Jordan Schroeder

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

graybeard

Jordan Schroeder

Post by graybeard » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:35 pm

Congrats, looking forward to your first game in MN.

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Fri May 08, 2015 3:50 pm

I will take an undrafted Tyler Johnson over him anyday!

oldschoolpuckster

Post by oldschoolpuckster » Fri May 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Sats81 wrote:I will take an undrafted Tyler Johnson over him anyday!
WOW!! You are the best hockey mind in town. You should apply to be a GM in the NHL NOW.

Where was that statement before the season started??? Did you even know who Tyler Johnson was? (No you didn't)

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Mon May 11, 2015 10:33 am

oldschoolpuckster wrote:
WOW!! You are the best hockey mind in town. You should apply to be a GM in the NHL NOW.

Where was that statement before the season started??? Did you even know who Tyler Johnson was? (No you didn't)
Oh, I forgot, you know everything! I did know who Tyler Johnson was before the season started. Keep defending Schroeder, an overrated 1st round bust. He has had enough chances to prove he DOESN'T belong in the show. Put him back in Iowa.

oldschoolpuckster

Post by oldschoolpuckster » Mon May 11, 2015 6:45 pm

Sats81 wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:

Oh, I forgot, you know everything! I did know who Tyler Johnson was before the season started. Keep defending Schroeder, an overrated 1st round bust. He has had enough chances to prove he DOESN'T belong in the show. Put him back in Iowa.
Not everything...just a lot.

I will defend Schroeder. He is a fantastic player. Unfortunately he plays in Mike Yeo's "system" and has not been given the proper line mates (at all) and is forced to follow a style of play that doesn't suit his game. He definitely belongs in the show!!

I think Tyler Johnson is having a much better season, no doubt. He also has been given all of the offensive freedom he needs and plays with two great, complimentary players. (unlike Jordan)

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Tue May 12, 2015 6:08 am

Sats81 wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:

Why the hate for a MN kid who wants to do what 95% of us wanted to do? Late 1st round picks are a crap shoot. Look at Patrick White and David Fischer. He's played in more NHL games that anybody who posts on here! Whether I like him or not, I hope he finds his niche in the NHL.

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:49 am

oldschoolpuckster wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:

I will defend Schroeder. He is a fantastic player. Unfortunately he plays in Mike Yeo's "system" and has not been given the proper line mates (at all) and is forced to follow a style of play that doesn't suit his game. He definitely belongs in the show!!

I think Tyler Johnson is having a much better season, no doubt. He also has been given all of the offensive freedom he needs and plays with two great, complimentary players. (unlike Jordan)
So what was the problem in Vancouver then?

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:54 am

mulefarm wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:

Why the hate for a MN kid who wants to do what 95% of us wanted to do? Late 1st round picks are a crap shoot. Look at Patrick White and David Fischer. He's played in more NHL games that anybody who posts on here! Whether I like him or not, I hope he finds his niche in the NHL.
I hope he finds his niche in the NHL too. Almost all draft picks are a crap shoot. Not hating on him. Just think he was overrated when he was drafted.

oldschoolpuckster

Post by oldschoolpuckster » Tue May 12, 2015 5:50 pm

Sats81 wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:

Similar problem. Tough line up to crack back then. Didn't really have a chance to get above the 4th line (unless he were still there this season) Still never really was put in a situation to succeed.

I'm not sure overrated is the right way to think of him. All first rounders need to go to the right situation to have an immediate impact. He has a very specific skill set and needs to find the right situation. That's the tough part of the NHL I guess. I would love to see him with Fontaine and Haula on the third line.

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:57 pm

oldschoolpuckster wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:

Similar problem. Tough line up to crack back then. Didn't really have a chance to get above the 4th line (unless he were still there this season) Still never really was put in a situation to succeed.

I'm not sure overrated is the right way to think of him. All first rounders need to go to the right situation to have an immediate impact. He has a very specific skill set and needs to find the right situation. That's the tough part of the NHL I guess. I would love to see him with Fontaine and Haula on the third line.
I am not saying he doesn't have a great skill set. He possesses incredible speed, has great vision and handles puck very well. Can we agree that his pro career (and last year at the U) have left a lot to be desired?

oldschoolpuckster

Post by oldschoolpuckster » Fri May 15, 2015 12:40 pm

Sats81 wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:

I am not saying he doesn't have a great skill set. He possesses incredible speed, has great vision and handles puck very well. Can we agree that his pro career (and last year at the U) have left a lot to be desired?
Can't agree on that.

I am hopeful that he gets an opportunity next season to have a "top 9" role for this team. He has paid his dues and is worthy of the spot. I see him being a great asset to this team.

Don't forget, he is the all time points leader for team USA at the World Juniors...the kid has game.

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Mon May 18, 2015 12:11 pm

oldschoolpuckster wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:

Can't agree on that.

I am hopeful that he gets an opportunity next season to have a "top 9" role for this team. He has paid his dues and is worthy of the spot. I see him being a great asset to this team.

Don't forget, he is the all time points leader for team USA at the World Juniors...the kid has game.
The world juniors isn't the NHL though.

oldschoolpuckster

Post by oldschoolpuckster » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:24 pm

Sats81 wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
oldschoolpuckster wrote:

Can't agree on that.

The world juniors isn't the NHL though.
Looks like he has found the right situation. Playing very well!! Glad to see things work out for him!