress 20 players? If so, only 3 will sit. How many players are on the varsity?
Gotothenetman

Post by Gotothenetman »

mulefarm wrote:I thought you could dress 20 players? If so, only 3 will sit. How many players are on the varsity?
18 skaters 2 goalies = 20. Kept 23 skaters so 5 sit. 41 skaters between 2 teams can only dress 18 per team on a night. Simple math 5 sit. I wonder if they will have to wear suits in the press box.
Last edited by Gotothenetman on Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluelightspecial-II

Gotothenetman wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
mulefarm wrote: If I counted right, 13 seniors. Please not another rumor. What happened to the transfers that were promised spots?
Well you can't call TE dumb so to avoid the bomb going off early he extended the fuse by taking 23 players on the JV. So 5 healthy scratches a night. No NHL team or USHL team or college team scratch that many players a night. So if done equally each kids sits in the stands 5 times. Will be curious if the recruites will have to sit that many. Leave Bantams to play JV and sit 5 games. Only a matter of time before bomb goes off.
Or maybe shorten the bench and few quit like in years past.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Gotothenetman wrote:
mulefarm wrote:I thought you could dress 20 players? If so, only 3 will sit. How many players are on the varsity?
18 skaters 2 goalies = 20. Kept 23 skaters so 5 sit. 41 skaters between 2 teams can only dress 18 per team on a night. Simple math 5 sit. I wonder if they will have to wear suites in the press box.
It must be really hard to wear a suite.
The U invented swagger.
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

old goalie85 wrote:not more than hill.
Hill does not have a Bantam team :) :) :)
blueblood

hill

Post by blueblood »

Hill has several bantam teams:

Woodbury
Tartan
Mahtomedi
Stillwater
North St. Paul
Roseville
Mounds View
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY

Post by NORTHWOODS HOCKEY »

Gotothenetman wrote:
18 skaters 2 goalies = 20. Kept 23 skaters so 5 sit. 41 skaters between 2 teams can only dress 18 per team on a night. Simple math 5 sit. I wonder if they will have to wear suits in the press box.
If you would have stayed at AV, the school district you live in, you wouldn't have to complain about LVN.
redtundra

Post by redtundra »

NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote:
If you would have stayed at AV, the school district you live in, you wouldn't have to complain about LVN.
Gotta love these arguments! I don't know this situation regarding Gotothe netman and Apple Valley vs. LVN. I do have a connection to LVN, but it stops there. For me the bigger question is parents who "shop" their kids to different communities for a perceived better opportunity for their child vs. staying in their original community and playing. Anecdotal situations aside, when would be a good time to switch communities for purposes of a sport? Too many black and white opinions on this topic. I think if the issue were a better educational opportunity for their kid, most people would endorse a change - taking all activities aside. Not talking hockey, do people switch schools for things like violin, acting, or something like a school with a better science program? I assume so. Kids are probably even "recruited" for these things. We also all know the crazy hockey parent chasing another school(s) because they feel its a better spot, their kid got jobbed, whatever. Where is the line regarding when it's OK to switch and when it's crazy to switch?
mulefarm

Re: hill

Post by mulefarm »

blueblood wrote:Hill has several bantam teams:

Woodbury
Tartan
Mahtomedi
Stillwater
North St. Paul
Roseville
Mounds View
Roseau
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Watched vs STA Sat. 21 is a player, Fresh forward could be replaced by many others on that squad. Both J.V/ bench and varsity bench packed.
thespellchecker

Post by thespellchecker »

old goalie85 wrote:Watched vs STA Sat. 21 is a player, Fresh forward could be replaced by many others on that squad. Both J.V/ bench and varsity bench packed.
How dare each team have 18 skaters and 2 goalies!
Fairly common Russ.
8-TIME weekly & 2-Time Season Pick Em Champ
PuckDaddy

Post by PuckDaddy »

redtundra wrote:
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
Gotothenetman wrote: 18 skaters 2 goalies = 20. Kept 23 skaters so 5 sit. 41 skaters between 2 teams can only dress 18 per team on a night. Simple math 5 sit. I wonder if they will have to wear suits in the press box.
Gotta love these arguments! I don't know this situation regarding Gotothe netman and Apple Valley vs. LVN. I do have a connection to LVN, but it stops there. For me the bigger question is parents who "shop" their kids to different communities for a perceived better opportunity for their child vs. staying in their original community and playing. Anecdotal situations aside, when would be a good time to switch communities for purposes of a sport? Too many black and white opinions on this topic. I think if the issue were a better educational opportunity for their kid, most people would endorse a change - taking all activities aside. Not talking hockey, do people switch schools for things like violin, acting, or something like a school with a better science program? I assume so. Kids are probably even "recruited" for these things. We also all know the crazy hockey parent chasing another school(s) because they feel its a better spot, their kid got jobbed, whatever. Where is the line regarding when it's OK to switch and when it's crazy to switch?
From what I hear - Apparently when the team you are looking at has arguably the best player in the state and the coach is a friend of the family - look at what happened to a senior goalie at EP......
Gotothenetman

Post by Gotothenetman »

thespellchecker wrote:
old goalie85 wrote:Watched vs STA Sat. 21 is a player, Fresh forward could be replaced by many others on that squad. Both J.V/ bench and varsity bench packed.
How dare each team have 18 skaters and 2 goalies!
Fairly common Russ.
You are correct very common to dress the max 20 players. What is not common is the sit 5 kids in the crowd to get down to the 20.
Bluelightspecial-II

4 years ago number 21 was in the same position as this years transfer. Pretty hard to cast judgement after just one game, don't you think?
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Was this the bomb?
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

mulefarm wrote:
Was this the bomb?
The bomb of 1 9th grader making the team? What happened to the rest, all on JV?
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

InYourFace09 wrote:
mulefarm wrote:
Was this the bomb?
The bomb of 1 9th grader making the team? What happened to the rest, all on JV?
Old question ... what are the pro and con of having freshman playing for JV instead of Bantam?